What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with force push on Malak, that's how I beat him.

Don't have enough computer spikes/adrenaline/grenades? Want a hundred or so at once?

When on the Ebon Hawk, use the droid, wookie, and bounty hunter to max out on what items you want. They'll keep making them till you have 10 or 11 in your inventory. (just keep clicking talk/text for getting items until they say they won't give you any more.) Go into the supply room and click on any of the empty containers. Switch to give mode and place all of the items you just received into it. Go back to the person you are getting items from and fill up again. Place them in the same container in the supply room. Repeat as many times as needed to get however many you want. It takes a little while to get a large amount, but its worth it.

It's nice to have 100 computer spikes available :)

Kami

Screenwriter
To beat Malak on the dark side is really, really easy:

You can use your life drain power to do the exact same thing Malak does with all the Jedi and refill your health. The first time through I tried with health packs but I ended up dying. Then I figured out I could steal the life from a Jedi before Malak does and it was a piece of cake.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Ah, but I'm a light-side Jedi, and I don't have force throw. I don't want to slay the poor buggers.

Last night, I managed to battle Malak through, gosh, eight or nine drainings. Coward.

The battles through the Star Forge are cool, though, especially when you're a lightsabre monster with all of your feats maxed out and you've got the Master Speed capability. :)

Is there any way, I wonder, for a light side Jedi to free the captive Jedi spirits?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Those of you who have finished the game, do you mind me asking at what level your character was when you did so? Did you make it all the way up to 20? Because in Neverwinter, for example, it was impossible to reach level 20 in the single-player campaign.

Reason I ask is I'm trying to figure out how many more Force powers my level 8/8 Scoundrel/Consular is going to get. I think Consulars get a bonus power at level 9, so if I can reach character level 20 in the game, that's 5 more powers I'll get. I'm trying to figure out what the best powers to take would be. Here's what I have so far:

Cure/Heal
Force Aura/Shield/Armor
Force Resistance
Stun/Stasis/Stasis Field
Force Push

I'm thinking of adding:
Force Immunity (should help in the endgame)
Force Whirlwind/Wave (only lightside offensive power)

And then maybe two levels of Speed. Jolee and Bastila both have Master Valor and Destroy Droid, so I don't need to take those. And my Persuasion is around 20 so I don't need Affect or Dominate Mind. Any other recommendations? And please don't tell me that I have to fight the final battle alone, because as you can see, my character is more of a cleric-style buffing caster than either a hardass fighter type or a wicked offensive spellcaster...

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I think my guy was level 20 before we hit the Star Forge itself; I've got Juhani and Jolee with me, and they both hit level 19 going through the Forge, I think.

millercv

Second Unit
Shayne - a lot of the force powers can "free" the jedi captives. I used Lightsaber Throw but I've heard people have even used destroy droid.

I got to level 20 w/ my character right at the end of the unknown planet.

I need to go back and play it again (first time I've ever thought about a game so much after winning it...)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Thanks, so it sounds like I'll be able to hit 20 and get the fifth force power. Sweet. I'm at level 16 now and I have yet to hit Korriban, so I think I still have time to level up before the end.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Great game! Just finished it last night. Level 20, squeaky-clean, good Jedi.

The only bad thing about great games is, when they finally come to an end. :frowning:

I've thought about going back and doing it as a Dark Jedi but, I don't feel that there will be enough of a story change to
really do it again.

Here's a question :I couldn't get Bastila to come back over to the light side so, I put a lightsabre through her brain pan. Did any of you guys get her back? If so, does she fight Malak with you? When watching the intro video, you can clearly see some point in the game where Bastila, looking nice and sweet, is on the surface of that lush, planet beneath the Star Forge. What gives?

millercv

Second Unit
Painkiller:

Re: Bastilla
I saved right before her fight and had to try every combination to get her to come back - it is just one particular combination but you have to play up the "love" aspect if memory serves me correctly.

Also after speaking w/ some friends who were playing it darkside ther were several things they have mentioned scenes/tasks that were completely different from the way I went about them (I was playing light).

James T

Screenwriter
I'm replaying the game, trying to find a bunch of quests I missed the first time around...

I'm stuck on the Manaan murder trial. I talked to the mysterious man who said to talk to people at both the republic and sith embassy. No one wants to talk to me at the republic embassy. It's just that Roland guy, but he just wants to talk about me using the sub to rescue them(possible conflict in having two running quests?). And the sith base...there's only one door that I haven't been through and it's locked. Looking through the monitor, I can see a dark jedi and someone else, but I can't get access to the room.

Damian James

Stunt Coordinator
James -

Head to the Republic Enclave. Go to the large computer in the room adjacent to the prisoner in the electronic cell. Have someone with computer skill hack in and watch the security video. This is pretty damning evidence.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
James, if you ask Roland about that quest he'll give you three options into the Sith base--interrogate a prisoner (which I did), decode a Sith passcard (which I also did for the heck of it), or go through the Sith hangar (which, once again, I did because I can't stand to leave any Sith alive :)). Once you have those three options, you can go to the computer room and the guy there will let you on the mainframe to break the passcard code. Then, when you are on the computer, you can hack into some surveillance video that has a direct bearing on the trial.

Oh, and let me just state for the record that I am the worst swoop racer in the galaxy. I beat the second tier on Tatooine, but I never came close to the third, and now I can't even beat the first tier on Manaan. I'm keeping the old swoop bike in the garage from now on. :angry:

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Oh, question for you guys--does the Leviathan sequence trigger when you are heading to your last planet, or just when you are going to Korriban? When I left Dantooie I went to Kashyyk, then Tatooine, then Manaan, and when I was headed to Korriban I got the Leviathan thing. Now I have to clear Korriban, er,

without Bastila.

If the Leviathan sequence trigger on the way to whatever planet you leave for last, then I'm thinking that the next time through I may leave a different one for last (maybe Tatooine) because Korriban may be tough for my Scoundrel, without her.

Last thing--was anyone else kind of ticked off at the first battle with Malak? I had that sucker to a fraction of health left when the cutscene triggered that said he was "too powerful" for me. What?? I could have chucked some Bantha fodder at him and killed him with the amount of health he had left, don't give me that "too powerful" crap. I get the feeling he'll be a little tougher the second time around, though. We'll see. :)

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Dave:

Bastila will not get off on Korriban if you still have her. Her portrait is shadowed in the party select screen. It seems that getting three star maps triggers the Leviathan sequence, but she will not come to Korriban even if you hadn't got the third yet, because I tried right before I hit #3 on Manaan out of curiosity.

Also, I'm the sector swoop racing champ. It's funny because people's dialogue will change, I noticed a couple people on Korriban mentioned that they saw me race. I don't know if anyone else does, because Manaan was the third planet I went to...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Okay, cool, thanks. From what James says, it sounds like it doesn't matter anyway. Good thing I...whoops, let me put this in spoilers again...

Good thing I buffed up Jolee with many of the same Force Powers that I was relying on Bastila for, i.e. destroy droid, master valor, heal, etc.

James, I'd ask you for swoop racing advice, but I know there isn't any secret trick or anything. It's like the skiing advice that Curtis Armstrong gives John Cusak in "Better Off Dead"--"Go that way, really fast, and if anything gets in your way, turn." :laugh:

James T

Screenwriter
Thanks for the tip. I got the needed info. Even though it is concrete evidence, I still get the feeling I'm missing something in the Sith base. That locked training room is really bothering me. I can see a dark jedi and someone else through the monitor, but my 17 point security droid can't even break in...grrr

Daniel W

Agent
Forgive me if this has been asked. I skimmed the previous posts, but didn't want to check too carefully for fear of spoilers. My problem is that I can't make it back through the Sith Academy after killing the headmaster and the Sith traitor (sorry, I'm not very good with names). Normally with difficult battles, trial and error has led me to the proper strategy, but I'm getting slaughtered so easily that I feel like I must be missing something. Anyone else struggle with this part. I'm playing light side, if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks