What's new

The Official Star Wars Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I've only heard clips, but apparently the mixing is a little weird on these new Disney remasters, particularly on EMPIRE, where the L-R balance is also a little uneven.

is there a good source or review of the other scores that were remastered last year?

Still waiting on that preorder for Rise!!!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Still waiting on that preorder for Rise!!!

I feel your pain, but unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Disney has been announcing their soundtracks later and later. Aladdin and The Lion King only got announced a few weeks before their respective release dates. Frozen (out November 15 ahead of the movie on November 22) had an album with the songs announced a week or two ago. Apparently, the score is going to be released separately from the songs for it, but there have been no details about the score release yet or any pre-orders for it. I don't really think announcing music early is a priority for Disney at all. So after waiting on pins and needles for Aladdin, I've started to think it's better to just chill. The pre-order comes when it comes, and there is nothing we can do about it, so why stress? I still think the CD will be released on December 20 no matter how long they take to announce it.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I feel your pain, but unfortunately, I'm not surprised. Disney has been announcing their soundtracks later and later. Aladdin and The Lion King only got announced a few weeks before their respective release dates. Frozen (out November 15 ahead of the movie on November 22) had an album with the songs announced a week or two ago. Apparently, the score is going to be released separately from the songs for it, but there have been no details about the score release yet or any pre-orders for it. I don't really think announcing music early is a priority for Disney at all. So after waiting on pins and needles for Aladdin, I've started to think it's better to just chill. The pre-order comes when it comes, and there is nothing we can do about it, so why stress? I still think the CD will be released on December 20 no matter how long they take to announce it.

good to know. I agree physical CDs are not a big deal to announce anymore.
I’ll check back in December.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I’ll check back in December.

The soundtracks for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were both released on the same Friday as their respective films. I see no reason to expect Disney to deviate from that pattern, which would mean December 20.

In the case of Star Wars, there's really nothing to announce other than the date and the pricing, because the track titles for those albums were not posted until release date in an effort to avoid spoilers.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The soundtracks for The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi were both released on the same Friday as their respective films. I see no reason to expect Disney to deviate from that pattern, which would mean December 20.

In the case of Star Wars, there's really nothing to announce other than the date and the pricing, because the track titles for those albums were not posted until release date in an effort to avoid spoilers.

cool!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
is there a good source or review of the other scores that were remastered last year?
!!!

is there a good resource on reviewing the Disney prequel scores? I have the original releases and the expanded phantom.

im just curious about the new Disney remasters.

thanks!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As far as I know, the Disney releases for Episodes II and III are identical in terms of music content to what was released before Disney acquired the rights, except that they have been remastered. But there's no additional music that wasn't on before.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The last Jedi on vinyl was down to $12.

I order 2 copies. One to keep and one to gift.

both copies seem to have pops and skipping at times. I cleaned them with a brush as well.

I will ask for replacements.

I saw a warping issue mentioned in reviews on the target exclusive vinyl Of the rise of skywalker. They recommended the standard version.

does Disney have problems with their vinyl pressings??

I’ve never had problems with new records until now.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Too bad they couldn’t invent a much smaller disc say about the size of a record label which could be read by laser and solve all these annoying popping, warping, and skipping problems!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Star Wars Rise of skywalker lp arrived and plays beautifully.

I had 2 replacement copies of the last Jedi sent. I’m hoping the first 2 that I sent back were bad stock.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Just came across this on Facebook...

Across the Stars video on FB

And on YouTube instead :

And here are more details apparently for the new album release (though it's not all Star Wars related music):

I'd actually like to get the sheet music (for my kids), if possible, not just the album...

_Man_

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Update on the last Jedi lp. I tried 4 copies and sent all 4 of them back. Manufacturing issues apparently.

rise of skywalker lp plays just fine.

I hope Disney will reissue the empire strikes back on vinyl lp soon.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks