What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'm always disappointed by the endings of most games, notable exceptions being Half Life and Halo. It's just when you can make these pre-rendered cut scenes so very cheaply, give me a whole lot of them to provide resolution at the end. Like let me talk to every single party member one last time, learn what they plan to do next, maybe propose to Bastila or something. The way it played out, I could have killed Bastila, saved her, whatever and as far as the end game goes it would have been the same. Line up, get your medal, thanks for the saving, uh bye-bye...

I like to know that most all of the choices in the game I made had an effect, a real effect, on the world and characters around me. I want to know if Zaalbar is going to go back to Kashyyk now, I want to see Yuthura with the jedis at the end working towards the light side. You can't have it all obviously, but give me some of it.

I'm too nice a guy. Next time it's force chokes all around and a whole lot of spiffy gear I had to pass on this time around. I'll show you where to put that medal republic ingrates...

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Sounds like everyone here has finished the game, so I won't worry about spoiling it anymore. Leroy, I played the exact same character (female, 8 Scoundrel/12 consular, fully light side), and without throw lightsaber, destroy droid, or force breach, it was a nightmare of a battle. If I had to do it over again (and if anyone is thinking of going this route), I would have definitely taken destroy droid and force breach. That would have taken out the jedi coppertops, and hopefully breach would have stripped Malak of his immunity and allowed me to stun him and then sneak attack him into the ground. Those two powers would have made all the difference. I just found it aggravating that there was no way to KNOW that until it was too late to do anything about it. I did give destroy droid powers to Jolee and Bastila, and force breach to Juhani (as well as Master Valor to everyone but me), but a fat lot of good they did with those knuckleheads locked in stasis the whole time.

As far as what I would have given up to get those powers, actually I think it would have been cure and heal. True, I used those powers more than any other during the game, but I could have just as easily given them to my party members. In the final battle they didn't do any good anyway. I tried in the beginning...Malak would hit me for 58 points, I'd heal 30, he'd hit me again for 45, heal another 30, and soon I'm either dead or out of force points. I ended up just pumping up on life support packs. 60 points instant heal with no force cost. Sweet!

See, hindsight is indeed 20/20...which is one of the reasons why I'm so anxious to start over again...and this time as a darksider so I can tell Carth to shut the f* up with all that whining about trust!! :)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
And if I had played through 39 hours of the game with ease only to discover that I couldn't win the final battle because I hadn't taken three specific powers along the way, I would have been royally ticked.
Well, you know for a fact that you're going to be going up against this guy for most of the game. You know he's a powerful Dark Jedi. Therefore, you know that you should take powers that specifically defend against the Force, and disrupt his ability to use it.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
True, Shane, but I didn't know I would be fighting him alone (or I wouldn't have given most of my buffing spells to party members), and I didn't know I would need an offensive force power to drain his coppertop Jedis. Without those spells, the final battle was way harder than it had to be, and if I hadn't thought to at least take Force Immunity (which I never used during the entire rest of the game, but which I thought might be useful against him) I may not have been able to beat him at all.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Well, I played through as a complete Dark Jedi and I didn't have much problem with Malak. As soon as I seen him recover once with those Jedi and I saw that I could destroy them, he was only able to recover 1 other time. I beat him using mostly Master Fury with my dual lightsabres. :)

All I know was that tmy ending was very satisfying.....spoilers.......ahead.........

Bastila announcing me as the Dark Lord of the Sith and everyone bowing down before me. :D

Oh another thing, my favorite part of the game is when I chose to follow my destiny and rule once again as a Dark Lord and the 2 Jedi in my party tried stopping me. After slaying them, the music cue just went into this sad tragic piece that fit so well with the choice I made. Then I went to slaughter Mission and Big Z. Too bad that pussy Carth ran off before I could strike his whiny bitch ass down. ;)

-Dean-

Frederick

Second Unit
So is it better to use two lightsabers than the double-bladed lightsaber? I was thinking about that as I was destroying all the Sith in the acadamy last night. I love my purple double-blade, but if I'm going to have an advantage later using two lightsabers then I'm switching ...

Freddy C.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Actually I was reading in the gamefaqs forums where supposedly there is a bug and the double-bladed saber doesn't have the two-handed penalties that two sabers have. So if you use the double, you don't have to spend three feats on "Two Weapon Fighting". Don't know how true that is, but if it is and you don't mind exploiting a bug, then the double has an advantage over two singles.

I used two singles because it gave me the chance to socket four crystals (plus I had a few other sabers socketed with other crystals for specific tasks, like a "droid killer saber" and a "critical hit saber"). Seemed to work out pretty well, but then I didn't know about the aforementioned bug...

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Dave,

For all of the Jedi boss fights (Juhani, Malak) your guys get Force-Frozen.

That having been said, I found the final fight, as a light-side jedi with almost all Force powers being defense/self oriented, more based on blind luck than on skill.

And I also think the double-lightsabre should have four sockets; two for each blade. Maybe each socket gets 'doubled' and the two blades are counted separately...dunno.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
That's true, Shane, I had forgotten about the Juhani fight. I probably should have expected a one-on-one battle like that Juhani battle, rather than the party-on-party battle of, say, Calo Nord, or the One. Call it blind optimism on my part that I was hoping I'd have my Valor-slinging, droid-killing, force-breaching, lightning and kill-casting comrades-in-arms with me for the final fight. :)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Yeah, I had that problem too.

That having been said, the Darth Bandon fight you have your party, but then, so does he.

I like how it's so much *easier* to be Evil than to be Good; I think I was on the fourth star map planet, or even the unamed one, before I maxed out my Light Side points; I'm on the first star map planet and I've already maxed out my Dark Side points. Of course, it helps that you can just wander into, say, the Cantina and start hassling strangers...

Frederick

Second Unit
Well, I beat the game. My Jedi Soldier was 100% Light. I don't remember getting any Darkside points. I really didn't use my Force powers against him, I figured it would be useless. Well, I did throw my lightsaber a few times when he was coming back from recharging.

I equipped some armor, Cardo's or somebodys, and made sure I had plenty of Adv. Med packs and Life Support packs. The first time I tried to go toe-to-toe with him. Bad idea. Especially in a Jedi Robe. I didn't last a minute going that route. So the second time I figured I'd just equip my armor, and toy with him a bit. And it worked! I'd fight him, and when my energy got low, I ran in circles with him chasing me :D. He would throw lightning and throw his lightsaber every now and then, but eventually my lightsaber and his lightsaber would de-activate. Then I'd pause, set a Power Attack, and attack him some more. Everytime he went to recharge, I'd recharge, and on his way back he'd meet my lightsaber flying towards him. I was shocked when he hit the floor. I really didn't expect to beat him on the second try.

I did manage to save Bastila. I was sure I'd have to take her out. But love conquers all, I guess. I was sad to see it end. I really enjoyed this game. I may go back and play the Dark Side, but not for a while. I got so many other games I need to finish first. Anybody know what kind of downloadable content they're thinking about doing?

Freddy C.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
My buddy said he got Darth Bandon to actually join his party? I didn't here of anyone doing this so i was surprised. Anyone else?

James T

Screenwriter
Sounds like your buddy is yanking your chain.
Yup. I fought Bandon after I finished Tatooine. I finished Tatooine without the robot, so I basically had an extra slot. If I also remember correctly, when you meet up with Bandon, you get your usual 3 options, but either way, he'll respond the same way and the end result is the same.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is there something that governs how fast/slow your force meter recharges? Juhani seems to run out of force powers really fast, and then she doesn't get any until the fighting is done for a bit.

-Dave

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Juhani is a Jedi Guardian, the Jedi class that's least powerful with the Force since their main thing is chopping stuff with the lightsaber. I believe the Wisdom attribute also determines how quicky and how many Force points you get (or maybe it's one of the other attributes).

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I agree 100% with your assessment of the final battle. My character is very similar to yours, and I'm stuck on the final battle. I've tried 10 times so far (maybe more), but without offensive powers, I've been screwed so far.

I'll give it another shot tonight, but I might just quit. It just isn't fun running in circles for 20 minutes and then dieing. :P

-Dave

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
my jedi guardian with a few stims eats malak alive so fast not even funny. However on my sec run with my jedi consular wow the game so much harder so far my party seems so weak.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Dave F, best advice I can give you is to use those grenades. Thermal detonators are best, but if you have any sticky grendades, those work well too. Chuck one of those to hold him in place, then lob plasmas until he starts to get free and throw another sticky to freeze him again. I wouldn't have been able to beat him without my explosive friends. Do you have Force breach, destroy droid, or lightsaber throw? Those should help. Of course, like I mentioned, I gave all those powers to my teammates...

Jarrett, what is your base character for your consular? Mine was a Scoundrel, and most of the game was a cakewalk once he became a consular because of the combo of stasis field and sneak attack. If your consular is also a Scoundrel, I can't recommend the stun tree enough. If you started as something else, though, then it won't be nearly as effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks