What's new

The Reivers (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
Anyone else buy this Paramount title? I watched it a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Steve McQueen did a very good job with his character and I think it was one of his better performances. Rupert Crosse was priceless as his friend - some wonderful moments between him and McQueen. I'm surprised no one has done a review of this gem. The 2.35 image looked pretty good and the John Williams score sounded fine on the 5.1 remix. Up until the recent release of this dvd I was not even aware that it existed. A very good coming of age story set in 1905.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I got kind of backed up, so some of the catalog reviews I'm doing are coming after street date. I'll have a review of this one up soon.

I haven't seen any reviews at other sites, either...

-Scott

StevenFC

Second Unit
Loved this film as a kid all those many years ago. I can't remember if I saw it in the theatre or on television. I haven't seen it since that I can recall. It's certainly one that I'd like to own if it's a decent DVD.

It's just so hard to buy everything that I want and still pay my bills. :)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Its a wonderful film and the transfer is excellent. I worked at the theater where it played in San Diego and even the original stereo sound with John Williams score is there! BTW the running time is actually 111 min.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I've always wanted to see this and didn't realize it'd come out. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks