What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (16 Viewers)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Has anyone watched the first episode of Picard season 3 yet? I swear they used some music from First Contact (film) but I did not see any credit.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil, this has been a bad week in the entertainment field. I’m giving Catspaw a listen now. I liked the bits in the score that were not used in the episode too. Agreed that he had quite an impact on the series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Terry Matalas has said that the soundtrack for Picard Season 3 will be released on multiple formats. If you’ve heard it, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s the best Star Trek score in decades.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
The Picard season 3 soundtrack is awesome. Either Barton or Weidmann, or both, should be strongly considered for composing duties on the next "Trek" film.

BTW, just to mark the fact (and assuming it's the same on everyone else's device), there are currently 79 pages of this thread -- one for every episode of TOS. :>]

Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Neil-

Thanks for the heads up on this. I took a quick look at the track listing and it looks like with the exception of the tracks from The Cage and Where No Man Has Gone Before, this set is for the first season episodes. Looks like a nice way to get the tracks if one missed the complete series set.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Because of prior deals, The Cage, Where No Man Has Gone Before, Amok Time and The Doomsday Machine will not be reissued.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Looks like I made the right call buying the box set when I did then. Those old Crescendo discs sounded lousy and weren't complete.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil. So the licensing deal prevents re-issue of The Cage and Where No Man Has Gone Before. I didn’t know this deal includes Amok Time and The Doomsday Machine. This made me wonder if there was a pattern here, as The Cage and Where No Man are composed by Alexander Courage. But Amok Time and The Doomsday Machine are by Sol Kaplan and Gerald Fried. So it is not by composers, but perhaps an agreement with GNP Crescendo as they have those sets of tracks from those episodes on albums.

As has been said, I’m really glad to have the La La Land boxset!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil.

Seems to be a lot of Star Trek II activity lately. Today is the release of a new book; Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: The Making of the Classic Film by John Tenuto and Maria Jose Tenuto.

I thought there was a connection there, but it appears to be a coincidence you posted that YouTube video Neil. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

I'm very much a novice in the area of Trek music but since you had to drop some of the discs due to previous licensing agreements, will there be six releases in this series?

I doubt you could even answer this but is there any chance of an extra disc with 'new' stuff that didn't make the original set? Again, I'm a novice so maybe every note is already in the box set.

Last edited:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'm very much a novice in the area of Trek music but since you had to drop some of the discs due to previous licensing agreements, will there be six releases in this series?
I would call that a logical assumption.

is there any chance of an extra disc with 'new' stuff that didn't make the original set?
The box set was pretty comprehensive. The few things that were missing and previously issued on the 50th Anniversary Collection are being incorporated into these albums where appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks