What's new

Disney+ The Mandalorian (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wow, that was Boba Fett? Finished the episode and not even for a second I thought that person is Boba! :D I thought that's interesting a clone trooper!

By the way what was the relation with that dragon and the Sarlacc? It ate the Sarlacc or something?

Was that R5-D4? You could also see the remains of a burn on top of him supposedly what happened to him in ANH exploding at the beginning.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Had no idea Timothy Olyphant was in it. Last night watched Fargo S4 with him in it. During Mandalorian when he still had his helmet on, I said could be him! :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Terrific start to the season. Excellent storytelling and production value. Timothy Olyphant is a welcome addition. Hope it's a re-occurring role.

I guess olyphant is the go to guy anytime you need a sherif/Marshall etc.

Not bad, didn’t do much to advance the overall story, but that’s ok. I did notice the sound of the Krayt used the ”Original” audio (or at least one of the earlier versions before Lucas rejiggered it for the latest ANH release). Also, is it just me or are they trying to make baby Yoda more cute by adding in more coo-ing sounds?

also who was shooting video of the second Death Star explosion?

also, who did john leguizamo (sp?) play?

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Was that R5-D4? You could also see the remains of a burn on top of him supposedly what happened to him in ANH exploding at the beginning.
Yes and it was, by far, the most important cameo reappearance in the episode. :)

also who was shooting video of the second Death Star explosion?
I assume that one if not many of the Rebel cruisers had unmanned cameras rolling (it happened in WWII) to capture and show the galaxy their victory against the Empire. They would have known that the Imperial propaganda machine would have denied the death of the Emperor and the destruction of the Death Star so having footage of it to let the galaxy know that they're free.

also, who did john leguizamo (sp?) play?
I was surprised to see his name but by process of elimination, he must have been the Abyssin (the cyclops dude) that tried to screw Mando over at the beginning of the episode. I don't know if he was just a voice or in the mask too.

EDIT: I started to answer the Leguizamo question before everyone else but before posting, I went and ate cereal so I was beaten to the punch. :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I assume that one if not many of the Rebel cruisers had unmanned cameras rolling (it happened in WWII) to capture and show the galaxy their victory against the Empire. They would have known that the Imperial propaganda machine would have denied the death of the Emperor and the destruction of the Death Star so having footage of it to let the galaxy know that they're free.

of course I considered that, but might have been slightly more clever if not shown from the exact same angle as ROTJ

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I had to play that scene twice in the arena when Mando was surrounded by Cyclops's henchmen when Baby Yoda knew what was coming next.:laugh: It was so funny to me that I was laughing for more than a minute.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
Gimme the original trilogy and The Mandalorian and it's all I need. Man this is a consistently wonderful show and it always makes me feel like I'm watching Star Wars again. It's new; it's different, and yet IMO it respects the source material better than anything I've seen beyond the original trilogy.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Glad to see R5 survived his bad motivator incident.

Looked like the Cobb Vanth's speeder bike was made out of one of Anakin's old pod racer engines too. Or at least the same model...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
123438481_10157467246031406_5256202628674413879_n.jpg

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar

The above photo is but one reason why The Mandalorian is so great. Now, when I see 3PO wondering in the Tatooine desert and he comes across those long string of bones, I have something new to ponder. When Obi Wan imitates the cry of the dragon to scare off the Raiders, I will forever feel a bigger sense of wonder. IMO The Mandalorian somehow accomplishes this magic without forced fan service. It all feels so natural and respectful to me. It's just wonderful to have this show. I can't express what it means to me. It's been so long.

My sympathies go out to all the Star Wars fans who didn't live long enough to see The Mandalorian. May the Force Be With You.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I believe that the old expanded universe material said that that skeleton was a baby and it looks like Dave Filoni remembered that when they came up with the huge size of the krayt dragon for this episode. Also, they brought back an EU detail of the krayt dragon having a pearl inside it. Filoni might be a bigger nerd than I am.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Enjoyed the show, loved the dragon but I’ve got questions. Are commenters here saying Olyphant (sp) becomes Boba Fett? My wife and I were both under the impression The Mandalorian takes place before any of the movies. How else do we get a baby Yoda otherwise? Is Baby Yoda not Yoda?

BTW, over in the Discovery thread there were complaints of a long time problem being fixed too quickly. And here we get the Sand People and the humans solving their problem rather quickly. Would that the world could work that way.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the show, loved the dragon but I’ve got questions. Are commenters here saying Olyphant (sp) becomes Boba Fett? My wife and I were both under the impression The Mandalorian takes place before any of the movies. How else do we get a baby Yoda otherwise? Is Baby Yoda not Yoda?
Olyphant's character is unrelated to Boba Fett other than that he wore his old armor. Boba Fett is the old guy in the cave that you see at the very end of the episode. Since the prequels established that Boba Fett was a clone of his 'father', he's played by the same actor who played Jango Fett and the clones in the prequels.

The Mandalorian takes place about five years after Return Of The Jedi.

Baby Yoda is another character that is the same species as Yoda but other than that, there's no known connection between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks