What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I also thought this episode was just ok overall, my least favorite of this season.

It felt very anticlimactic. The thing I didn't get, bothered me, she has discovered maybe the most interesting or important being, she completely brushes it off. Even if not training him, why not being together for at least a while? Learn stuff. Like baby Yoda is nothing.

She then says I can't train him but go so some other Jedi train him? Like other Jedi can do other stuff? Aren't the Jedi dead? Is this series after episode 6 or 9, I don't remember.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I also thought this episode was just ok overall, my least favorite of this season.

It felt very anticlimactic. The thing I didn't get, bothered me, she has discovered maybe the most interesting or important being, she completely brushes it off. Even if not training him, why not being together for at least a while? Learn stuff. Like baby Yoda is nothing.

She then says I can't train him but go so some other Jedi train him? Like other Jedi can do other stuff? Aren't the Jedi dead? Is this series after episode 6 or 9, I don't remember.
It's set after Return Of The Jedi. The Jedi are mostly wiped out but there's still some that weren't killed by the Empire. Luke Skywalker, who is trying to bring back the Jedi Order at this time, would be a prime candidate to place The Child with. Also, she gave them a destination to go to that will allow him to decide his own future.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jedi has repeatedly shown this behavior.
For everything that they are and can do they often quit and run away when they are unsure of anything including training new Jedi.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
For everything that they are and can do they often quit and run away when they are unsure of anything including training new Jedi.
I’m unfamiliar with this. Can you cite some examples?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Luke, yoda and Kenobi all ran away and hid for decades.
Can’t think of more right now but these three are basically the top three.
Anakin didn’t do so well as a Jedi either.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Given that she had a front row seat to Anakin becoming Darth Vader and the galaxy being plunged into darkness for about two decades, I think she's making the right call to let someone who knows what the hell they're doing handle it. :D

Can’t think of more right now but these three are basically the top three.
Anakin didn’t do so well as a Jedi either.
Ahsoka and Kanan (from Rebels) would fall into that category as well. Though in defense of those characters, they would have likely been throwing their lives away if they had tried to fight Vader and the Emperor. Obi-wan and Yoda needed to be in place to train Luke or Leia once they were old enough in the hopes that they could defeat the Empire.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It's set after Return Of The Jedi.
Interesting, my default thinking was that it's after episode 9. So in that case since Baby Yoda is a huge thing, wouldn't that cause issues he was never seen, mentioned in Episode 7-9?

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Has there been any indication as to how long Luke was in hiding after what happened between him and Ben Solo? I got the feeling it wasn’t nearly as long as Obi-wan and Yoda’s hiding.
Interesting, my default thinking was that it's after episode 9. So in that case since Baby Yoda is a huge thing, wouldn't that cause issues he was never seen, mentioned in Episode 7-9?
I guess that depends on how things are left by the end of “The Mandalorian”’s run. Did I read correctly at some point in the last year Favreau saying it’s planned to be 5 seasons? Is that still the plan?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's the same as when we didn't know the fates of Ahsoka, Ezra or Kanan and the viewer has to assume that they're all somehow out of the situation when the movies takes place. Clearly, they won't kill Baby Yoda and it's worth noting that since The Force Awakens is 25 years away, Baby Yoda would still be pretty young by TFA and probably wouldn't be able to face off against Kylo Ren. If he's a nonverbal baby at 50, I can't imagine that he becomes an adult by 75.

Has there been any indication as to how long Luke was in hiding after what happened between him and Ben Solo? I got the feeling it wasn’t nearly as long as Obi-wan and Yoda’s hiding.
I'm pretty sure it's six years between Ben killing Luke's students and The Force Awakens.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I personally consider Ahsoka, Ezra or Kanan secondary characters. A new Yoda is different, it's a huge thing.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Ahsoka has been a leading character since 2008. The Child has been around since 2019. By virtue of that alone, Ahsoka is an established character with a rich history. And for a generation of young viewers, she was their first exposure to a female Jedi in a leading role, not an insignificant thing. Perhaps even more than Leia, she’s expanded Star Wars into something not just for little boys to see themselves as heroes in.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Seeing as how we are only 5 years after ROTJ, it would make sense if Mando’s search eventually leads him to Luke. Now, I understand the difficulty of that, and I’m not sure I want to see any of the original cast, but they’ve sort of written it in such a way that Luke is the logical conclusion.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ahsoka has been a leading character since 2008. The Child has been around since 2019. By virtue of that alone, Ahsoka is an established character with a rich history. And for a generation of young viewers, she was their first exposure to a female Jedi in a leading role, not an insignificant thing. Perhaps even more than Leia, she’s expanded Star Wars into something not just for little boys to see themselves as heroes in.
Agreed. Dave Filoni has pointed out that different age groups have 'their' Star Wars and for the kids who first came to Star Wars by way of The Clone Wars, that's their Star Wars. I'd guess that for those fans (be they male or female), Ahsoka is as important of a character as Anakin or Obi-Wan or Yoda.

I have to say that it's cool to have seen the Ahsoka character go from being highly criticized by some fans when TCW movie first came out to becoming accepted to becoming downright beloved.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

No. Each Star Wars movie doesn't encompass the entirety of what is going on in the SW universe.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Obviously, nearly everyone's time for TV is limited but Rebels is well worth that time. The show focuses on a small number of characters (unlike the huge scope of The Clone Wars) a few years before the OT so there's some really cool connections between the OT & Rogue One, callbacks to things from The Clone Wars and explorations of The Force.

I think I may try this.

So a year or 2 ago, I went through about a season and a half of Clone Wars. I made it a little past "The Accidental Jedi" or whatever it was where Jar Jar was taken to be a Jedi by some race of nabobs.

Anyways I saw the recommended viewing order post a couple pages back and tried to start doing those with the GF watching.

She can't get into it because of the host of different characters. As for me, I'll watch it and not care if I can't remember who someone is early on. If they are important enough, they will return and be referenced.

Anyways, maybe I should try Rebels with her instead.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I personally consider Ahsoka, Ezra or Kanan secondary characters. A new Yoda is different, it's a huge thing.

Except there is no new Yoda. There is a moderately developed Padawan of the same species who is nowhere near Jedi Master in level of ability. People calling him "Baby Yoda" doesn't make him Yoda.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks