What's new

The Ongoing Wal-Mart $4.88/$5.50/$5.88 Bargain Bin Thread (1 Viewer)

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
Saw Buffy the Vampire Slayer and C.H.U.D. on the $5.99 rack at Best Buy. I assume these titles will make it to the bin at some point as well.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
New Arrival:
Truth or Consequences, N.M. (1997, 16x9)
As I recall, this may be a 'Pulp Fiction' wanna-be, but it's still suppose to be OK.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Ticker is unbelievably bad, but everything you'd expect in an Albert Pyun movie, so you might enjoy it on that level. Everyone is slumming in this movie, Dennis Hopper, Tom Sizemore, Peter Greene and expecially Big Steven Seagal, who seems to have more scenes sitting down behind desks and things than in any previous movie.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Somewhat new arrival:
Antitrust (2000, 16x9): not expecting too much from this one, just hope it's at least dumb fun with good A/V.
It also seems to have some decent extras.

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
In NJ... Picked up "Kiss the Girls" & "Double Jeopardy" (Ashley Judd thrillers). Both 16 x 9 WS, Both 5.1. Definitely worth $5.50 each.
Also picked up Truth or Consequences, N.M starring Kiefer Sutherland & Vincent Gallo. Its a "flipper" from Columbia which means now that its in the bin, they'll probably lose the WS version from the one side.

jian

Agent
In CA...picked up "Eddie" and "Coneheads". Plan on saving these as Christmas gifts. images/smilies/smile.gif

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the The Governess starring Minnie Driver & Tom Wilkinson in the bin (in NJ). Once again, Col / Tristar HE has stripped the 16 x 9 WS version from the disc leaving only the "Full Screen Edition", as Col has so eloquently listed as part of the "Special Features". Col sux for doing this!
Has anyone else seen Coneheads in the bin other than our friend in California?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
One more CTHE "stripped" title found in the local bin: The Last Action Hero. The WS/P&S version is less than Cdn$2 more.

Edit: Noticed Wall Street, Diner, and Logans Run in another WM's bin, picked up the first 2 (have the other).

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I found THE POSTMAN STRIKES BACK, part of Fox's latest wave of Hong Kong titles, in the U.S. Wal-Mart Bin for $5.50 on the weekend. The damnd thing was filled to overflowing, so I didn't dig very far. I'm hoping the other four titles from this wave might turn up there as well.

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
Somebody should send them an email or letter about overfilling the bins. Makes me not want to shop or dig. Its just too much work.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The bin at the Wal-Mart here was practically empty. I asked the clerk and she said that they are not going to be filling it for a while, so what you see out there is all they have. Then two days ago I went in and the bin was overflowing. I rummaged through only to find out that it was filled with nothing but Python, The Last Seduction, At Close Range, Suicide Kings and Iron Eagle. I was dumbfounded by how many copies of those movies they had. No other titles but those!

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Today the bin was overflowing with animated Spawn (1,2,3) discs. The post by Cees Alons reminded me: I got Rustler's Rhapsody from the bin. And though I didn't find the Coneheads somebody was asking about, I did get Airheads a while back.

Shem Kellogg

Agent
yo i seen DJ Pooh's The Wash starring Doc Drizzay, Snoop D-O- Double Gizzy, Marshal Mathers III, Kuruption, X to the mutha fuckin Z, etc.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I found 2 more WWE titles:
History of Wrestlemania I-IX
Shawn Michaels: Boyhood Dream
I picked up both of them but haven't watched them.
They are both listed as being 2 hrs long.
Michaels disk features 8 matches all from 1996.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
quote:I found THE POSTMAN STRIKES BACK, part of Fox's latest wave of Hong Kong titles, in the U.S. Wal-Mart Bin for $5.50 on the weekend. The damnd thing was filled to overflowing, so I didn't dig very far. I'm hoping the other four titles from this wave might turn up there as well.
I was back in there today, I picked up Postman yesterday, today I found Battle Creek Brawl, I was hoping to find others from the latest wave, but no luck. Although I was told that they had a lot 5.50 stuff that hadn't come out yet.
Also, I was told that both The Santa Clause and The Santa Clause 2 would be in the bin soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks