What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I haven't either. But I'm keeping a firm grip on my Disney card... :D

Ya know, if I was home, I have my official, honest-to-goodness D23 card. It would have been a great thing to show here as my "Disney card." Alas, I won't be home for a long while.

Besides, with the amount of money Disney gets from me in every way...yeah.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It kills me that the "exclusive" NBC is seemingly just the addition of extra subtitles during the songs so they can charge more for a film that has been available for years. So stupid.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Here are newest items posted on the DMR website. Might have to check one or two of these out. But they certainly aren't "exclusives," unfortunately.

[A.

Sort of - those versions of Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas are DMC Exclusive for being the only BD+DVD+DIGITAL versions available. OTOH, when you can new version for $10 at any normal retail they aren't very good exclusives.

The other 4 are just the normal advertisements for upcoming items. It looks like they're skipping September for any new Yellow Border exclusives though. Normally at least by the Friday before they'd put up the thumbnails if they were going to release new items the next cycle (9/11)

It kills me that the "exclusive" NBC is seemingly just the addition of extra subtitles during the songs so they can charge more for a film that has been available for years. So stupid.

It's not like they're charging that more for it though and they are adding a Digital Copy which is very valuable to some people (the non-DMC versions drop the DVD) which was not in the 2D versions in the past. I suspect they'll finally let the old versions (original release and 20th Anniversary) finally go OOP

The retail TNBC Sing along has been $10 which is pretty much what the other version sell for at most stores. The BBY Steel was 12.99, Walmart Exclusive was 9.96, Target Exclusive Packaging was similar. Can't see what price the DMC Exclusive is yet, but I doubt it'll be more than the current version.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I feel dirty enough for this one, but please keep to a minimum "But how could they, with xxxxxxxxxxxx [insert movie name of choice that's been mentioned 100x already] " -- my sadness is already maxed out and a Cat 4 is headed to the coast. Hopefully in a couple of days an extra title or two will show up.

Just insert a post number with no further comment if you must.

NEW DMC MOVIE EXCLUSIVE showing up on DMR preview site, Best guess for release will be OCT 9 (possiby 23) -- a Christmas Classic

Jonathan Taylor Thomas is 1998 Disney's "I'LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS"

800illbehomeforchristmas2018dmcreleasebdecommerce800x1536686465370.jpg

"A college student faces an impossible journey when he is left stranded in the desert, thousands of miles from home, with no money and only a few days left until Christmas. "

" A college student experiences difficulty in getting home for Christmas after being hazed by his friends. While struggling to get home in time for Christmas, he learns quite a bit about himself and the true meaning of the holiday"

Also featuring Jessica Biel and Gary Cole
With a Budget of $30M and a Domestic Box Office of $12.3M, this smash Disney Holiday feel good movie comes to Blu-ray for the first time. With an Imdb score of 5.4 and Rotten Tomatoes a stellar 23%, not since Monkeys Go Home has Disney reached into it's bag of forgotten classics to present up with an encore presentation ------ Oh forget it.

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
September actually surprise Exclusive release. The first DVD exclusive in 3 years and a title that many have been begging for since Vol 1-3 and DuckTales: The Movie- Treasure of the Lost Lamp were released in 2005-2007 and re-released in 2013-2014 .

DuckTales Volume 4 Anniversary Edition -- the last 25 unreleased episodes from S3 and S4 of the original series. Available now for $24.95

1510350.png

chrislong2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
With a Budget of $30 and a Domestic Box Office of $12.3, this smash Disney Holiday feel good movie comes to Blu-ray for the first time. With an Imdb score of 5.4 and Rotten Tomatoes a stellar 23%, not since Monkeys Go Home has Disney reached into it's bag of forgotten classics to present up with an encore presentation ------ Oh forget it.

That's funny!! And sad of course. lol I actually kind of like that Disney's put out a few that NOBODY would have expected like Monkeys, Noah's Ark, this one, etc. But I would like it a lot better if they would accompany them with titles that people WOULD really like to see and have been clamoring for. It's painful when there's a delay of months between releases and then this is what shows up.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
That's funny!! And sad of course. lol I actually kind of like that Disney's put out a few that NOBODY would have expected like Monkeys, Noah's Ark, this one, etc. But I would like it a lot better if they would accompany them with titles that people WOULD really like to see and have been clamoring for. It's painful when there's a delay of months between releases and then this is what shows up.

I hate to rag on them too much b/c they've had a beyond stellar 2018 with their releases with 3 more in July and even the out of nowhere unexpected DVD Exclusive in September, but man this item is below the belt. This will be their 15th Bluray release this year which is already 5 more than the previous high.

Actually Noah's Ark I thought was a nice under the radar pick and I like it far more than Mighty Ducks and Dumbo Drop, but I know the Ducks esp have a massive following.

Maybe they'll make up for it and announce a Christmas release of Fantasia sometime by mid October. they've avoided announcing their normal Fall Vault release so it's actually starting to feel so real that if they don't, it's going to be a disappointment. If they were going to sneak in a Princess Movie like Cinderella I'd think we'd had heard something already

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Once DuckTales was announced a bunch of the posts started clamoring for continuations of some series that got a season or two. The most commom mentions and honestly the one's I think have the best chance. Of course there are a ton of things that have never had releases, but that list is far too long. A couple of these could probably be finished in a single larger set.

Muppet Show S4 and 5 (72ep of S1/2/3 released 2005-2008 -- I think 48 ep leftover).
Kim Possible S3 and 4 (S1 and 2 51 of 85 ep released in 2010)
DarkWing Duck (54ep out of 91 released in 2006/2007) Only 54 of 60 S1 episodes were on the 1st two DVD sets.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I feel dirty enough for this one, but please keep to a minimum "But how could they, with xxxxxxxxxxxx [insert movie name of choice that's been mentioned 100x already] " -- my sadness is already maxed out and a Cat 4 is headed to the coast. Hopefully in a couple of days an extra title or two will show up.

I agree with you David. I truly hope another yellow border exclusive will show up on the site in the next week or so, but in the meantime, are you doing okay there in NC? That storm looks brutal on TV. Must say I'm a little worried for you. Hang in there! :eek:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm way on the other of the state. Here today -- no rain and about 15-20mph breezes. The downgrade to a Cat 1 didn't help the water issues on the coast, but b/w the downgrade and change in direction it will be far less of an issue by the time it gets here after 200 miles over land. A few days again they were thinking 8-12 in and 40-45mph here, now it looks like 25-30mph and 2-3 inches so really not much worse than a bad rainy summer week. Went through the far diluted west edge of Hugo years ago and even on the safest side that was bad enough.

The change in direction also spared Raleigh the worst where I do have some people to worry about and all those college students concentrated there appear safe. .

Interesting reading on Bluray.com where the average poster age seems much younger than here and they're kind of excited about this release. Like Hocus Pocus and the Ducks movies, they have far more connection to those movies much like the people here want all the Hayley Mills and Dean Jones movies. "our childhood movies are a lot better than yours"

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Glad to hear you and your lived ones are safe! That's the most important thing. :)

As far as the yellow border releases are concerned, yes, my kids were really excited about the 90's releases as well. But I'm more excited about the original Parent Trap and Saludos Amigos being released this year than anything else. I sure hope I'll Be Home for Christmas isn't the last one we'll get this year.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad

Interesting reading on Bluray.com where the average poster age seems much younger than here and they're kind of excited about this release. Like Hocus Pocus and the Ducks movies, they have far more connection to those movies much like the people here want all the Hayley Mills and Dean Jones movies. "our childhood movies are a lot better than yours"

Well, ours are better !!

Glad you’re safe.

Ethan Rasiel

Auditioning
Real Name
Ethan Rasiel
Just got a shipment of new titles and was excited to enter in the codes at Disney Movie Rewards and....down for scheduled maintenance. But don't worry, I'm told: Fix-It Felix is on the case! Is this a common thing?

And for those wondering, the titles I received are: DuckTales volume 1, 2 and 3 (they are $5/season at Amazon!), Treasure of the Lost Lamp, and Rebels Season 3. Waiting for the VIP deal to go back to 60% (or at least 50% and FS) and then I'll grab the just released DuckTales Season 4 from DMC to complete the set. Hope it doesn't sell out first.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
. Waiting for the VIP deal to go back to 60% (or at least 50% and FS) and then I'll grab the just released DuckTales Season 4 from DMC to complete the set. Hope it doesn't sell out first.

There should be 1 more 50%+Free shipping and 60% this year based on the numbers.

Even better in they do the FS offer in early December again this year and it happens to overlap with the FS. Would be Dec 4-10 if it hits the same timing as last year. Upcoming cycles should be Oct 9 and 23, Nov 6, Dec 4

I've never known a DMC Exclusive to sell out yet so I think you're safe on that front. The only one's I've known to go OOP are those that were d/c to release a new wide release version and only a few of those DVDs.

I saw a popup last night about the pending DMR Renovation and I think it was expected to be less than a day, but you never know with these things.

They just mildly revamped both the DMC sign up site, and a significant revamp of DMC site -- mostly for the better given how badly botched last years re-do of the sign-up page went. It's still not great, but it's a bit more useable than it was a couple months ago. It's still nearly impossible to tell whether you're choosing BD or DVD until after you add it to your selections and start to checkout, it's difficult at best to tell which version you're getting (BD vs BD/DVD or with/without digital), and the fact it doesn't let you choose the bonus titles (plus the limited choices) until after you've fully signed up still is confusing people.

Last edited:

Ethan Rasiel

Auditioning
Real Name
Ethan Rasiel
Great info thanks David! Disney Movie Rewards is back up but something went seriously awry...each title comes up multiple times in the reward list....some as many as 5 times in the same format!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Great info thanks David! Disney Movie Rewards is back up but something went seriously awry...each title comes up multiple times in the reward list....some as many as 5 times in the same format!

Do you have a link to that area or a subsection to see that -- I'm not seeing anything like that on my DMR site

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks