The problem with weight loss

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Erik.Ha, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Erik.Ha

Erik.Ha Supporting Actor

OK... so after six months on low carb and losing quite a bit of weight, I have one small problem...

My wedding band no longer fits...

In fact, it now fits the INDEX finger of my opposite (bigger) hand.

Is there anything that can be done about this? When I wash my hands the added lubrication makes it feel like the ring has a mind of its own and is going to shoot off my finger like Clark Griswold's sled in Christmas Vacation...

I know the ring can be cut and some metal can be removed, but Im hesitant to take such a permanent step, especially until I know the weight loss is going to last a while...

Are there any interim steps I can try?

2. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

My wedding ring no longer first me either. I'm a bit concerned considering it keeps slipping off and I really don't want to lose it.

Anyway, jewelers can put in a small piece on the inside where it holds to your finger, leaving the original band alone. I know they do this for women's rings but I don't know about men's. I also don't know how much of a size difference there can be for it to be effective.

Does your band have a pattern all the way around it? If it does, the jeweler may have trouble resizing it even via traditional methods since it will interfere with the pattern.

If my first suggestion doesn't work, I'd take the ring in and ask them if they have any other suggestions.

3. David McGough

David McGough Second Unit

Take a little strip of duct tape and go around the bottom of the band. Ring stays on and if gets tight your getting fat.

I have lost 33lbs on this Atkins diet and Im never hungry.
    The burger places are getting wise the low carb burgers.

IM 296 TO 264 in 6 weeks.
    Lets just all keep the weight off.
    Dave

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I thought this was gonna be about stretch marks heh. I'm sure a jeweler can help you out.

5. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

This is funny, because, for the first time in nearly twenty years, my band does fit. (thanks to a 75 lb. loss[​IMG])

Jon

6. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer