What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

James T

Screenwriter
That sounds fun. If I can bring myself to play a third time, I'll go all out evil. I really want the conversation option to force choke people.
Playing a second time and going down the same path? It's almost like it was your destiny to help the Jedi.
Although I got Force choke late in the game, I don't think you can bring it up in the conversation, but with Force Persuade, you can make people do very interesting things, including Big Z...muhahaha

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
See, you should be able to force choke anyone you want, and axe random pedestrians. Of course there would be consequences, but it's something you should be able to do. If you're EVIL wht's stopping you?

James T

Screenwriter
Jeff,

That was my favourite thing in Morrowind. One citizen didn't want to talk to me for some reason, so I killed him, the guards that tried to arrest me(or is it kill me at this point?) and everyone else in that small town. Then I proceeded to loot the homes. I forget the town's name, but it's where you get the daedric katana. Population = 1. The memories.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Haha... reminds me of Ultima VII. My favorite bit in that was to kill the teller at the mint, all the guards inside, and take all their gold bars and nuggets. Since they're the easiest way to convert your bars and nuggets into usable coin, haul the teller's body to Lord British and have her resurrected. Then everyone is happy.

I also enjoyed killing all the well meaning fellowship dupes I ran across.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I just landed on Tattooine, and now I have all these little beasties running around. Any tips on eliminating them?

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Jeff, you can buy poison from the merchant that's right at the landing site.

But I *think* you can also sell the little buggers to a guy on Manaan. I'm going to try that, this time around.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
hmm question guys i am on the sec deck of the star forge and am stcuk in a room with regenerating starforge droids i been killin them for over 25 mins what do i do to get past this and to malak?

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
Jarrett, exit out of combat mode and then use the computer terminals to disable all of the robot generator machines.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
damn well just beat it with my soldier/guardian. Malak was tough he resisted all my dark side powers(all maxed) so had to out duel him. God what a great game!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I finally beat Malak last night as well. Actually, I beat him at 3am this morning, which is doing wonders for my mental state here at work this morning, let me tell you. That was a tough, tough battle for my poor Light Side Scoundrel/Guardian. I had no offensive force powers, so I couldn't
take out his "captive Jedi" batteries"

...and I hadn't invested in Force Breach, so he was immune to all of my stun attempts. Basically it was my worst nightmare--a one-on-one battle against an insanely powerful guy that I couldn't stun. All told, it took me eight different gamesaves at various points in the battle, 23 life support packs, 4 hyper-battle stims, 3 Echani dueling shields, 2 Arkanian energy shields, the prototype Verpine shield, 13 thermal detonators, 3 adhesive grenades, 8 plasma grenades, and close to 2 hours and maybe 20 attempts to beat him. And this after my character basically waltzed through the entire rest of the game.

In a way, I'm a little annoyed that my character, who had virtually no problems with any of the other bosses, was basically screwed in the final battle because I hadn't taken a few specific force powers. Why, if I hadn't at least taken Force Immunity, I probably wouldn't have been able to beat him at all. And if I had played through 39 hours of the game with ease only to discover that I couldn't win the final battle because I hadn't taken three specific powers along the way, I would have been royally ticked.

But it's all good, Malak is no more, and the Republic is saved. And I'm raring to get home and fire it up again from the beginning, as a dark-sider this time! Great game, even if the last battle is wildly inconsistent from the rest of the game.

Leroy

Second Unit
Beat the game last night too!:emoji_thumbsup: I defeated Malak fairly easily once I realized theer were a couple of captive Jedi up the ramp. I kept wondering where he ran off to when I destroyed the ones inplain view (Destroy Droid is hella cool).

I was a female Scoundrel(Level 8)/Consular(level 12) fully light side. Using the menu pause tactic to load up on various stimpaks and health along with a healthy dose of lightsaber throws he went down for the count!

Restarted the game as a male Soldier (going for full on darkside this time). Carth has already lectured me on my bad attitude!:D

This is the first game in a looooooong time that I've enjoyed this much (Halo on the Xbox and Half Life on the PC were the others).

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
You could use destroy droid on the Jedis?!? How do you do that? I would select them and no options of destroy droid, throw lightsaber, or anyhthing would appear. So I just bit the bullet and meleed Malak down to 1/3 health 8 times in a row and then finished him off. Not elegant, but what can you expect from a soldier/guardian with 24 strength and no INT?

What a great game, I agree there should be other 'methods' to beat malak at the end (maybe a comp terminal that you can hack to kill all captive Jedis?) Give the light side scoundrel/consulars a chance...

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
**spoilers**

Anyone else think the light ending kind of sucked? When you are all standing around getting medals, Bastila isn't even there! I went to all the trouble of re-converting her at the end, we professed our love, and I don't even get to see her in some nice alloy mesh lingerie or something? Plus, we save the known galaxy and all the jedis and all we get our these stinking medals?!? Damn man, if anyone would have told me how cheap the jedi counsel and admiral ... were, I would have definitely joined Bastila in the temple just to have a *little* satisfaction. I think I need to make an evil character now and hold this hot coal of anger close while I try my hardest to annihilate these cheap a$$ republicans.

The ships bombarding the star forge was rather nice though, but I was hoping for a little more all around wrap up with the different characters and places you visited.

Leroy

Second Unit
You could use destroy droid on the Jedis?!? How do you do that? I would select them and no options of destroy droid, throw lightsaber, or anyhthing would appear. So I just bit the bullet and meleed Malak down to 1/3 health 8 times in a row and then finished him off. Not elegant, but what can you expect from a soldier/guardian with 24 strength and no INT?
Well, you have to be in combat mode while doing it. What I did was engage Malak near the tubes, then change targets. The tube would then be hilighted by a red circle(rather than a non-combat blue one) and was able to be destroyed with slashing, lightsaber throw or destroy droid (quickest).

Long distance fighting via throws and grenades is the best tactic if you don't have force powers that he can't resist. My force wave and stasis were useless.

Joe, there are supposed to be several differnt endings. I too was a little dissapointed, but then again all Luke Han and Chewie got were cheesy medals for blowing up the Death Star! :D

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Plus, we save the known galaxy and all the jedis and all we get our these stinking medals?!?
Well, it worked okay for Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill :) I've seen people complain about it but I thought the light ending was fine. It just felt like the story was at its end and there wasn't much more needed than seeing the Star Forge blow up and the the medals and cheering crowd and "we might need you for the sequel". I can't think of any loose ends that I really needed a follow-up on.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
My character was 100 percent dark at the end, only receiving 1 light side point the entire game. What annoys me is Carth I so wanted to kill him and he just runs off. I agree about Malak i took out the starforge droids and all the dark jedi before him like nothing then damn him and his running away from me recharging. Not to mention NONE of my dark side powers worked on him had to go the old fashion route and strike him down.

Probably goin to give it a few days before starting a lightsider scout/consular....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks