What's new

The Incredible Mr. Limpet - Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Is there any chance that this film will get reissued as a Special Edition?

Also, does Warners ever plan on releasing it's older snapper titles in proper keepcases? There's so many titles I've been holding off on and I'd gladly double-dip on the few I already have. I'm not talking about upgraded versions of catalogue titles like the new Lost Boys Special Edition or Shawshank Redemption Anniversary Edition... just simply reissues of current film versions with new packaging?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

I would guess not any time soon. The current release is less then 2 years old.

Tho it would be nice if they could get Don Knotts to do a commentary. If he is still alive.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Knotts is alive and well. He's old, but still kicking around.

As for a SE of LIMPET, I wouldn't hold my breath. The film isn't one of Warner's big hits, per se, although it's an enjoyable one.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
An opportunity was really missed with Limpet, Ghost & Mr Chicken, Reluctant Astronaut and others in the 2003 wave of Knotts comedies. At least interviews with Knotts, if not full commentaries, really should have been conducted. The man's not getting any younger.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I agree, and I wish Universal would have packaged them as a proper box set as well since there were only 5 discs and all bearing the same title branding, look and cover art style. It would have made for a perfect Don Knotts Comedy Classics collection and with some interviews and possibly commentary tracks, would've be a terrific little set!

Unfortunately I believe they released 4 of the 5 issues on, from what I've read at Amazon review pages, a single disc in some sort of cardboard packaging!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks