What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
DMC was essentially everyone's last chance to own a lot of classic Disney titles that have mostly been forgotten due to the changing of hands of the company. With this new distribution deal I really doubt we'll likely see the majority of those titles ever again in our lifetimes.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Bryan,

Thank you for your interest in Disney Movie Club. I would like to introduce myself. I am an associate with the Member Advocate Team.

We are no longer accepting new Member applications. Due to consumer behavior and viewing preferences that continue to evolve, we have made the tough decision to close Disney Movie Club entirely.

Thank you,

Linda

Member Advocate Team Associate

Disney Movie Club

That was the response to my question. E-Bay it is.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I've placed two orders over the past couple of days. One is paid for and shipped and the other is paid for but doesn't show in my purchase history. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Here is an interesting turn of events considering the recent Movie Club announcement and the Sony deal...
Go figure?

Merchandising: Barnes & Noble Adding Disney DVD/Blu-ray Section

JOHN LATCHEM

February 22, 2024

On the heels of the news that Disney is turning over its disc operations to Sony Pictures, the Barnes & Noble bookseller chain announced that most of its stores are now offering a Disney-branded section featuring a greater assortment of the studio’s titles.

Selections cover a wide variety of Disney’s brands on DVD and Blu-ray, including Walt Disney Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Pixar Animation Studios, 20th Century Studios, National Geographic and Searchlight Pictures.

Additionally, 10 Barnes & Noble locations will feature more extensive collections of available Disney films, including stores in New York City, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Anchorage, Orlando and San Antonio. Other locations are being reviewed for future expansion.

In announcing this expansion, Barnes & Noble Music & Video Category Manager Crissi Bariatti said, “Our customers have told us that they want more selection and variety in our DVD and Blu-ray assortments. We are fully committed to offering our shoppers a best-in-class assortment and we are working with Disney to expand and enhance our offerings from their catalog in all stores.”

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
^Interesting... but one has to wonder if all the families that (still) visit B&N stores would be interested enough anymore... I suppose there might still be some holdouts against D+ who'd want to better manage their kids' screen time and entertainment choices/options -- that's certainly partly why I chose against cable/sat and for buying discs when my kids were young... and maybe enough (well-to-do) parents still feel that way as ongoing pushback against excessive screen time for their kids...

They do often (but probably not always) also (long) have dedicated a kids section for books and toys, so they may well also leverage that, not merely expand whatever existing video section (that's probably usually in a completely separate part of each store)...

One also wonders if/when B&N might eventually start their own streaming platform or something (or maybe partner w/ some other) though... since they do offer digital media options for other things and even have their own devices for such (though presumably still very substantially behind Amazon)...

_Man_

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Hopefully this isn't inappropriate to ask (I feel kind of strange posting such a request, so perhaps it is), but if anyone that's a member is up for placing an order for me, there's several things I'd love to get.

While I've paid a premium price for several things like The Parent Trap on Blu-Ray through the years, I never got around to actually joining and now it's too late. :(

I'd of course cover the price and shipping fees. Just post or private message me.

Last edited:

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I really wanted Moon Pilot on Blu - they have an old full screen DVD but I wanted a release in its original aspect ratio. I didn’t have serious hopes it would be released but given that they did Monkeys Go Home, it seemed anything was possible!

Yes, Moon Pilot and while we are at it, I like Snowball Express, too, maybe more than Monkeys Go Home. :)

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I really wanted Moon Pilot on Blu - they have an old full screen DVD but I wanted a release in its original aspect ratio. I didn’t have serious hopes it would be released but given that they did Monkeys Go Home, it seemed anything was possible!
One of the more infuriating aspects of the DMC was simply how these exclusives were released so slowly. Due to that, all of us likely have several titles that remain - and perhaps permanently now - unreleased on blu (The Happiest Millionaire being my top want). We can also be honest in saying some of their selections were a bit on the quirky side.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member

So did I. Was really that Moon Pilot would come out on blu.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Well, I guess I no longer have to decline the feature title. Does anyone have a list of DMC exclusives?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Well, I guess I no longer have to decline the feature title. Does anyone have a list of DMC exclusives?
@David Norman, keeper of all things Disney, posted that here:

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
I am really disappointed that they never got around to getting the 1965 That Darn Cat on blu-ray as an exclusive. The stream on D+ looks to be hi-def. This was a very popular movie and IMO much more solid than later things like $1,000,000 Duck.
I agree!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorlanm
Recent bookmarks