What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Indeed! I just binged everything in Season 2 so far, and the series continues to impress! Episode 5 was no exception, but one thing DID bug me:

Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano wasn't what I expected at all. Sure, it makes sense that the character is weary at this point in her life, but outside of the fight sequences (which were amazing), she just came across as tired. Nothing at all like the spunky, intense character from Clone Wars. Still, it was great seeing a live-action version of her, and what about her mention of Grand Admiral Thrawn??? I can hardly wait to see where they go with THAT!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Indeed! I just binged everything in Season 2 so far, and the series continues to impress! Episode 5 was no exception, but one thing DID bug me:

Rosario Dawson's Ahsoka Tano wasn't what I expected at all. Sure, it makes sense that the character is weary at this point in her life, but outside of the fight sequences (which were amazing), she just came across as tired. Nothing at all like the spunky, intense character from Clone Wars. Still, it was great seeing a live-action version of her, and what about her mention of Grand Admiral Thrawn??? I can hardly wait to see where they go with THAT!
Have you seen Rebels? It fills in some blanks for her between The Clone Wars and Rebels and there's some explanation for how she's changed over time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Just a guess, but that seemed to be setting up the rumored Ahsoka show and her journey there. Unless we find out Thrawn is working with Moff Gideon, but I doubt it. I think Gideon is the big bad of The Mandalorian.

Episode 13 was just outstanding. The show is such a joy.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean

Funny, I’ve only recently started Clone Wars, and I’m only nearing the end of the first season. But I feel like I have a good sense of what Ahsoka‘s character is like. And it is just like you described. However, in this episode my thoughts were that this feels like her but a version of her that has matured and experienced all kinds of tragedy and loss. Frankly, I’d consider it a little weird if she still carried herself like the “spunky” teen version in Clone Wars considering what she would have lived through since Revenge of the Sith.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It was okay. Nothing mind blowing. The big reveal regarding short and green was a big let down. All it made me think was, "that was the best they could come up with?"

Parts of the soundtrack reminded me of the last Blade Runner film, which isn't a bad thing.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I've believed from the start and even believe more fervently tonight that this series is better than every Star Wars movie but the original and Empire. And it just gets better and better because it respects the source material while diverging in authentic ways.

To say nothing of the fact that I couldn't stop smiling for half an hour because a certain animated character looked exactly as I imagined her to look in live action. Wow and wow. And wow some more.

As Lawrence once said, "My name is for my friends."

Dare I hope Obi-Wan leaves Tatooine for a bit?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This episode was so good that no one has yet to mention that Michael Biehn was in it.

It was okay. Nothing mind blowing. The big reveal regarding short and green was a big let down. All it made me think was, "that was the best they could come up with?"
It's better than the lady Yoda from The Phantom Menace that was named Yaddle. :) I think The Child's name will be like a Star Wars movie title- it sounds weird at first but you get used to it pretty quickly. Also, as has been pointed out, everyone in the real world will still probably call him Baby Yoda anyway.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The episode seems to make clear that he is not a clone of Yoda, since she says he was a youngling around the time of the end of the Clone Wars and was somehow rescued from the Temple. Might he be a witness to Anakin's murder of the younglings?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Parts of the soundtrack reminded me of the last Blade Runner film, which isn't a bad thing.
Thank goodness as there is always a need for a contrary POV.:)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
This episode was so good that no one has yet to mention that Michael Biehn was in it.

It's better than the lady Yoda from The Phantom Menace that was named Yaddle. :) I think The Child's name will be like a Star Wars movie title- it sounds weird at first but you get used to it pretty quickly. Also, as has been pointed out, everyone in the real world will still probably call him Baby Yoda anyway.
IMDB has little info on this episode. What character was Michael Biehn?

Edit: Biehn was the security man for the villain? I did not recognize him. So he’s one episode and done?

Last edited:

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Have you seen Rebels? It fills in some blanks for her between The Clone Wars and Rebels and there's some explanation for how she's changed over time.

I have not seen Rebels, and that's probably why I had the reaction that I did. I jumped straight from Clone Wars to The Mandalorian.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m surprised only only person mentioned Michael Biehn He was terrific as the number one of the Overlord of the Castle.
He was in the credits.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I’m surprised only only person mentioned Michael Biehn He was terrific as the number one of the Overlord of the Castle.
He was in the credits.

I didn't even recognize it was him. However, I haven't seen Biehn since Aliens and I've pretty much forgotten about him since.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
He was in the credits.

Yeah, I totally forgot to mention Biehn. I thought he was OK, but neither his character or his performance were anything special. And, as Johnny mentioned, he's one and done, which is a shame. Still, it was good to see him on-screen again.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

I can’t remember his name so I keep calling him Gogurt.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Dare I hope Obi-Wan leaves Tatooine for a bit?

I’m not sure what you are hinting at but Mandalorian takes place after ROTJ so Obi-wan is dead, not on Tatooine.

I wonder why they shortened Ashoka’s head dressing (or whatever it is called). They made it the length of young Ashoka from Clone Wars but, older Ashoka’s in Rebels was taller and longer.

What’s your guesses...

They’ve hinted that another Jedi will seek them out. I hope it is not Ezra, I hope it is Luke. Most SW fans hated what TLJ did to Like (not me) and I’m sure Mark Hamill would gladly join the show, even if they have to de-age him a little. Fans would love to see Luke again. We know he starts a school to train Jedi until Kylo Ren happens. So, I hope Luke makes an appearance.

Last edited:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I’m not sure what you are hinting at but Mandalorian takes place after ROTJ so Obi-wan is dead, not in Tatooine.

I wonder why they shortened Ashoka’s head dressing (or whatever it is called). They made it the length of young Ashoka from Clone Wars but, older Ashoka’s in Rebels was taller and longer.

What’s your guesses...

They’ve hinted that another Jedi will seek them out. I hope it is not Ezra, I hope it is Luke. Most SW fans hated what TLJ did to Like (not me) and I’m sure Mark Hamill would gladly join the show, even if they have to de-age him a little. Fans would love to see Luke again. We know he starts a school to train Jedi until Kylo Ren happens. So, I hope Luke makes an appearance.
I think he is referring to the planned Obi Wan show.

And here’s an answer on the Montrals:
7169BE1A-3D11-4393-ABF5-146766636873.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks