What's new

The "Pick-up" Thread: Show Off Your Purchases Here! (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
After clearing the idea with Ron, I thought it might be fun to have an on-going thread where we can post photos of our recent physical media "pick-ups".

If you've recently purchased blu-rays, 4k UHDs, or even "old school" laserdiscs or DVDs, show them off here! They don't need to be rare or special or hard-to-find (but please do post those).

I'm hoping this will be a lively, friendly, breezy thread. Please try to avoid criticizing purchases or physical media collecting in general.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone is buying!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Isn't this thread kind of the same type of thread? Perhaps, we should edit the thread title to include all physical media purchases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't know what to tell you. I wrote to Ron and expressly asked permission to start this thread.
Ron doesn't know every thread that is active on the forum. Neither do I, but I've been participating in that linked thread so that's why I was aware of it.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I'll start with some new purchases that arrived this week: Flight of the Navigator (imported from Second Sight), Popstar (I've been looking for this steelbook for a while now, and I was lucky enough to find it in store locally), The Neverending Story (imported from Germany), and Heavy Metal.

Flight of the Navigator.JPG
Heavy Metal.JPG
Popstar.JPG
The Neverending Story.JPG

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'll start with some new purchases that arrived this week: Flight of the Navigator (imported from Second Sight), Popstar (I've been looking for this steelbook for a while now, and I was lucky enough to find it in store locally), The Neverending Story (imported from Germany), and Heavy Metal.

View attachment 135792 View attachment 135793 View attachment 135794 View attachment 135795

Is the NEVERENDING STORY 4K you imported the longer European cut (101 minutes vs. U.S. 92 minutes)? If so, it is the much better cut. I might order this myself.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Is the NEVERENDING STORY 4K you imported the longer European cut (101 minutes vs. U.S. 92 minutes)? If so, it is the much better cut. I might order this myself.
It's the 101 minute cut. The transfer is also fantastic. No pop song in this version, but it's a fair sacrifice for the longer cut.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It's the 101 minute cut. The transfer is also fantastic. No pop song in this version, but it's a fair sacrifice for the longer cut.

Yeah, this does not have the synth pop score by Georgio (MIDNIGHT EXPRESS) Morodor or the title song by Limahl, which was a minor hit in the U.S. Instead, it contains a (better) score by Klaus (DAS BOOT) Doldinger.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Yeah, this does not have the synth pop score by Georgio (MIDNIGHT EXPRESS) Morodor or the title song by Limahl, which was a minor hit in the U.S. Instead, it contains a (better) score by Klaus (DAS BOOT) Doldinger.
Sounds like you'll be pleased with this. The movie has never looked better on home release.

The cover art is reversible (I believe many German releases have reversible covers) so you can get rid of the ugly ratings box.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
My most recent delivery was the import from Plain Archive of Celine Sciamma's Coming of Age Trilogy, composed of Water Lilies, Tomboy, and Girlhood. Sciamma is perhaps most famous for her Portrait of a Lady on Fire from 2019 which was met with wide critical acclaim (and is available on Blu-ray from Criterion).

This is a gorgeous boxset:

Céline Sciamma Coming-Of-Age Trilogy 1.JPG
Céline Sciamma Coming-Of-Age Trilogy 3.JPG
Céline Sciamma Coming-Of-Age Trilogy 2.JPG
Céline Sciamma Coming-Of-Age Trilogy 4.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks