What's new

The Latest from the Apple Rumor Mill (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
It’s everyone repeating Mark Gurman’s rumor from last week that Apple is in early design of a 30” iMac for 2024 or 2025. It was in his previous newsletter

Last edited:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
30"+ iMac rumors are very strong right now. I see them all over the place. Allegedly, coming in 2024.

@Ronald Epstein If you're not subscribed to the (free) Power On newsletter, you should be. I think it's your jam. It's basically the source for all the macinsider and macrumors and rumor video content you're reading.

Subscribe here: https://www.bloomberg.com/account/newsletters/power-on

Apple Has Finally Unveiled the Vision Pro. Here’s What It’s Launching Next
The company is also conducting early work on an iMac with a screen over 30 inches, I’m told.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is interesting

If true, I am happy to hear Apple is going to take its time and perhaps skip a year. This year's ULTRA 2 was almost an exact copy of ULTRA 1 (and the same can be said for the SERIES watches)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The iOS [18] update [next year] also needs to be extra-impressive because the iPhone 16’s hardware won’t have any major advances next year. So Apple is banking on the software to sell people on the new models.

Mark Gurman's newsletter this week is surprising: I thought the rumors were that iPhone 15 were boring and all the new hotness was coming in iPhone 16. But now he's reporting that next year is boring too.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So, THIS rumor is pretty jaw-dropping:

I feel apprehensive about commenting on it because it goes against everything Apple has established so it must be taken with a grain of salt. If remotely true, however, this could also greatly affect their iPad sales.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is interesting and falls in line with a lot of similar reports I have been reading

For the first time, I skipped an iPhone upgrade this past year. As part of the upgrade program, I could have easily upgraded from iPhone 14 to 15 but ultimately decided not to because I felt the changes the 15 offered were minimal.

It seems like it's going to be the same story for the iPhone 16.

I think Apple reached the epitome of what it could do with its current design a few models ago and since then, has been offering incremental updates that mainly involve improved camera, Dynamic Island, and button functions.

Until Apple can get a foldable phone out to market, I don't see any significant changes coming to their phones that will be compelling enough to continue upgrading to.

Of course, everything about the iPhone 16 is still under wraps so there may be some significant surprises in store, but thus far the usual camera and action button improvements are the only features that have surfaced.

Stay Tuned!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I think Apple reached the epitome of what it could do with its current design a few models ago and since then, has been offering incremental updates that mainly involve improved camera, Dynamic Island, and button functions.
Why do you think the Vision Pro was just launched? Or why Apple announced it’s still investing in its EV and plans to release it by 2028?

Robert Saccone

Premium
This hypothesis is probably more on the Vision Pro side of things but I think Apple believes at some point some device or combination of devices will supplant the phone as our main computing device and Apple wants to be sure they are there to have that covered and not end up on the losing side when that happens.

Robert Saccone

Premium
I don’t understand the hype for foldable phones. Sure, they’re half the height but at a cost of being twice as thick with a delicate, failure-prone screen. It just doesn’t compute for me.
A colleague of mine has a foldable Samsung. When it is folding it is a double think long skinny form factor. Unless Apple has some kind o f unique take on this I am with you.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don’t understand the hype for foldable phones. Sure, they’re half the height but at a cost of being twice as thick with a delicate, failure-prone screen. It just doesn’t compute for me.
For the same reason some people are buying Apple Vision Pros. For being first on the block to have the.latest tech toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks