What's new

"THE PUNISHER" - good or bad transfer? (1 Viewer)

Esten

Supporting Actor
I've read a few different reviews from websites DVD-Basen has linked to,and all the reviews for "The Punisher" seem to be half and half.Some say the transfer is "pretty good",while others say it's "terrible".

So,anyone have the disc that can comment on the quality?

Thanks.:)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I have the disk and thin the transfer is OK, It's nothing to write home about, but it does the job for a cheap disk.
I have seen much worse, but then again I have some imports of old kung fu flicks which are downright horrendous :thumbsdown:
As for this, for the low cost it is adequate. I probably wouldn't expect this to be revisited either...

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
The transfer may be OK but the soundtrack is ABSYMAL. The first (and only?) pressing of the DVD says it's in stereo on the back, but it's really in 1.0 MONO by mistake!! (and yup, it's a stereo film as well). Unless there was a corrected pressing I'd avoid the DVD at all costs.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Like someone else said, for such a cheap disc, it's adequate.

You never know, it might be re-issued when the remake hits theaters next year. Then again, this IS Artisan afterall, they might go full frame next time. :)

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I'm already expecting for them to announce THE PUNISHER: ULITMATE EDITION around the same time the new flick premieres. I bought this disc on a blind buy and I can only find a few good scenes in an otherwise ablysmal film. Like a few have said, the transfer is just OK, nothing special, nothing great. I picked this up for $5.88 though and I guess it's worth it if you're a fan of the comics.

Britton

Screenwriter
At $5.88 in the Wal-Mart bargain bin, I imagine if would fall under the category of good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks