What's new

The Mandalorian (2019) - Season 3 (2 Viewers)

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Ahsoka can fix the dark saber too. I wonder if Bo-Katan will take on the mythosaur and ride it into battle at some point like Boba did the rancor.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
it’s not fair to call him Baby Yoda anymore.
True, I call him Baby Fett from now on!

For all the talk about Darksaber, yes everyone is writing it wrong, especially disappointed by Travis! :D
It's not a very impressive thing. It seems it doesn't do much!

Last edited:

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
My son raised a good point: Jango Fett was a Mandalorian foundling, raised to be a Mandalorian. His son Boba Fett is accepted as a Mandalorian. (Din Djarin found Boba’s claim to the armor to be valid.) Jango was the template for all of the Empire’s clones. Does that make the surviving clones Mandalorians? After all, Boba is a clone of Jango, albeit one that aged naturally. Would Rex, the Bad Batch and others be accepted into Mandalorian society?
No.

The clones are totally different from Boba, they were not raised as son's of Janjo.

I also don't think Boba is accepted as a Mandalorian. His claim to the armor was accepted since he is Jango's son. So it was his armor by inheritance, not like he had scavenged it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There were a few moments this season, especially one in the finale, when Din, Bo Katan and Grogu looked like a family. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

mandalorian3x08_1902.jpeg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
There were a few moments this season, especially one in the finale, when Din, Bo Katan and Grogu looked like a family. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

The various shots of the three of them in the Gauntlet definitely gave this impression, especially Grogu's seating arrangements in these shots.

- Walter.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Maybe I'm the only one who is disappointed in this episode and Season 3 in general. About halfway through "The Return," I thought to myself...this should have been Episode 3 or 4 of the season, not the last one. We spent so much time doing all these side quests, it feels like the season is just starting. But, nope, it's over.

There are moments and pieces I enjoyed and appreciated. It looks great, as almost always. (The fact Bo Katan's hair is NEVER messed up after she takes off her helmet will always bug me, though.) I don't have a problem with the acting and even the final scene felt right for this show and character. I just didn't feel anything emotionally. Maybe I need to go back to the season and binge it when I have a few hours.
I missed the lone hero on a quest stories of the first two seasons. I found that while I liked one Mandalorian, a whole village of masked, monotone warriors was less interesting. I saw that star wars fans who have watched and tracked all the Clone Wars cartoons and comics were super enthused about Season 3's references; but details like the "mythosaur" were lost on me a now very casual Star Wars fan.

With the end of Season 3, I was ready to consider that the series finale and not continue watching in Season 4. But the suggestion that the show will return to the duo-adventures of Din and Grogu could take it back to what I enjoyed most of S2 and S1, so maybe I'll continue with Season 4.

Last edited:

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was about to watch Secret Invasion when I noticed that there was a new Gallery episode on the making of The Mandalorian Season 3. So, I am watching that first.

[Now that I've watched it}

It is a lot of fun if you like these BTS pieces. It is about an hour. We hear from the show runners, directors, actors, stuntmen, puppeteers, props makers and costumers. We hear some of the actors tell what it is like to act in a suit without their face showing. Katee Sackhoff talks a lot - contrasting her time from Clone Wars to this. There are some nice anecdotes.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I guess it's now settled whether there will be a season 4 or if it will become a movie.

Great! Won't have to pay for a Disney+ subscription to watch another season. The Mandalorian was the only thing I was watching on it.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I was about to watch Secret Invasion when I noticed that there was a new Gallery episode on the making of The Mandalorian Season 3. So, I am watching that first.

[Now that I've watched it}

It is a lot of fun if you like these BTS pieces. It is about an hour. We hear from the show runners, directors, actors, stuntmen, puppeteers, props makers and costumers. We hear some of the actors tell what it is like to act in a suit without their face showing. Katee Sackhoff talks a lot - contrasting her time from Clone Wars to this. There are some nice anecdotes.
I haven't watched any of the Disney Gallery episodes. In the Mandalorian ones, do you get to see Brendan Wayne?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks