What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I kind of flew through this thread, but am I to believe that Juhan (I think) would have joined my party had I not killed her? Maybe that one time I shouldn't have been so eeeevil.

James T

Screenwriter
So what happens if she doesn't join you? Does it mean it's only Jolee who goes to the temple on the unknown planet with you? That kinda seems unfair for poor Jolee.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I don't know, but it's not like you really need help in the temple anyway.

I have also heard your party goes through a meltdown on that planet, so perhaps it's sometime before then.

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, all you need is force breach to destroy the captive jedi. I thought that without destroy droid I would be screwed, but I mopped up Malak on my second try with my 100% light side Scout/Sentinel.

Great game, I too am going through again full dark side this time.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Force breach? Is that the 'stop force powers from working' force power? Never took that one. Saber throw worked out well for me. The trick is to wait until he runs off and then try to get 2 or 3 at a time.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
I'm getting tired of the waves of enemies on Malak's ship. Without majorly spoiling the latter parts of the game, I think it would have helped a lot if I had another Jedi other than Jolee. But I must say that this 'very good' game became a classic when finishing up the unknown planet...

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
OK, I've gotten to the part where Malak has a bunch of droids attack you. Now I know I have to use the computers in the room, but I can't access them because I keep targeting all of the droids. Any advice on actually getting onto the computers?

James T

Screenwriter
I don't know, but it's not like you really need help in the temple anyway
Actually, I wasn't refering to that part of the temple. I was referring to the end, just trying to avoid a spoiler turning point, but since everyone seems to have passed that part...I was referring the point where you decide to side with Bastila and try to destroy Malak, leaving Jolee and Juhanni left to try and stop you. You & Bastilla vs Jolee would be an easy kill.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I stopped playing this for a good week or two, so I still have to finish 2 planets from the original 5. I have a question about HK-42. How do you go through the memory retrieval process with him? Do you need a high Computer Use?

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I'm not sure if it's a possible task, but if you were to accomplish it I would guess your skill would have to be very high. It's a question that eventually resolves itself, however. Rather soon for you I should think.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Regarding HK-47, you need a high repair skill to fix him. You can fix him up to three times, IIRC, and each time you need to raise your repair skill. I think I needed at least 14 to do the last repair job on him. It does make him a better party member, as you not only get some very funny stories about his past owners from him but he also attains some better abilities, such as higher dexterity and a slow regeneration power.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
James, as I mentioned I killed Juhani, and yes only Jolee entered the temple with me.

Had to bring the game back last night. Anyone want to spoil the darkside ending for me?

James T

Screenwriter
I'll be glad to spill the beans on the dark side ending.

At the end of the temple, as I sort of mentioned above, you meet Bastilla. The usual conversation options take place, but this is the true turning point of the dark side. She offers you a chance to side with her and take back the mantle of Dark Lord away from Malak. When you choose to side with Bastilla, Jolee and Juhanni become hostile and Jolee says something along the lines of "I'll kill you if I have to stop you". Then the fight is on. When you get back to the Ebon Hawk, the party members realize that two are gone and Bastilla's back. Bastilla tells them that you have come back as the dark lord Revan. Carth doesn't like it. Neither does Mission. Carth runs away. Mission stays because she believes you're not evil. At this point it's up to you what happens, because Big Z sides with you b/c of his life-debt. You can tell him to kill Mission[he'll finally refuse and then you have to kill both] or you can force persuade him to kill Mission[works very, very well]. After that, you board up and go to the Death Star...err, Star Forge.

The usual, make your way to Malak thing. If you passed it on the light side, the room where you killed/saved Bastilla is now occupied with 3 dark jedi. Once you finally face/defeat Malak, there's a cut scene where Bastilla annouces you as the new Dark Lord to hundreds of soldiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks