1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Mark-P, Aug 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Ethan Rasiel

Ethan Rasiel Auditioning

Ethan Rasiel
    It was the list of movie rewards - on scrolling down the same clusters of movies repeated over and over. But just checked and it has been fixed!

2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I got it -- for some reason I never pay attention to the top of the list, I just automatically scroll down to the Coming Soon section. I had even forgotten you could change the letter/number at the top to change the page

3. Ethan Rasiel

Ethan Rasiel Auditioning

Ethan Rasiel
    Curiouser and curiouser. I don't see a coming soon section. Are we talking about the same page? Disneymovierewards.go.com? I'm just talking about the list of titles you see when you click "get rewards" and select "Blu-rays and DVDs." Its a long list of titles with a "more" at the bottom to load more but just one page. For a brief period of time there was a glitch where the page became 5x the length as all titles were repeated multiple times.

4. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Maybe not -- I was talking about the page Earn Points/At home. I misunderstood -- I thought were talking about a list of titles that had points available rather than the list of items that could be redeemed for points.

I did check the Get Rewards list when the page came back up early Tuesday morning (late Monday night) to see if they added anything new and my page/browser wasn't showing a lot of repeated items then. Whatever the issue was, it sounds like it was a glitch which is fixed now anyway. Someone else said that were still getting the "Under Maintenance" page well into the day Tuesday which I never saw so it's possible they took thing offline briefly again for tweaking or there was some some Page Cache/Browser memory happening.

Honestly it must have been some real under the hood updates b/c I'm not seeing even a minor difference in the site now compared to last week. Same exact layout, menu, submenus, dropdowns, content, etc. It's not any faster, I don't see any new graphics, options, or information than was on the site before

5. Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad Screenwriter

Brad
    I was wondering if we should start an Official DMC UHD Blu-ray thread?

It wouldn’t be exclusive being that Disney mass markets their UHD titles but it might be nice to have a go to listing.

6. Jason Nicklin

Jason Nicklin Auditioning

Jason Nicklin
    I joined the Disney Movie Club to get the Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros blu ray. I loved it and now my most wanted are Make Mine Music and Melody Time. Any rumors they might be released soon on blu ray? Still waiting on The Black Cauldron as well.

Brian Kidd likes this.
  7. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

Sadly, we don't really hear about upcoming releases until they're announced. There is an HD transfer of The Black Cauldron that is available digitally, but not the other two. The best we have right now are the UK DVD releases, since the US versions are censored.

Stephen_J_H and Jason Nicklin like this.
  8. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Always rumors, but that's about it. Q1 of 2019 would seem to be the best time to think about those. I've been thinking Fantasia would show up before the end of the year then, MMM/MT would be a perfect add-on for Jan/Feb.

Fantasia would be a perfect 11/27 or 12/4 release, but if it's not announced in the next 10 days I think that may not be happening this year.
    Usually one of the Wholesale pre-book sites would have had some sort of indicator by now and I'm starting to get a bit worried since nothing has been hinted at yet.

holtge and Jason Nicklin like this.
  9. Mark-P

Mark-P Producer

Mark Probst
    Why Fantasia, David? I realize Disney has cyclical vault thing they do, but I’m happy with my 2010 Blu-ray and would prefer Fantasia stay in the vault a while longer and let them finish putting out the few animated classics that still haven’t seen the light of Blu-ray.

10. Message #990 of 1059 Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

Different category of release -- it not my want list, but what I think is likely/due. I'd love to have the unreleased sets more, but the Vault 14 have always been independent of the other titles anyway.

It's not so much for me since I have the November 2010 BD -- well for that matter I have the November 2000 DVD and November 1991 Laserdisc, but a lot of people missed the 4 month release last time and have been begging for it.

Fantasia last release was 2010 and vaulted in April 2011. The next longest continuously vaulted title was Sleeping Beauty which went back in late 2016

With the Mickey 90th Celebration, the MM Shorts Disc coming out, it also seems to be too perfect to throw in Fantasia with the famous Sorc Apprentice short that introduced the more modern Mickey Mouse.

Just for information on the 14 titles. Fantasia has been off the market almost 6 years longer that any other title so I think it's long overdue
    Title --------Last Release -----Vault Date
    Fantasia 11/2010 4/2011

Diamond Edition
    Cinderella 10/2012 1/2017
    Little Mermaid 10/2013 1/2017
    Jungle Book 2/2014 1/2017
    Sleeping Beauty 10/2014 10/2016
    101 Dalmatians 2/2015 2/2017
    Aladdin 10/2015 10/2017

Signature Edition
    Snow White 2/2016
    Beauty/Beast 9/2016
    Pinocchio 1/2017
    Bambi 6/2017
    Lion King 8/2017 (4K release rumored 12/2018)
    Lady/Tramp 2/2018
    Peter Pan 6/2018

he Fall 2016/ Winter 2017 vault dates are a bit approx since most of them were pulled in the Fall 2016 as a group, but were allowed for Digital Sales longer and one or two Disney sites even had new physical stock quite a bit longer. Sleeping Beauty Bluray was actually off Disney sites well before October though the DVD was available until October. That Mass vaulting was unusual not only for the number that went away at one time,but many people had thought Disney has actually stopped the Moratorium process b/c none of them had been pulled at all since April 2014 when Peter Pan Diamond was vaulted.

The Signature Edition started Feb 2016 and for now I'm not seeing any indication that any are getting ready to be pulled though lately Disney has given almost no notice that a title is endangered other that DMC listing them "Limited Time, While Supplies Last"

11. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie

Stephen J. Hill
    Plus, Disney needs to deal with the special features on Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 that were "online exclusive". Can't remember if they were actually on the disc and locked by BD Java, or "in the cloud". Either situation is unacceptable.

12. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I wonder if Disney will hold off on Fantasia 2000 given the current James Levine controversy. If James Gunn is persona non grata for making bad jokes about pedophelia ten years ago, what’s the Disney reaction to Levine grooming and abusing teenage boys for decades?

MatthewA likes this.
  13. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Good point and question. But Fantasia 2000 has existed for 18 years. They have no current association with him at all. They aren't pulling Gunn's two Guardians films from circulation, so I doubt they would have much problem reissuing a movie like Fantasia 2000 which is not a current thing. It's clear that it was made a long time ago. The year is even in the name.

I am surprised that Disney hasn't moved to release Fantasia in support of the upcoming Nutcracker live-action film. Maybe they will when it come to Blu-ray.

14. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Fantasia 2000 is older, yes, but Levine is a) on camera and b) has been fired for cause as a result of his behavior and would be under criminal investigation were it not for a statute of limitations.

I can’t help but wonder if that’s a bigger problem for Disney than unfunny tweets from an off-camera personality, regardless of when the film was made.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  15. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Good point. But they could just edit it (awkwardly) so he's not on camera. It wouldn't be the first time they censored a film. Hell, it wouldn't even be the first time they censored a Fantasia film.

I can't see them letting the film never be released again in some form. If they think there is money to be made with it, they'll find a way.

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I can think of one other significant Disney film that fits this formula and they haven't figured it out yet.

Suzanne.S likes this.
  17. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    Point taken. I just don't think that Jams Levine's presence in Fantasia 2000 is nearly as "bad" as they consider the racism in Song of the South to be. Also, like I said, they can edit out his on-camera appearances if they feel they must. Song of the South would be harder to edit.

18. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Screenwriter

Bryan
    And here I thought he was writing about Powder ... :cool:

19. Gary16

Gary16 Supporting Actor

Gary
    Just got a letter from DMC that they’ve canceled the 4KUHD version of “Christopher Robin” which I had preordered and offered the regular Blu-ray instead. Wonder why?

20. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Producer

Jake Lipson
    I suspect that they doubt enough people would buy a 4K of that title. They still appear to think of Pooh as primarily a kids' property, although Christopher Robin did reach a wider audience than the last several Pooh films.