What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
I've never even heard of Rocketman. Mighty Joe Young remake was pretty good but it was already released on blu ray so I don't know why we need another one with so many unreleased Disney classics with HD masters available waiting to be released.

You're lucky, and luckier still that you haven't seen it. It's like Disney tried to do a Jerry Lewis/Don Knotts vehicle with Harland Williams. But very unsuccessfully.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Welcome back, vintage exclusives! I had feared that they were finished for good. Here are some screencaps of Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros. Picture quality, as expected is pitch perfect. Audio is lossless this time, remixed in 5.1, but very subtle so that it remains true to the mono origins.

Saludos1.jpg

Saludos2.jpg

Saludos3.jpg

Caballeros1.jpg

Caballeros2.jpg

Caballeros3.jpg

ahollis

Premium
Real Name
Allen
I still have sneaking suspicion that the release of Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are some how related to this months selection Coco.

I made sure to order three copies (for friends) in hope Disney realizes there is interest in older titles. I did not order Coco for I will order that through HTF when link to Amazon is announced.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I still have sneaking suspicion that the release of Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros are some how related to this months selection Coco.

I made sure to order three copies (for friends) in hope Disney realizes there is interest in older titles. I did not order Coco for I will order that through HTF when link to Amazon is announced.
You know, I never made that connection! So the only way Disney will release some of these old titles is if they serve to promote something new!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The first Mailer showed up today and confirms Saludos Amigos/Three Cabelleros will definitely go up for order on Jan 30. DMC Rep told a caller today that Mighty Joe Young and Rocketman will be coming soon so I'm assuming that means 2/27 since they rarely give out information more than 30 days out.

Also first rumors from the poster that gave the advance heads up on all the Dec/January releases a week or two before there was anything official -- the original Freaky Friday and Parent Trap may very well be coming 'soon.' No dates were given, but 2-4 months might be reasonable. There was also no mention if the remakes would be release either simultaneously or later
I've been jonesing for The Parent Trap (1961 original and 1998 remake) for quite a long time. Hoping your source is correct on this one as well.
And I hope we get both editions in a Parent Trap Compendium package.

Would also like The Parent Trap II (1986) as well.

David Norman

Premium
Pretty much everything I know even as a reasonable rumor is above.

Disney is notoriously tight lipped on future releases so anything more than 3-4 weeks for these catalog releases is pretty much unknown. It's not even unusual to see some of these releases with zero fore-notice or within a week of release is as much notice as we get

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
They must be saving that for either a remake or a 40th anniversary edition. It's hard to believe the PG Initiative years were that long ago.

Meanwhile, the Touchstone singles and doubles from Kino Lorber actually get extras. Good ones. I do not understand the mindset at work here, and believe me, I have tried. More than is healthy for any one man to do.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
For some reason, the Movie Club website will not load for me lately (not good, as I need to log in to decide on [decline, that is] my monthly selection). Unfortunately, regardless of what I try, I keep getting the message "site error".

David Norman

Premium
For some reason, the Movie Club website will not load for me lately (not good, as I need to log in to decide on [decline, that is] my monthly selection). Unfortunately, regardless of what I try, I keep getting the message "site error".

DMC someitmes gets into a cookie/cache loop. Try a different browser, completely clear the cache/cookies, or you can try selectively deleting either all the disney cookies or all the go.com cookies and see if that helps.

If you just need to respond to your monthly title you can do that by using the automated phone system.

David Norman

Premium
freakyfridaybluray1519259423476.jpg
freakyfriday2003bluray1519259774664.jpg

Now showing as Coming Soon in the DMR website.

No release date, but usually the thumbnails with DMC Exclusives are max 4-5 weeks so best guess right now would be 3/27

Parent Trap was also rumored by the same poster that has been spot on, so hopefully a month or two after this pair we'll see the other part of that rumor

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm surprised that these are coming separately and not as one of those 2-Movie Collections Disney was so fond of a few years ago.

David Norman

Premium
I'm surprised that these are coming separately and not as one of those 2-Movie Collections Disney was so fond of a few years ago.

The DMC Bluray sets so far have tended to be Separate releases -- Two "Honey, I Shrunk..." 3 "Mighty Ducks" the 4 Herbies, 2 Witch Mountain, etc.

Saludos Amigos/Three Cabelleros -- have almost always been combined and are basically hour each
The Davy Crockett pair were 80-90 minutes each and on a single disc, but that's been the exception so far.

It may be 200 minutes of Tier A Movie may be a bit much for even a BD-50 to keep the quality, but more likely it's a financial bonus

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
freakyfridaybluray1519259423476.jpg
freakyfriday2003bluray1519259774664.jpg

Now showing as Coming Soon in the DMR website.

No release date, but usually the thumbnails with DMC Exclusives are max 4-5 weeks so best guess right now would be 3/27

Parent Trap was also rumored by the same poster that has been spot on, so hopefully a month or two after this pair we'll see the other part of that rumor
Since that reliable source was correct on this we can be assured that Parent Trap will be next. It was a loooooooog wait, but what a relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scromer17
Recent bookmarks