What's new

The last 3D movie you would choose if you couldn’t watch them anymore. (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If you were only able to watch one more 3D movie at home, never to see another again what would it be?

We just ordered a new 4K tv so after this week I won’t have access to 3D so I’m looking through my collection and in the last couple days going to watch a few.

After this coming weekend that’s it for 3D for me.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well I appreciate that but that’s not my option.
What would your answer be to the question of my topic?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Gorilla at Large 3D , if it had ever been releases before Twilight Time went away, but there seems to be possible hope with it possibly making a comeback

what are you doing with your old set, that you wont be able to continue watching, is it still working? there are options to continue to view 3D films.

but honestly mine is a trifecta House of Wax / Creature from the Black Lagoon / Dial M for Murder, if your going to go out go out BIG!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Quite possibly “The Walk” - it’s a good movie in an old fashioned way and the 3D is stunning in all of the sequences involving heights.

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” would be high on the list. Love the movie so much more than the first and I think the 3D is great. (Doctor Strange, the two Ant-Man movies, Thor Ragnarok and the first Avengers and Guardians movies are probably the best from Marvel in terms of 3D quality.)

Runners up:
-Star Trek Into Darkness
-Prometheus
-Tron Legacy
-House of Wax
-Mad Magician
-Star Wars: The Force Awakens
-Journey to the Center of the Earth

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what are you doing with your old set, that you wont be able to continue watching, is it still working?

New tv.
not enough room in the house for two 80” +
TVs.
goingvto try to sell the old tv.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
If you were only able to watch one more 3D movie at home, never to see another again what would it be?

We just ordered a new 4K tv so after this week I won’t have access to 3D so I’m looking through my collection and in the last couple days going to watch a few.

After this coming weekend that’s it for 3D for me.
3D titles are not dependent on active or passive direct-view displays for exhibition.
Head mounted displays like the Cinera Edge Pro is due to be released in early 2021.
Screen Shot.jpg
5K|micro OLED | Dolby Digital Certified |
5.1 Surround Sound Headphone | Android
OS | HDMI 2.0 input | Elegant Design
Supports Blu-ray 3D

I would watch "The Polar Express 3D" / "A Christmas Carol 3D" or "Arthur Christmas 3D" at this time of the year for good 3D-thrilling memories.:cool:

Updated: :thumbsup:
Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 7.48.44 AM.png

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Depends on how I interpret the OP's question. If you mean, if there was one unreleased movie on Blu-ray 3D I would want to see once before giving up my display, knowing I could never see another again (which would make me crazy, as I own 210 of them), I would actually choose a 3D Blu-ray release of Disney's PETE'S DRAGON remake. This was seen in 3D theatrically, but was the one and only (that I know of) Disney 3D title that wasn't released in that format on Blu-ray, even in Europe or Japan. It's a really good movie, almost as good as the JUNGLE BOOK remake, which was available on 3D on Blu-ray.

If I interpret the OP as asking, what single 3D movie would I opt to watch out of my collection if I had to give up all the rest because I no longer had a 3D display, I would go with THE WALK, which was post-converted, but which has the best perceived depth of any disc I own and gives me a truly visceral (even frightening, for this acrophobe) experience. Or LIFE OF PI.

I have recently looked around online for replacements for my LG 65" 3D, 4K, OLED, as mine is over 3 years old and who knows how much more mileage it has, especially in these pandemic times when most of what I spend my time doing is watching movies. The LG displays are still out there on Amazon and eBay, some new, some used, some refurbished. The prices are not much different than they were when I bought mine. But, as a man no longer able to work and having no credit cards anymore, the prospect of replacement is dim.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I guess the first movie 3D I watched at home, and still one of favorites "Guardians of the Galaxy", and I'd follow it double feature style with my favorite Pixar 3D film "Inside Out".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I’m not looking for a list.
The premise is simple.

You lose access to 3D at your home tomorrow.
You can watch one last already available 3D movie from your collection tonight.
What would it be.

One Movie. Not a list. No time to watch more then one movie. Choose One.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks