What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Official Star Wars Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Solo soundtrack is streaming on Spotify. I really am enjoying it. I love the nods to the Williams material too.

I really liked the film as well. I saw it on Tuesday.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I got a chance to listen to the Solo soundtrack this week and enjoyed it. As I expected, hearing the score on its own gave me more of an appreciation for it when I saw (& heard) the movie again yesterday.

Awesome.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
So...

As this thread is zzzzz at the moment..

I’m going to make a return of the Jedi cd.
I’m using the original soundtrack album. What other tracks from the special edition should I add? I have the se scores on cd.

Also.. do I keep Lapti Nek?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Actually I could put 15 minutes more on a new hope and empire too...

Both are 65 minutes. Cd is 80 minutes.

Yes I still use CDs. Not always but I do use them in addition to iPod or iPhone.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Were episodes 1-3 remastered by Sony?

I saw that they have now been remastered by Disney along with 4-6.

I may end up buying these if for nothing more than curiosity.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Were episodes 1-3 remastered by Sony?

I saw that they have now been remastered by Disney along with 4-6.

I may end up buying these if for nothing more than curiosity.

I've only heard clips, but apparently the mixing is a little weird on these new Disney remasters, particularly on EMPIRE, where the L-R balance is also a little uneven.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I've only heard clips, but apparently the mixing is a little weird on these new Disney remasters, particularly on EMPIRE, where the L-R balance is also a little uneven.

I read the other forum thread and saw the comments as well.

I’ll still probably pick at least hope and empire up at some point.

I had some problems with loading the digital files into iTunes. For some reason iTunes cuts off tracks at different point. It fills the space with silence.
So I have to delete them out of iTunes and try to load / import them again. Silly.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

I just got empire and the other two ot ones yesterday! This far I’m impressed with the sound. I haven’t noticed any unevenness but I was listening in the car.

I may also pick up the prequels as well. I have the original releases and picked up phantom expanded a while back too.

Did anyone else pick up the Disney remasters?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Any news from Disney on the rise of skywalker soundtrack?

Also will they be reissuing 1-6 on vinyl soon???

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Any news from Disney on the rise of skywalker soundtrack?

It still seems too early for that. I pre-ordered The Force Awakens on September 4, 2015 and The Last Jedi on September 7, 2017, which is around the time they became available. Lately, they have been announcing soundtracks later and later. Aladdin, Toy Story 4 and The Lion King were announced only a couple of weeks prior to their movie releases.

If Disney wants to make an announcement in the immediate future, it will inevitably come at their D23 Expo. If they don't, they won't, and they don't need to for a while yet. I fully expect the soundtrack to be released on December 20 alongside the film whether they announce it next week or in early December or anytime in between.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It still seems too early for that. I pre-ordered The Force Awakens on September 4, 2015 and The Last Jedi on September 7, 2017, which is around the time they became available. Lately, they have been announcing soundtracks later and later. Aladdin, Toy Story 4 and The Lion King were announced only a couple of weeks prior to their movie releases.

If Disney wants to make an announcement in the immediate future, it will inevitably come at their D23 Expo. If they don't, they won't, and they don't need to for a while yet. I fully expect the soundtrack to be released on December 20 alongside the film whether they announce it next week or in early December or anytime in between.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks