What's new

The Ongoing Wal-Mart $4.88/$5.50/$5.88 Bargain Bin Thread (1 Viewer)

Nice job Nick
I will be on the lookout for Talk Radio and Hot Shots Part Deux
Luckily found Hot Shots a couple of weeks ago.
There were none in the Wal Mart by my house but MANY in the WalMart across town

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
Visited a Wal Mart Near Princeton, NJ today and of course, I routed through the $5.50 bin. I bought Short Circuit (Ally Sheedy) and Brewster's Millions (John Candy).
I saw a bunch of other titles also new to the bin including:
Total Recall (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Daylight (Sylvester Stallone)
Casual Sex (Lea Thompson)
Evolution (Seann Willam Scott)
The Lonely Guy (Steve martin)
That's all I can remember right now. I will check out another tomorrow.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Managed to find 2 of the recent Fox/Fortune Star titles (the ones mentioned last by Brian) in the (Canadian) bin, and Hot Shots. Also got Tapeheads from the bin, don't think it's been mentioned yet. Saw a trailer for it on something I watched recently, looked not bad at all, has Cusack and Robbins. All ana-WS.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
not sure if this title was mentioned earlier but when I grabbed Hot Shots last night there were a couple copies of "Robin Williams, Live on Broadway" in the bin...pretty funny show, one I don't regret buying for $15 when it came out not that long ago!

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
Dropped in another Wal mart in my travels today. I saw that WB added two more titles to the $5.50 DVD bin:
My Giant (Billy Crystal)
Valentine (Denise Richards)
I also saw a huge pallot from WB with about 32 different titles at $7.00 each, too many to name.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Well, Nick Graham I picked up Talk Radio on your suggestion......also checked out IMDB and there were some good reviews. Had to get Airheads too. images/smilies/smile.gif

KevinWEL

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up
DOUBLE JEOPARDY
and
TOTAL RECALL (SE)
from the $5.50 bin at a Walmart near work today. To my suprise their "dump bin" was organized on shelves!!! correctly stacked so you could even read the Mfg. labels on the top seal. Wow.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Now I kinda feel pressured...hope you guys like it. If not, well, I'm not sending your 5.50 back! There seem to be multiple copies of The Twilight Zone Volume 2 in our local bin now.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Yea, I saw those Twilight Zones also...just wish they would have had Vol. 1. Fortunatley I decided to go to a different Walmart than I usually do. A SUPERcenter. They had all of the 5.50 dvds on a giant 4 sided bookshelf. It was soooo easy to see what they had and I didn't have to dig thru heaps of crap to get to anything.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I bought The Lonely Guy and Two-Minute Warning today. Also saw plenty of The Twilight Zone Vol.2 discs.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Stopped by and picked up:
Anatomy- I was never able to find this in a B&M when it was first release, glad I didn't!
Short Circuit
Evolution
Valentine
All in Widescreen

Marc Fedderman

Second Unit
New additions to the bin near me:
Ricochet
Kiss the Girls
Evolution
Anatomy
The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Standing in the Shadows of Motown (2-disc set)
Plan 9 From Outer Space (an Image disc that includes a circa Ed Wood documentary)
I picked up Rocky and Bullwinkle and Motown. I'm not a huge horror fan, but Anatomy did pique my interest. Is it worth a shot?

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
Saw and picked up 2 new $5.50 DVD titles:
Nothing in Common (Tom Hanks, Jackie Gleason - Directed by Garry Marshall) (Col-Tristar "flipper" disc. If you want to get this flick, I suggest picking it up now as Col-Tristar is famous for dropping the WS side of the disc once it hits the dump bin)
Live From Baghdad (Michael Keaton, Helena Bonham Carter) (This is an HBO movie and I think it is exceptional. I HIGHLY recommend this movie and is definitely worth $5.50!)
Also saw The Forsaken making its dump bin DVD debut in the Wal-Mart Bin in NJ AND all of MGM's MIDNIGHT MOVIES DVDs are in a cardboard dump bin for only $5.00 each! All of these titles were recently place on moratorium. I recommend The Beast Within, Motel Hell, Mars Needs Women, Invaders From Mars and The Pit and the Pendulum.
Happy digging!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks