What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian

Basically playing out the question, "What if Tangerine Dream or John Carpenter did the The Madalorian theme?" resulting in something that sounds like it belongs on an episode of Stranger Things (while the drum machine makes it sound like something out of Knight Rider). :D

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"I highly doubt that we'll find a donor with a higher m-count, though." MIDICHLORIANS! It looks like they're not shying away from Snoke and the resurrection of Palpatine.

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee's Captain Carson Teva hasn't put all the pieces together yet, but he's witnessing the rise of the First Order: "There's something going on out here. They don't believe it on the Core Worlds, but it's true. These aren't isolated incidents. They need to be stopped before it's too late, but we can't do it without local support."

What if it's his reports from the Outer Rim that convince Leia to start the Resistance?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"I highly doubt that we'll find a donor with a higher m-count, though." MIDICHLORIANS! It looks like they're not shying away from Snoke and the resurrection of Palpatine.

Paul Sun-Hyung Lee's Captain Carson Teva hasn't put all the pieces together yet, but he's witnessing the rise of the First Order: "There's something going on out here. They don't believe it on the Core Worlds, but it's true. These aren't isolated incidents. They need to be stopped before it's too late, but we can't do it without local support."
And the New Republic doesn't listen or the remnants of the Empire go deep enough into the Unknown Regions so they aren't discovered by the New Republic until it's way too late.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
And the Republic doesn't listen or the remnants of the Empire go deep enough into the Unknown Regions so they aren't discovered by the New Republic until it's way too late.
Right on. In the canon novels Lost Stars and the Aftermath-trilogy, that's exactly what happens following the Battle of Jakku (we see Imperial officers like Rae Sloane, Brendol Hux, and Nash Windrider escaping with secret fleets into the Unknown Regions to wait until the command to strike is finally given by Snoke and the resurrected Palpatine, decades later).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Right on. In the canon novels Lost Stars and the Aftermath-trilogy, that's exactly what happens following the Battle of Jakku (we see Imperial officers like Rae Sloane, Brendol Hux, and Nash Windrider escaping with secret fleets into the Unknown Regions to wait until the command to strike is finally given by Snoke and the resurrected Palpatine, decades later).
It hasn't been spelled out (that I'm aware of anyway) but presumably the idea is that the surviving Imperial high command hiding in the Unknown Regions are deliberately leaving behind & sacrificing alot of their troops in order to give the impression to the galaxy that the Empire is fully vanquished while they rebuild and eventually return decades later as the First Order. Anyway, I like the idea that they're tying Imperials' search for The Child to what I assume will become Supreme Leader Snoke.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Can somebody post the timeline in which this series is taking place and the start of the last three Star Wars films?

By the way, I see that Jon Favreau wrote this episode and it was directed by Carl Weathers.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Can somebody post the timeline in which this series is taking place and the start of the last three Star Wars films?

By the way, I see that Jon Favreau wrote this episode and it was directed by Carl Weathers.
Here's a chart with all the movies and TV shows (animated and live action)

1606017299487.jpeg

And if you want dates attached to that chart, click on the spoiler (careful, madness lies behind this spoiler warning)
Using A New Hope as 'year zero' (since it's the first movie):

The Phantom Menace is 32 years before A New Hope
Attack Of The Clones is 22 years before ANH
The Clone Wars is between 22 to 19 years before ANH
Revenge Of The Sith is 19 years before ANH
Solo is 10 years before ANH
Rebels is between 5 to less than a year before ANH
Rogue One is just before ANH
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back is 3 years after ANH
Return Of The Jedi is 4 years after ANH
The Mandalorian is 9 years after ANH
The Force Awakens is 34 years after ANH
The Last Jedi is 34 years after ANH
Resistance is just before and after TFA and TLJ
The Rise Of Skywalker is 35 years after ANH

EDIT: Sorry it's so small. It's the best the chart that I could and let's face it, no one cares anyway. :D

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
...which always makes me think desert living wasn’t kind to Obi-Wan if he went from Ewan McGregor to Alec Guinness in a mere nineteen years! Hayden Christensen to Sebastian Shaw is even more extreme but he did get eaten by fire so there’s that.

:D

(Do I care? Not one bit.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was expecting another mediocre episode. This one took me by surprise.

Loved the land speeder/tie fighter chase. Very well done with some great LFE moments that had my bass kickers in my chair rumbling.

Probably the best action-orientated episode of the series.

Really like the ending which gave a promise to where this season might be going.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Oh my, The Mandalorian may not be the best show I watch every week, but no other show gives me the same rush of nostalgia, Easter eggs, action, comic relief, and cuteness overload. At times, it induces a state of euphoria that feels like an out of body experience.

I must point out that they did lift two Baby Groot gags from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 vol 2:

1) The red wire/blue wire sequence is the basically Rocket trying to get Baby Groot to arm the bomb inside of Ego

2) Baby Yoda throwing up after dispatching the last TIE fighter reminded me of Baby Groot throwing up after 700 jumps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks