What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
You’re the first person I’ve heard say he doesn’t like the title music. To each his own, of course, but I love the way it evokes Ennio Morricone’s music from The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. This episode had more than a little in common with that film and its predecessors.
I think the music is good and fits the show but I still find it an odd choice for Star Wars. That being said, it's probably the best move to give the show its own 'musical personality' away from the movies and John Williams.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
The Diplodocus skeleton from the 1975 Disney comedy One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing

...Now, THAT, I would re-subscribe to Disney+ to watch. :cool:

I'm calling it now, there's going to be a backlash, maybe by the end of the season, that's going to make Disney rethink their recent "We're putting all our eggs in Disney+'s basket!" announcement, doing a goalpost-dance over Mandalorian's trending.
The fan grumbling about why we're no longer getting any vintage Disney content between the Star Wars, the National Geographic, and the behind-the-scenes self-promotional navel-gazing series, has been steadily growing, and the pot's going to boil over soon.

I'm starting to be reminded of the time late-90's/early-00's Disney was crowing over their ABC-TV ratings after the trending success of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?", and Michael Eisner struck while the iron was hot by letting the next season air Millionaire seven nights a week.
Things ultimately did NOT end well for Millionaire, ABC, or Eisner. The only thing worse than killing the golden goose is mercilessly strangling it.

As for the Child & the Mandalorian (to give the show proper billing), I remember looking up the Japanese "Lone Wolf & Cub" movies on HBOMax's Criterion collection--Maybe I should go back and look at them again before watching this show, as preparation.
lone-wolf-and-cub-1-450x225.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A group of individuals watch the Death Star get blown up on Chapter 9 of The Mandalorian

Amusingly, the Aurebesh text at the bottom of the hologram they're watching says "Little does Luke know that the Galactic Empire has secretly begun construction on a new armored space station even more powerful than the first dreaded Death Star." That's from the opening crawl of Return Of The Jedi. Aurebesh almost always has some meaning when it's seen but I don't remember them using it for an in-joke.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don’t think the author of that article understands what “plot hole” means.
I didn't even read the full article other than to see about the Aurebesh 'joke'. However, my favorite is when someone says there is a plot hole because a character did something the person considers dumb. I assume they are constantly disappointed when they look at the behavior of everyday people in the real world who are constantly making dumb decisions.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They’re saying it’s a plot hole because the text says Luke doesn’t know about the second Death Star right as they’re showing a clip of the battle. Sigh...

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Liked the 2nd episode but not as much as the first one this season. Does anyone else think that Dave Filoni should have gotten co-starring credit for this episode?

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
At the end of the previous episode.
I reviewed the end before posting and I didn’t see him. Can you be very specific? Wait a minute, it’s not the guy standing on the ridge back facing the viewer and then turns to face the viewer? If so, how do we know that’s BF?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks