What's new

The Lyon's Den 10/12/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Episode 1.3

So far, I'm liking the show, but surely Jack Turner can't be this boy scout they are portraying him to be?

Ariel is slowly turning the tables on Grant, that was a nice scene. She's a very appealing, flawed character so far.

Brenda Strong's character's come on to Ariel (with Jack looking from a closing elevator door was pretty funny.

Poor George, nothing like conflicting interest to get in the way of making things right with recounciling with the hand that pays you.

Chris White

Second Unit
I couldn't help but notice that Jack had a one-day beard in every scene. Is this a "fashion statement" or don't they realize folks with hi-def can see the whiskers? How would you feel if your $1000 an hour senior partner attorney showed up to a meeting needing a shave?

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
For a senior partner Jack does not seem to be quesitoning much at this firm. I thought he was brought in for credibility to soften the scandel of the partners "apparent" suicide but he seems to be taking most of the orders not like an errand boy and not giving any or demanding much of antyhing. Why he keeps this assistant who ignores him is beyond me.

I also do not know the relationship between the pro-bono outfit and the firm, is it funded by the firm? Is this why they can pull the strings on them?

That being said, the cast is excellent and I think the time is ripe for a good lawyer show as I dropped out of "The Practice" years ago as David Kelley can drive you bonkers with some of his off the wall writing.

I hope they can find the right mix of sleeze and lawyer mumbo jumbo.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the law clinic (pro bono work) is funded by LL&L. Jack used to work in the law clinic until he accepted (begrudgingly) the managing law partner position (a promotion), on the condition that the law clinic stays open.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks