What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (2 Viewers)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
The Sword in the Stone is already widely available on Blu-ray and has never been a part of the Platinum/Diamond/Signature Collection line.

Fantasia was announced as being added to the Platinum Edition lineup when they expanded it from 10 titles to 14, but its Blu-ray 2-pack with Fantasia 2000 did not end up bearing any edition designation whatsoever. Having been taken out of print in 2011, it is overdue for a re-release, but as we have discussed previously in this thread, it's possible that the James Levine issue on Fantasia 2000 is holding that up.

Yes, but Sword's blu debut was a disaster because the picture quality was most likely the worse ever of all time. When I heard about this new collection I was very hopeful that Sword would be given a new edition as I was under the assumption that the Signature Collection were going to be the films that Disney himself were apart of.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
The preorder is already available at the Disney Movie Club. I suppose it’s possible it will be a club exclusive.

No, it's been listed a full Signature Edition already and not as an exclusive. I suspect more information is coming out soon and with the next FT cycle starting on the 23rd, it's expected that more information will be coming in the next couple weeks (4-6 weeks prerelease would fit the normal Disney pattern). I think the expectations are an early June Release since 1st Tues of June seems to be a big deal.

This fall I think the bets are for Aladdin to be the next Signature to pair with the Home release of Aladdin (2019).

Best projections with Maleficent 2 coming around Christmas then Sleeping Beauty will be the Jan/Feb Signature which will likely be touted as the 60th Anniversary Edition.

After that it's harder to see, but Jungle Book Signature Summer 2020 and 101 Dalmatians Signature in the fall right before Cruella hits the theater will finish the Signature Line. i think someone with Disney has stated that those are still in line to get a full Signature release despite these temporary Exclusives that are due to be pulled Sept 30. It may not happen that way and it's certain possible they could rearrange the order, but for now it at least has some logic.

Of course Fantasia Christmas 2020/80th Anniversary is still something to consider. 1991 LD, 2000DVD, 2010 BD, 2020BD/?UHD

That would end the 14 Title Vault cycle even if Fantasia has never gotten a Named Edition like the other 13

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was under the assumption that the Signature Collection were going to be the films that Disney himself were apart of.

No, that assumption is incorrect. Sorry. The "Walt Disney Signature Collection" is just the new name for the same cycle of films that have already been released on DVD as the Platinum Editions and previously on Blu-ray as the Diamond Editions. Once those names ran their course, Disney couldn't think of another metal so just decided to go with Signature instead.

They are the same 13 or 14 titles that are Disney's biggest sellers. Walt simply being a part of the film does not qualify it to be in the Signature lineup. Also, the Signature Collection has included films that were made after Walt's death, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid. Aladdin is in the cycle as well and will probably follow this fall when the remake arrives on disc.

It is highly unlikely that The Sword in the Stone will be given a new edition until such time as Disney is releasing deeper catalog titles in UHD, which they're currently only doing for their high-profile titles. Whatever your opinion is of the transfer on the Blu-ray, Disney does not appear to believe it is in need of correction.

Best projections with Maleficent 2 coming around Christmas then Sleeping Beauty will be the Jan/Feb Signature which will likely be touted as the 60th Anniversary Edition.

Maleficent is an October 18 theatrical release, so if it were to come out on disc by December, that would be awfully quick. I think it's more likely that it will street in early 2020, and you're right to expect Sleeping Beauty will come out the same time as it does.

Cruella doesn't have an announced release date yet, but I do think they're filming this year, so you're probably right in suspecting that 101 will come out in proximity to it. I do hope they'll finally put out Blu-rays of the Glenn Close ones at the same time as well.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
No, it's been listed a full Signature Edition already and not as an exclusive. I suspect more information is coming out soon and with the next FT cycle starting on the 23rd, it's expected that more information will be coming in the next couple weeks (4-6 weeks prerelease would fit the normal Disney pattern). I think the expectations are an early June Release since 1st Tues of June seems to be a big deal.

This fall I think the bets are for Aladdin to be the next Signature to pair with the Home release of Aladdin (2019).

After that it's harder to see, but Jungle Book Signature Summer 2020 and 101 Dalmatians Signature in the fall right before Cruella hits the theater will finish the Signature Line. i think someone with Disney has stated that those are still in line to get a full Signature release despite these temporary Exclusives that are due to be pulled Sept 30. It may not happen that way and it's certain possible they could rearrange the order, but for now it at least has some logic.

Of course Fantasia Christmas 2020/80th Anniversary is still something to consider. 1991 LD, 2000DVD, 2010 BD, 2020BD/?UHD

That would end the 14 Title Vault cycle even if Fantasia has never gotten a Named Edition like the other 13

Aladdin makes sense as studios love to re-release an original when it's remake comes out. Disney loves it's anniversary editions so Sleeping Beauty 60th in Nov/Dec makes a lot of sense. As for everything else after that, going by the current pattern Jungle Book and 101 would be the final two releases in this collection, unless Fantasia were to be included, but as much as it is a classic it's not cash cow in their greedy little eyes.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Fantasia is absolutely one of their 14 best-selling titles; they said so when they announced the Platinum Edition expansion from 10 to 14 titles. However, they seem reluctant to release Fantasia on its own anymore without Fantasia 2000. As has been discussed previously, the involvement of James Levine as the conductor and on-screen host of Fantasia 2000 might be holding things up for Disney in light of the serious allegations against him.

We'll see in November whether Fantasia 2000 appears on Disney+ or not -- and if it does, whether Levine's on-camera appearances have been edited out or not. If Disney is okay putting that on streaming, then they would also be okay putting it back out on disc and they're just keeping it out of print for now. If it's not there and all the other animated classics are, or if it is there but has been heavily edited, that will be implicit confirmation that the Levine issue is a problem for them with regard to releasing it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
If they end up dropping physical media, it will bite them in ass hard and it could then lead to their downfall.

I really don’t think it would.

Let’s say, just for conversation’s sake, that Disney exited physical media in 2020. They might take a short term hit from some areas, but physical home video is by no means Disney’s most important source of revenue. The entire industry is moving away, slowly, from physical media in large part because the mass audience is no longer interested in purchasing and holding on to a physical object to enjoy entertainment. It’s happened with the music business and CDs, and it’s happening with movies and discs too. Industrywide, a new study has revealed that physical media sales have plummeted 50% from five years ago. A drop like that isn’t because studios are “forcing” digital on people; it’s happening because the average consumer doesn’t see a need to buy and store a shiny disc when a simple button push on the remote control gets them the same content at lower prices.

The genie is out of the bottle and he’s not going back in. By and large, the customer base of ordinary/average customers that make up the majority of revenue have already moved on and are happy in the new digital future.

I have to imagine that if you’re a parent or someone in charge of purchasing entertainment for the family, the idea of spending about the cost of three discs and getting a virtually unlimited supply of content for the year is an attractive offer.

To be clear, I love the DMC Exclusives line and I do hope that more of my “wish list” titles make it out on disc before all of that winds down. But make no mistake: discs aren’t going away because the mean old studios want to punish us. Discs are going away because the non-enthusiast sector which makes up the bulk of the customers has already lost interest in discs.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I really don’t think it would.

Let’s say, just for conversation’s sake, that Disney exited physical media in 2020. They might take a short term hit from some areas, but physical home video is by no means Disney’s most important source of revenue. The entire industry is moving away, slowly, from physical media in large part because the mass audience is no longer interested in purchasing and holding on to a physical object to enjoy entertainment. It’s happened with the music business and CDs, and it’s happening with movies and discs too. Industrywide, a new study has revealed that physical media sales have plummeted 50% from five years ago. A drop like that isn’t because studios are “forcing” digital on people; it’s happening because the average consumer doesn’t see a need to buy and store a shiny disc when a simple button push on the remote control gets them the same content at lower prices.

The genie is out of the bottle and he’s not going back in. By and large, the customer base of ordinary/average customers that make up the majority of revenue have already moved on and are happy in the new digital future.

I have to imagine that if you’re a parent or someone in charge of purchasing entertainment for the family, the idea of spending about the cost of three discs and getting a virtually unlimited supply of content for the year is an attractive offer.

To be clear, I love the DMC Exclusives line and I do hope that more of my “wish list” titles make it out on disc before all of that winds down. But make no mistake: discs aren’t going away because the mean old studios want to punish us. Discs are going away because the non-enthusiast sector which makes up the bulk of the customers has already lost interest in discs.

That is until the streaming services crash and then everyone will panic and have no idea how to handle it. While the rest of us who still have the physical copy can pop it in our players and we're good to go.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Why would the streaming services crash?

I totally understand, respect and appreciate that physical is your passion. It’s mine too. But that doesn’t change that digital isn’t going away. The services become more reliable and offer better quality with each passing year. If the Disney+ service experiences some server overloads because of a huge amount of demand for its content, and I’m doubtful that would be most users’ experience, they’ll simply add more capacity to handle more people logged on at once. Disney is playing the long game with Disney+. They’re building something to last for the long haul.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why would the streaming services crash?

I totally understand, respect and appreciate that physical is your passion. It’s mine too. But that doesn’t change that digital isn’t going away. The services become more reliable and offer better quality with each passing year. If the Disney+ service experiences some server overloads because of a huge amount of demand for its content, and I’m doubtful that would be most users’ experience, they’ll simply add more capacity to handle more people logged on at once. Disney is playing the long game with Disney+. They’re building something to last for the long haul.

Everything crashes eventually, since streaming works by the internet and when that goes down, those that rely on this format will be SOL

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That is until the streaming services crash and then everyone will panic and have no idea how to handle it.

You're moving the goal posts here. You initially said it would lead to Disney's downfall if they abandon physical media. Josh pointed out why it would not.

Even if the streaming services were to crash, for the sake of argument, Disney and the industry at large would adapt. Under Josh's imaginary scenario, if Disney were to abandon physical media in 2020, and that intersected with your imaginary scenario of the services crashing, Disney could simply resume physical media releases.

Disney as a company is not going to go anywhere. Disney+ is going to be a major part of their business model going forward, but it is not the only thing the company has going for itself. They have theatrical releases. They have toys. They have theme parks. They have books and music and Broadway shows. They are not dependent upon revenue from any one single thing.

Netflix, on the other hand, really doesn't have a supplemental business model to their streaming service, and once every studio has their own and Netflix isn't getting licensed content anymore, they might be in trouble. But that's for another thread.

Disney is well-positioned to move into the future, with regard to Disney+ and other revenue streams besides that.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
You're moving the goal posts here. You initially said it would lead to Disney's downfall if they abandon physical media. Josh pointed out why it would not.

Even if the streaming services were to crash, for the sake of argument, Disney and the industry at large would adapt. Under Josh's imaginary scenario, if Disney were to abandon physical media in 2020, and that intersected with your imaginary scenario of the services crashing, Disney could simply resume physical media releases.

Disney as a company is not going to go anywhere. Disney+ is going to be a major part of their business model going forward, but it is not the only thing the company has going for itself. They have theatrical releases. They have toys. They have theme parks. They have books and music and Broadway shows. They are not dependent upon revenue from any one single thing.

Netflix, on the other hand, really doesn't have a supplemental business model to their streaming service, and once every studio has their own and Netflix isn't getting licensed content anymore, they might be in trouble. But that's for another thread.

Disney is well-positioned to move into the future, with regard to Disney+ and other revenue streams besides that.

I said could, not would.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m sorry but if your position is that streaming will never work because the internet will one day crash and disappear, I don’t know what else there’s left to discuss.

There are tons of reasons discs might not be viable long term, but those are rarely part of this kind of discussion. The internet is basically a utility at this point. Utilities work more often than not. Occasionally, someone at home might lose internet access temporarily for reasons out of their control. That doesn’t make the internet or streaming any less valid or useful. Sometimes I lose power at my house, and when that happens, I can’t watch a disc. That doesn’t mean that discs are useless.

The bottom line is that there is no single method of content deliver that’s infallible. Film prints fade, VHS tape can tear, the glue holding discs together can rot, an internet service can hiccup. But with that said, again, the general audience of average consumers that make up the bulk of the industry’s revenue has lost interest in purchasing and collecting a physical object as a means of watching a movie.

In every area for media consumption, audiences are voting with their dollars, and by and large, they’re choosing subscription options with vast arrays of content over purchasing individual physical objects one at a time to revisit over and over. Subscription services have all but killed individual album music sales, are killing individual movie sales, have killed TV on DVD sales and are poised to do the same with books. For most people, the Disney+ proposition of spending $7 a month to access over 500 movies and 3000 television episodes (which is what Disney+ will be launching with) just makes more sense to them than spending $25 for one disc with one movie on it.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Maleficent is an October 18 theatrical release, so if it were to come out on disc by December, that would be awfully quick. I think it's more likely that it will street in early 2020, and you're right to expect Sleeping Beauty will come out the same time as it does.

Cruella doesn't have an announced release date yet, but I do think they're filming this year, so you're probably right in suspecting that 101 will come out in proximity to it. I do hope they'll finally put out Blu-rays of the Glenn Close ones at the same time as well.

Sorry -- I got my dates mixed but the general idea right witn Maleficent 2. Oct. Theatrical (instead of Christmas), but I was thinking more of a Home Video next years Jan/Feb release paired with Sleeping Beauty Signature.

Last Fall the thinking was they was Aladdin Signature this summer paired with the opening of Aladdin (2019) and SB in Sept/Oct with the theatrical of Maleficent (and as the 60th Anniversary), then Cinderella later. With them slotting Cinderella this summer, it seems most logical that they push the others back a cycle, but paired with the Home Video releases of the related movies.

There was a lot of discussion related to some Disney insiders statement that Fantasia might be a Christmas 2017 release and a lesser chance of 2018, but when both those fell through I think most people figured Christmas 2020 just makes too much sense. The Fantasia DVD release front-ended the beginning of the Platinum Line so back-ending the end of Signature Line would make my Perfect Circle of Life

Cruella doesn't have a definite theatrical release, but the expected releases have been listed somewhere around Summer 2020 or Oct/November so it would be easy to pair a 101 Dalmatians with either the Home Release or the Theatrical opening of Cruella. 3-4 months ago I was hearing more late Fall 2020, the last month or two and now with filming underway I seeing more Summer 2020 being touted.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I’m sorry but if your position is that streaming will never work because the internet will one day crash and disappear, I don’t know what else there’s left to discuss.

There are tons of reasons discs might not be viable long term, but those are rarely part of this kind of discussion. The internet is basically a utility at this point. Utilities work more often than not. Occasionally, someone at home might lose internet access temporarily for reasons out of their control. That doesn’t make the internet or streaming any less valid or useful. Sometimes I lose power at my house, and when that happens, I can’t watch a disc. That doesn’t mean that discs are useless.

The bottom line is that there is no single method of content deliver that’s infallible. Film prints fade, VHS tape can tear, the glue holding discs together can rot, an internet service can hiccup. But with that said, again, the general audience of average consumers that make up the bulk of the industry’s revenue has lost interest in purchasing and collecting a physical object as a means of watching a movie.

In every area for media consumption, audiences are voting with their dollars, and by and large, they’re choosing subscription options with vast arrays of content over purchasing individual physical objects one at a time to revisit over and over. Subscription services have all but killed individual album music sales, are killing individual movie sales, have killed TV on DVD sales and are poised to do the same with books. For most people, the Disney+ proposition of spending $7 a month to access over 500 movies and 3000 television episodes (which is what Disney+ will be launching with) just makes more sense to them than spending $25 for one disc with one movie on it.

Not everyone can afford these types of subscription based streaming services though.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Not everyone can afford these types of subscription based streaming services though.

You keep moving the goal posts.

Disney+ is the most affordably priced premium subscription service to ever be offered to a mass audience. It’s $7 a month or $70 for the year. Users can sign up for month to month service and cancel at any time, or they can sign up for a full year and save $14 over the regular monthly cost.

A brand new disc of a Disney film costs around $25.

A single ticket to see a new Disney film in theaters can run from $10 to over $25, depending on where you live. A yearly subscription to Disney+ will cost most families less than a single night at the movies would cost them. How mind blowing is that? The cost of taking your family to see Dumbo in theaters once will pay for an entire year of Disney+.

$25 for one copy of one movie vs $7 a month for unlimited access to over 500 movies and over 3000 television episodes.

Obviously, we all have our own priorities for how we want to spend our money. But Disney+ is clearly being priced at a level far below that of a luxury product. It’s meant to be an affordable price that most people can pay. And frankly, the people who can’t afford to spend $7 for Disney+ already can’t afford to spend $25 for a single disc.

That this product has no appeal to you personally doesn’t change the fact that it will be enormously appealing to a huge number of consumers.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
You keep moving the goal posts.

Disney+ is the most affordably priced premium subscription service to ever be offered to a mass audience. It’s $7 a month or $70 for the year. Users can sign up for month to month service and cancel at any time, or they can sign up for a full year and save $14 over the regular monthly cost.

A brand new disc of a Disney film costs around $25.

A single ticket to see a new Disney film in theaters can run from $10 to over $25, depending on where you live.

$25 for one copy of one movie vs $7 a month for unlimited access to over 500 movies and over 3000 television episodes.

Obviously, we all have our own priorities for how we want to spend our money. But Disney+ is clearly being priced at a level far below that of a luxury product. It’s meant to be an affordable price that most people can pay. And frankly, the people who can’t afford to spend $7 for Disney+ already can’t afford to spend $25 for a single disc.

That this product has no appeal to you personally doesn’t change the fact that it will be enormously appealing to a huge number of consumers.

I haven't bought a Disney DVD or Blu-ray in quite awhile now nor have I seen a Disney film in the theater since Finding Nemo back in 2003. Disney films just aren't what they use to be so there no interest to me these days.

If you haven't caught on by now I don't have much regard for Disney. They've been in the dog house for 6 years now.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
You really should work for a professional football team because I’ve never seen someone so adept at moving goal posts.

Over the course of an hour or so, we’ve gone from “streaming won’t work because one day the internet will crash” to “streaming services aren’t affordable” to “Disney stuff is all crap anyway”.

I understand that this is a product that holds no interest to you. That much is abundantly clear. But what’s also clear is that you’re not the target audience for this product. The audience that this is being marketed to is gonna love it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Last Fall the thinking was they was Aladdin Signature this summer paired with the opening of Aladdin (2019) and SB in Sept/Oct with the theatrical of Maleficent (and as the 60th Anniversary), then Cinderella later.

Well, last fall Maleficent was set for theatrical release in May 2020. It was only recently, sometime in March I think, that Disney decided to put it in October of this year.

As far as Aladdin is concerned, I suspect that -- given the fact that Robin Williams' performance dominates the discussion of the original film -- they might not want to have that in circulation while the remake is in theaters. That makes it harder for people who don't already own the film to compare the two and lets Will Smith have a (somewhat) clearer runway for himself to do whatever he's going to do with the part. If the two Aladdin films arrive on disc simultaneously, then the theatrical release of the new one will already have happened without people being able to look over Smith's shoulder and see the Williams interpretation, if that makes sense.

There was a lot of discussion related to some Disney insiders statement that Fantasia might be a Christmas 2017 release and a lesser chance of 2018, but when both those fell through I think most people figured Christmas 2020 just makes too much sense. The Fantasia DVD release front-ended the beginning of the Platinum Line so back-ending the end of Signature Line would make my Perfect Circle of Life .

I really don't think that anyone at Disney is deliberately holding back Fantasia just so that its release year can match the decade mark. It's more likely that they feel as though the other titles will sell more, and therefore put it near the back of the line. Or, as I said, they could have problems with James Levine on Fantasia 2000.

Cruella doesn't have a definite theatrical release, but the expected releases have been listed somewhere around Summer 2020 or Oct/November so it would be easy to pair a 101 Dalmatians with either the Home Release or the Theatrical opening of Cruella. 3-4 months ago I was hearing more late Fall 2020, the last month or two and now with filming underway I seeing more Summer 2020 being touted.

I think this will all be clarified this summer at D23.

Disney currently has Untitled Disney Live-Action releases on February 14, October 9 and December 23, 2020. The "Disney" live-action brand also has Jungle Cruise is in the summer on July 24. Marvel has a release in May and Pixar has a release in June. So I sort of doubt that Cruella will end up in the summer, especially if Disney discovers (as I think they will) that they stacked too many big titles in summer 2019. It seems likely to me that one of the currently untitled live-action releases is reserved for Cruella, and they probably know which one it is and are just waiting to make the announcement.

But there's also the issue of Disney having absorbed Fox's slate, so they're going to have to adjust and move things around to avoid conflicts. Whether that means moving their title or Fox's title likely depends on what the movies are and how much they expect each of them to impact the other one. (Example: Fox currently has Avatar 2 dated for December 18, 2020. Disney probably wouldn't want to put Cruella on the 23rd if they're also releasing Avatar on the 18th, and in that particular case Avatar is probably the bigger brand, so I suspect it would stay.) The Disney scheduling people who get paid the big money to figure out the best time to release movies will sort all of this out, and by the end of the summer we'll have a much clearer picture of Disney's 2020 slate than we do right now.

As Josh noted, Disney+ is extremely affordable and will offer an extraordinary amount of content for the money. People who can't afford $6.99 a month for the streaming service probably also can't afford to spend $22.99 on each new Disney Blu-ray release, and that's about what they average on release week for major titles now. So I don't think there will be that many people who can't afford the streaming service but can afford the discs. That's just not realistic in terms of the pricing structure Disney is using.

If you haven't caught on by now I don't have much regard for Disney.

1) If you don't have much regard for Disney, then why are you so interested in this particular thread about all things Disney? You seem to be spending an awful lot of time and energy debating something that you admit is of no interest to you.

2) Your personal opinion on Disney has no bearing whatsoever on the success of their films or their streaming service. They don't need your money; they'll get plenty of it from other people.

I don't hold Illumination Entertainment in high regard. The movies I've seen of theirs have been, to me, bland and uninteresting. But I can admit that they routinely deliver enormous successes that their target audience seems to love. I'm not going to see The Secret Life of Pets 2 when it opens in June, but I'm also not going around making proclamations that it will bomb. On the contrary, I expect it to be extremely successful. I think you are allowing your personal distate for Disney to influence your view of their financial health, and that is simply erroneous.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
darkrock17 said: ↑

As Josh noted, Disney+ is extremely affordable and will offer an extraordinary amount of content for the money. People who can't afford $6.99 a month for the streaming service probably also can't afford to spend $22.99 on each new Disney Blu-ray release, and that's about what they average on release week for major titles now. So I don't think there will be that many people who can't afford the streaming service but can afford the discs. That's just not realistic in terms of the pricing structure Disney is using.

They can't afford these services when they have no job.

darkrock17 said:
I haven't bought a Disney DVD or Blu-ray in quite awhile now nor have I seen a Disney film in the theater since Finding Nemo back in 2003. Disney films just aren't what they use to be so there no interest to me these days.

If you haven't caught on by now I don't have much regard for Disney. They've been in the dog house for 6 years now.

1) If you don't have much regard for Disney, then why are you so interested in this particular thread about all things Disney? You seem to be spending an awful lot of time and energy debating something that you admit is of no interest to you.

2) Your personal opinion on Disney has no bearing whatsoever on the success of their films or their streaming service. They don't need your money; they'll get plenty of it from other people.

I don't hold Illumination Entertainment in high regard. The movies I've seen of theirs have been, to me, bland and uninteresting. But I can admit that they routinely deliver enormous successes that their target audiences seem to love. I'm not going to see The Secret Life of Pets 2 when it opens in June, but I'm not going around making proclamations that it will bomb. On the contrary, I expect it to be extremely successful. I think you are allowing your personal distate for Disney to influence your view of their financial health, and that is simply erroneous.

My regard for this company has slowly diminished over time by what it has become, it's not the warm loving studio it once was, it's a cold heartless monopoly. Disney hasn't gotten a single cent from me in quite awhile now and not likely to get another anytime soon.

As I've said many times before Disney is the probably the worse in how it has handle and treat their library, that is why I was against the 20th Fox merger, because I could see what would happen to that studios library as well while everyone was raving on about X-Men joining the MCU, which by the way isn't going to be happening anytime soon.

Disney in the course of 2 years back in 2013 and 2014 is what broke the camels back for me with how they did The Sword In The Stone, Bedknobs And Broomsticks, The Rescuers, and their favorite live action cash cow Mary Poppins as well. Then in 2017 they pissed me off even further by closing The Great Movie Ride at Disney MGM Studios (I refuse to call it Hollywood Studios).

So my opinion about them does matter, as I'm not the only person who feels this way about them, a few others on here don't have the nicest things to say about the mouse.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks