What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Here's the cover art for both versions.

YyxAuA0m.jpg
iH5r5d5m.jpg

To say that I am disappointed with Disney is becoming too common place these last few years. These exclusive releases just proves how Disney regards its library and that they're constantly trying to make a fast buck as well.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
With all those movies they make about why Greed Is Bad™, you wonder how much those messages sink in.

At least they don't try to pass off upconverts as true 1080p remasters.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Here's the cover art for both versions.

YyxAuA0m.jpg
iH5r5d5m.jpg

To say that I am disappointed with Disney is becoming too common place these last few years. These exclusive releases just proves how Disney regards its library and that they're constantly trying to make a fast buck as well.
Those covers were revealed in post 636 of this thread over a month ago.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I didn't know they were posted before. The 2003 remake cover looks nice, with the fortune cookie added on. As for the 1976 classic though, I just noticed that Jodie Foster's head has been badly photoshopped on to several other people to make the up the image of Annabel carrying the grocery bag which even that is photoshopped as well.

2018-03-20 14.35.44.jpg

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The next shoe drops. Just live at the DMR site under "coming soon"
Given the last several months 'previews' that could mean release date around 4/24

theparenttrap1961dmcbluray1521586444733.png
theparenttrap1998bluray1521586525824.png
I swear to god, David, I check the site at least 5 times a day so I can post exclusives here before you, but sure enough you beat me every time! This time I just happened to be in a theater watching Hamilton when they dropped.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This time I just happened to be in a theater watching Hamilton when they dropped.

As a general rule, watching Hamilton > being first to post anything. So I think you're good. Which company did you see?

And...The Parent Trap might be the one that pushes me to actually seek out a DMC exclusive.

HOW CAN THAT FILM BE 20 YEARS OLD? That's really not possible. God, I feel old now.

Jut saying.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I might be convinced to join the club now... Freaky Friday and Parent Trap. Things are looking up... I still need to get Treasure Island and Swiss Family Robinson on bluray. I didn't want to pull the trigger on the club but then I didn't want to pay $30 for it on ebay...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
GREAT news!

Things are looking up... I still need to get Treasure Island and Swiss Family Robinson on bluray. I didn't want to pull the trigger on the club but then I didn't want to pay $30 for it on ebay...

This is a conundrum. I've been okay with paying the occasional premium price on eBay for the occasional Disney Club Blu Exclusive I've wanted. But maybe I should join? I don't usually have a problem with fear of commitment. But I'm at a stage in life where I just don't want to deal with the monthly effort to reject the offering. Plus I'm not sure how I'd go about filling the commitment.

I'll probably just keep cherry-picking off eBay.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The next shoe drops. Just live at the DMR site under "coming soon"
Given the last several months 'previews' that could mean release date around 4/24

theparenttrap1961dmcbluray1521586444733.png
theparenttrap1998bluray1521586525824.png
Finally!! And both versions.

Do wish Disney had included the Hayley Mills sequel PTs as well but just be thankful for this.

And I just noted that these coincide with the 20th anniversary of the Lindsay Lohan release (57th for the Hayley Mills original).

This also means I'll be hitting up Twilight Time for their two disk Blu-ray cases to house my DVD versions. I don't think the extras will get ported over.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I swear to god, David, I check the site at least 5 times a day so I can post exclusives here before you, but sure enough you beat me every time! This time I just happened to be in a theater watching Hamilton when they dropped.

Well -- look at it this way. You were watching Hamilton and I was hanging out in front of a computer screen.

Unfortunately this is the last of the items that were 'leaked' as upcoming 3 months ago so now we're back to not knowing what comes next.
Hopefully the guy who drop these names will share some more within the next several weeks. This is a lot of exclusives and a ton of the high value items that have come all at once. The most exclusives ever released in a year has been 10 and after the end of April (presumed) that will be 9 for 2018 in the 1st 4 months.

We can only hope that 2 per month will continue for awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks