What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I hit a bug in the Canderous quest.

Found Jigo or whatever his name is in the desert, blah blah blah, but when he said 'lets fight,' the fight never happened; just boom to a cutscene with Canderous sounding shaken and thanking me.

Poot.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

millercv

Second Unit
Nice :b Although the outfit (or lack thereof) she has on in theScene where Malak has them all in the torture tubes
is closer :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
A few questions for the KOTOR looneys:

1. Who are your favorite tag-along characters?

Bastilla's always a keeper. The third spot goes to Carth and Juhani. Sometimes I'll let Mission play a little.

2. Favorite planet?

Kashyyk. I just dig the big trees.

3. Favorite quest?

The Sith Academy stuff!

4. How many times have you accepted Dark points when you're trying to go Light - or vice versa?

Once or twice. Seems that late in the game there are a few quests than inevitably bring you Dark points no matter what. :frowning:

5. How long did it take you to realize that you could navigate the massive maps a WHOLE LOT quicker just by using Force (or Knight) speed?

Took me a while. :b

Plus I had some funky armor that wouldn't allow my Force Speed to work. So there I am... Force Running through the Dune Sea in my Space Undies.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
With the Mandalorian, convince him that you want to help, and he'll tell you to drug him into a catatonic state, and then they'll throw him out, and he'll wake up in a few days and bugger off.
Nope. Came all the way back to Korriban and he still won't trust me. And I'm like 2 inches away from being fully "Light" in my force politics. :frowning:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Also, my friend completed Mission's quest involving her brother and the Sand People. If you already freed the Jawas, will you still be able to complete this mission?
Yes. I had killed all teh sand people & thought I was out of luck, but went back last night with Mission in my party, and found Griff in a previously empty room.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Hmm, I did the same thing and found the Enclave completely Griffless. Oh well, I never liked that freaky blue chick anyway. :)

The crew I roll out with is Bastila and Jolee. Bastila, because she's my "Valor" caster and droid-killer, and Jolee because he's the resident Dark Side caster. I couldn't take Carth's whining anymore, and while HK was fun on Tatooine, his blasters just don't seem to be as effective as having the old man dropping lightning down on my foes.

Favorite planet is Kashyyk so far, but I just got to Manaan, and I haven't seen Korriban yet. Tatooine I didn't like at all. I realize that deserts are monotonous by nature, but did the developers have to be so true to life in that aspect? :) Force Speed sure would have helped, but none of my characters have it.

The worst was after I had gotten to the Star map and I ran all the way back to town and was ready to head off-planet, some chick came up and started blabbing about Bastila's Mom being sick, and after talking to her I had to run all the way BACK to the damn dragon's lair to get something for Bastila. And then back again. All that boring running over a featureless landscape started giving me flashbacks to Morrowind--all it lacked was about 200 cliff racers to make the illusion complete. :laugh:

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
So I'm trying to convert Bastila back to the light side, and at one point I pick the 'I won't fight you. I don't believe you'll strike me down.'

Well, she struck me down. I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while....

I found Griff by wandering Kashyyk with Mission, running into Lena, who told us that he works on Tattooine. So go to Tattooine, and talk to the Czerka rep, she mentions he's caught by sandpeople. Go talk to the sandpeople chief with HK-47, and the chief says 'he's so damn useless, he's not even worth torturing and killing.' So you go let him out.

Then, go back to the Czerka thingy and talk to him again, and he'll have a new scam for you.

By the way, you can tell this is a RPG because nobody bats an eye when you ransack all of their footlockers, wicker bins, lockers, metal boxes, plasteel cylinders, and so on. Like this: http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2003-03-21

Two things I need to try: don't kill the gizkas on the Hawk, but sell them to the guy on Manaan, and open the box that you're supposed to take to Motta the Hutt from Korriban. :)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Does every crew member have his/her own subquest to explore? One of the things I realized after finishing the game the first time was that aside from finding Griff, I never did anything related to the crew. I simply didn't talk to them enough, I guess. I'm alternating between a couple of new characters now, so hopefully I'll be able to cover all the stuff I missed the first time.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
You can't do either of the genoharden beginning missions without getting dark side points, which I think is stupid. I understand how killing the prisoner is evil, but I think you should be able to give Zuuland a chance to repent his slaving, and if he attacks you, kill him dark side point free. But whatever.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure, but I think you'll get some new mini-quests based on who's in your party at the time.

I was leaving Korriban when some rude asshole started talking smack to Juhani. Turns out he was the one who enslaved her family, etc., etc.

When you reach a new planet, step outside with every one of your party members. This levels them up, you can fit them with new weapons, and sometimes you'll see some new NPCs running up to you saying "Hey Candelabra! I wanna fight you for what you did 20 years ago!"

I'm at the Star Forge now. Kinda sad that it's almost over. :frowning:

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I'm at the Star Forge now. Kinda sad that it's almost over.
again, and I regret playing the game as a soldier/guardian even further min-maxed than I was last time. I took the improved crit feat, two lightsabers, one of the lightsabers has extra damage crystals and the massive crit crystal, and the other has the crit threat range doubler and the massive crit crystal, so about half my hits with the second saber do 50+ damage, and of course I use force speed, so... I'm tearing through the seemingly infinite soldiers/dark jedi just for fun, Juhani and Jolee are dead but I continue my solo campaign to kill every last one of them. It's a good thing the game can't read your mind when your fighting, because in most of the moral dilemmas I don't think I could stand to be evil (stupid, it's a game, I know...), and I even try to avoid fighting, but once someone attacks me I like to crush them horribly. I think I picked that up from martial arts...

Also, master valor is a great power for Jolee to have, as is that stasis field thing. And destroy droid.

James T

Screenwriter
For Malak, I guess, I should point out the obvious and say, use up your health packs.

The way, I did it was loaded up a strength stimulant and protoype shield before the fight. As soon as the fight started, I just used the power/critical swings. In between the match, Malak runs off. Before the cut scene takes place, you should have enough time to use Force heal or use the adv. med pack(regular won't heal enough) twice. Don't try any more, because if you use it and the cut scene is just about to take place, you just wasted that med pack/force energy.

Oh, and I changed my Jedi Master robe to some armor that protects me from lightning, which helped a bit.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Beat him up til he drains the jedi. Fight him until he runs off to another one, then saber throw at the ones still in the jars until he comes back. Repeat until no captive jedi are left and he is dead.

Oh, and I changed my Jedi Master robe to some armor that protects me from lightning, which helped a bit.
That's what force immunity is for, of course.

millercv

Second Unit
Other tips for beating Malak:
Force wave works very very well against him and if you are low on health just start running around. Eventually you will hear him lower his saber and you can run/heal/run/heal/run/heal till you are full.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
If you press start between when malak leaves the battle and before the cut screen you can use as many medpacs as you need (and save valuable advanced medpacs)
I did this as well as the tactic mentioned above to beat him, man i felt cheap and dirty, but it was the only way i had a chance

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks