What's new

The Mandalorian (2019) - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I liked it. I agree that the best battle strategy would have been to just run away!

It was fun. I laughed seeing those ROTJ creatures on the trees dancing.

I like Bo-Katan I want to see more of her.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

4:13 Jon Favreau says Baby Yoda. I'm never going not to say Baby Yoda again!

I actually forgot to ask. I don't remember season 2. What happened, did the Mandalorian go back and steal Baby Yoda?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I actually forgot to ask. I don't remember season 2. What happened, did the Mandalorian go back and steal Baby Yoda?
The relevant events are actually shown in The Book Of Boba Fett.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Glad the show is back. I thought it was a serviceable, table setting episode. Enjoyed seeing the various environs of Nevarro; certainly fed some of the SW nostalgia. In some ways, the best thing about seeing S03E01 was revisiting the score for the series. I've always liked the music for this show and it was enjoyable hearing some of the familiar refrains.

Didn't the Mandalors realize that a giant crocodile of death inhabited their sacred waters? Seems like someone would have seen something that huge. But I guess you shouldn't ask those sorts of questions on some series. :)

- Walter.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ok I forgot what happened in The Book Of Boba Fett. Why the Mandalorian went back and took a baby?! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I was engaged for the entire episode, as short as it was.

It did feel like a video game, though, when one main quest (Mando getting to the river or whatever to redeem himself) turns into a side quest (to get a droid he trusts) which turns into a side side quest (getting parts). I'm not complaining, but I lost sight of the OG mission a couple times and had to remind myself of the logic to it all. I know all TV shows, books and movies are basically like this when complications and new obstacles hinder our hero; this one just felt REALLY obvious to me.

The beginning battle was fun, but in what universe were humanoids going to hold down a giant monster like that with what is essentially rope? That was beyond silly to me...all nice to look at, but it had me scratching my head.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would think most viewers of THE MANDALORIAN also watched THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT so the events are more clear.

Those who didn't will probably need a refresher course.

It's amazing that BOBA FETT was such a lackluster show that it needed the inclusion of THE MANDALORIAN storyline including CGI of Luke to make it interesting. In other words, and in my opinion, that saved the series.

I have to think back on how well THE MANDALORIAN hid its biggest secret which was revealed in the final moments of Episode One. Disney went to such great lengths to keep that quiet -- so much so that it took toy manufacturers months to make Baby Yoda products available -- one of which sits proudly in my office.

IMG_2433.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Feels like this should be spelled out on the show.

Nevarro being built up was an indicator that some time has passed but I didn't realize that it has been that long. So much so that while it's ridiculous to say, I think Favreau is wrong. Yes, I realize that he writes the show :laugh: but the first two seasons take place over yearS?! There is literally nothing in the show to suggest that. The elapsed time between S2 and Book is definitely more up for grabs but unless we only saw Grogu and Mando's S1/2 adventures every couple of months, I find it impossible that those seasons are told over the span of years.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that anything in Book indicates that it took Boba Fett two years from finding Fennec Shad (in Mando S1) to Mando getting Grogu back (after Mando S2). I can see all of the Tusken stuff and getting the Slave I back taking a couple years but that all took place after Return Of The Jedi/before The Mandalorian.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It did feel like a video game, though, when one main quest (Mando getting to the river or whatever to redeem himself) turns into a side quest (to get a droid he trusts) which turns into a side side quest (getting parts). I'm not complaining, but I lost sight of the OG mission a couple times and had to remind myself of the logic to it all. I know all TV shows, books and movies are basically like this when complications and new obstacles hinder our hero; this one just felt REALLY obvious to me.
I was thinking the same thing while watching.

Nevarro being built up was an indicator that some time has passed but I didn't realize that it has been that long. So much so that while it's ridiculous to say, I think Favreau is wrong. Yes, I realize that he writes the show :laugh: but the first two seasons take place over yearS?! There is literally nothing in the show to suggest that.
Agreed, the first couple seasons supposedly taking place over many years doesn't make much sense to me. And Mando didn't get his new ride until BoBF episode 5 - he went that long without a ship?

Didn't the Mandalors realize that a giant crocodile of death inhabited their sacred waters? Seems like someone would have seen something that huge. But I guess you shouldn't ask those sorts of questions on some series.
All part of the Mandalorian ethos to risk death like that. It is the way. ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Did any fans of Rebels spot the purrgils that Grogu was looking at when they were flying through hyperspace?

I'm guessing that
they're lightly setting up Ezra's return either for later in the season or for it to occur in the Ahsoka show.
Oh yeah. Everyone in my house gasped and squealed when we saw that.

BTW, if Grogu was training with Luke for two years, Grogu should practically be a Jedi master, considering that Luke trained with Yoda for what? A week? Two weeks?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Did any fans of Rebels spot the purrgils that Grogu was looking at when they were flying through hyperspace?

I'm guessing that
they're lightly setting up Ezra's return either for later in the season or for it to occur in the Ahsoka show.
Yes but I forgot exactly where I knew them from. Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward to Ezra's return.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks