The Mandalorian & Grogu (2026)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: The Mandalorian & Grogu

Director: Jon Favreau

Release: 2026

Plot: The Mandalorian and Grogu are embarking on a new adventure — to movie theaters.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, I guess that settles whether there will be a season 4 or if it will go to the movies.

What’s Filoni’s movie going to be about? I thought he was handling the Mandalorian feature. I see this also confirms Ahsoka season 2. Good news all around.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looks like both.

“At present, a fourth season of his hit series is also in development”
Yes, but that's from the Deadline article. There have been rumors back and forth that season 4 would be made into a feature film. I can't imagine both will happen concurrently. This isn't Batman 1966.

I'd love to see Mando continue on the small screen, but I'm guessing that's not what is happening here.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Unlike almost every other Star Wars movie announcement, I suspect this one will get made. No idea how the streaming numbers went for Mandalorian, but I believe this movie is being made about 18 months after peak interest in the series, but still soon enough to be a decent enough hit.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My understanding is that Filoni’s movie was going to be more of a “big event” movie drawing from all of the smaller stories from the various Star Wars shows set in the Mandalorian era.
Needless to say, I'm just guessing but I think it'll focus on Ahsoka. I'm basing that purely on his helping to create and foster the character all these years.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks