What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
Daniel,
I actually found the Sith Academy to be a little too easy for me. Did you notice that your other party members were right at the door when you re-enter the academy? If you're still having trouble, then shield up, frag up and use plenty of force wave, stasis, or any force power that can contain the enemies so that you can rush out the front door.

Daniel W

Agent
Thanks James,

I did notice that my party was there, but they haven't been much help. I think I have to head for the door and then wait for the rest of my party to die, as I'm prevented from leaving without my party. Thanks for the response.

Edited to add:

Boy do I feel dumb. Upon giving it another shot, I noticed that my health was less than 50% after fighting the Sith students at the door. I called up a previous save from before entering the door, healthed up, went back in, and got through on the second shot. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was. Thanks again.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
James, I believe that door opens as part of a quest, which is why you can't break in. Did you get the quest to discover what has happened to the young Selkath? That one might be the quest that triggers the door opening. I know I did fight that dude, and my security skill sucks...

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
question guys i was a level 8 soldier when i became a jedi.....can u save the leveling and for example do the training at level 3 and therefor get more force powers?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Jarrett,

What I've heard about people doing is 'saving levels'. Where at a certain point on Taris, you stop letting your char advance levels. The little up arrow turns on, you can go and level, but you never go to the screen and click the A button. Exp keeps adding up, but you just sort of hang in there until you become a jedi. Then, after becoming a Jedi, you immediately level up 3-4 times at once. So instead of being say an 8 soldier / 1 jedi, you are a 4 soldier / 5 jedi with same amount of total exp. Doing something like this, you can end up for example as a 3 whatever / 17 jedi at end of game to get the extra force powers and jedi abilities.

Don't know if there are any problems with doing something like thi sor not, I think it's ok.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if there are any problems with doing something like thi sor not, I think it's ok.
Yeah, it causes a nasty nasty bug to surface that screws up the characters in your party... A great idea in theory, but one that has consequences thanks to a bug - the chars don't get the experience they should.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
ok need recommendations:

remakin with a scout goin darkside what skils and feats should i concentrate on? Want to be a jedi focusing on dark side powers to kill :)

James T

Screenwriter
remakin with a scout goin darkside what skils and feats should i concentrate on? Want to be a jedi focusing on dark side powers to kill
Lightning and drain are fun. I'm working on force kill(step up from force choke), so I don't know about that. Also, Force wave is not a darkside power, but it sure is fun to step into a room with a dozen droids and then tap force wave to destroy all the droids. It slows down a bit, but I just think of it as a Matrix effect

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I didn't realize you had to talk to the guy to get in there, but he's one of the selkath in the selkath gov't sector bar.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
In order to be spoiler-free, I've skipped right to the end of this thread.

I am on Manaan, and I swear to God, I am stuck. I cannot leave the Sith Base without being executed. Stupidly, I decided to go to the Sith Base first, without doing anything else.

There is a door to the Training Annex that I cannot open. Hacking into the computer system does not give me any options to unlock it. I have pretty high security skills (17+5) and cannot open it.

I know that I need something from someone in that room, yet I cannot open the door. If I leave the base, I am tried and executed.

Anyone know what I've missed? I'll have to scrap 2 hours of play if I can't figure this out. Thank God I've saved multiple places. If I hadn't I think that this would mark the first time I've legitimately been "stuck" in a game.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
Ok, so I've read some of IGN's walkthrough, and I realize it was a BAD idea to take the transport to the Sith base without seeing anything else on Manaan.

looks like I'm losing that 2 hours after all.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
chris i did the same thing and was stuck for a lil while but just use a lot of bombs and have a supply of meds handy.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I am on Manaan, and I swear to God, I am stuck. I cannot leave the Sith Base without being executed. Stupidly, I decided to go to the Sith Base first, without doing anything else
You can avoid getting executed - represent yourself for starters, and you need to argue about how good the Jedi are, how the SIth are trying to dominate Manaan etc.

It took me a few tries, but there's definitely a way out.

Guys, I need some help. I love this game, but I am about to quit playing because Im 0 for about 50 against Darth Bandon (spelling) and his two buddies. I killed his two pals and I have two of my party still alive. I keep attacking, but when he gets low he just steals all my energy. All my battle stimulants are gone. It wouldnt be a problem if he would quit taking my energy.

If anyone can help, I will be in your debt, because I dont think the controller can handle me throwing it much more before it breaks.

James T

Screenwriter
Scott, where are you facing Darth Bandon? I faced him my first go around on the Wookie planet and the second time on Mannan. My strategy changed because on the wookie planet, it's a large open field with a great distance seperating you right from the start. On Mannan, you open a door and there he is.

Anyways, the first thing you may want to do is get your party to wear some kind of mind-affecting resistance armor or headgear or something to deflect the mind controlling ability, because that's all the Bandon is really good at. If Bandon's party is clsoe by, use force wave a couple times(the two dark jedi will easily fall dead) then you can just focus on Bandon. If Bandon's party is far away, try an adhesive grenade. Even if he does use his mind affecting thing, with the adhesive, they can't touch you.

Thanks guys, Im facing him on Korribean. I dont have any adhesive granades or force immunity. Its pretty frustrating. Ill work on getting some working from an earlier save point.

P.S. I dont know why my posts are blocky like this. If someone can help me Id appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks