What's new

The HTF Weight Loss Support Group (2 Viewers)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Sam - It looks like you need to work in some more fruit into your diet. I've found that oranges really satisfy my cravings for sweets and fill me up pretty good. The past few days I've been peeling and bagging an orange for work. Then I eat another one later at night. Find some fruit you like and that will help keep you from snacking on junk. (I'm out of oranges...need to buy more. :) )
Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast: 1 shake
Snack: 1 Balance bar
Lunch: 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, 1 cup rice (I ate this before Greg clued me in on the starchiness of rice), 1 orange
Snack: 1 banana
Dinner: 2 grilled hamburger patties (medium) with cheese, 1.5 cups green peas
Snack: 1 orange
Totals:
Calories: 2000 kcal
Calories from Fat: 566 kcal
Carbohydrate: 196 g
Fat (total lipid): 62.4 g
Fiber, total dietary: 25.3 g
Protein: 158 g

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
When I was in the military I was 6' 220 pounds, 8% body fat...benched 400 and ran a 5 mile beach run 4 days a week. I was a beast.

The one fateful day during Desert Storm I broke two cervical vertebrae, no spinal cord damage. My military career was over and the depression kicked in.

For the last 11 years I have done nothing but gain weight....about 145 pounds if you want to get technical.

3 months ago I finally consulted my doctor......she ran me through the ringer and then agreed that Herbalife may be a good option for me as long as I let her monitor my progress bi-weekly.

That was 32 pounds ago. She is pleased with my progress as am I and she has dropped me to bi-monthly visits as I have had no adverse health issues.

Please, don't get me wrong, I am not advocating or "selling" herbalife, it's just working for me.

The biggest thing is, I'm losing weight, feeling better already and already having people notice I am losing the weight.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Bill...two shakes a day, can be for any meal, herbal supplements with every meal, and additional supplements at 10am, 4pm, 30 minutes before you eat, 30 minutes after you eat and at 8pm. And the one meal you do actually eat, you can eat just about anything you want as long as it's healthy. Even then I am eating close to half of what I used to eat and I am completely satisfied.

The biggest thing is that my appetite is so easily satisfied, I no longer get cravings to snack and I don't feel the need to continue eating just because there is food left on my plate.

My wife and I used to both be like a couple stoners on the weekend....MUNCHIES! Must eat everything in sight and must go to the store for more when everything is gone.

No more....our weekends go by without a single craving.

Like I said, it's not for everyone but it's working for us.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
I am trying to build my distances, but I seem to be having a hard time getting over the 5 mile hurdle.
Jeff -- I have had great success with interval training. Currently, I range from 6.2 to 8.0 mph. 3.5 mins at a lower speed, 1.5 mins. at a higher speed. The key is variation, and generally, i listen to what my body seems to be saying.
Within two weeks, I improved my time and distance. Went from 5.5 to 5.8 mph, 3 mi/32 mins. to 6.2 to 8.0, 3.3 mi/30 mins. On occasion, when I feel extra motivated, I will do 5.1 mi. in 45 mins. (6.2 mph to 8.0 mph). The 3.3 mi/30 mins. is what I stick with though when I run. I am trying to get to a 7 minute mile.
Shawn C -- How is your program going?
Bill -- You are in great control. and right on target where sweets are concerned. I am going to have to get some fruits. The problem is, I always feel that I need to wash down my sweets with something salty. :)
Tony -- I was checking out Herbalife. It was unclear. Is it a program? Which product are using? What is your menu/schedule?
Didn't weigh in this morning, but will tonight.
Keep up the good work everyone. :)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Sam, it is a program that we are using, it's official name is Herbalife Thermojetics Green Ultimate
This is our schedule:
Breakfast: Shake, supplements and herbal concentrate
10am: supplements
Lunch: Shake, supplements and herbal concentrate
4pm: supplements
5:30 :supplements
Dinner at 6:00 : Last night we had grilled salmon, grilled mushrooms, small side salad and one all wheat dinner roll.
7:00:supplements
8:00 :supplements
That's basically it....alot of tablets and alot of water everyday.
Due to my neck injury exercise is difficult (meaning painful as hell) right now but I am still doing what I can.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Tony My goodness, that is EXPENSIVE. But I am glad to hear that you are having success. I also neglected to mention that you have my admiration. Best, S.D.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Shawn C -- How is your program going?
I really don't have much of a program going. Since I can't workout yet, I'm just watching what I eat. I still have a soft spot for pasta. I've been drinking nothing but skim milk and water since I started this whole deal. Here is what I have eaten today (Wed May 16th up until 12:41)

Breakfast : Bowl of Honeycomb w/skim milk

Snack : Banana

Lunch : Slim Fast shake with skim milk

I've gone through 1 1/2 bottles of 24oz water.

I will probably grab some grapes around 2-2:30 for an afternoon snack. Dinner, I have no idea yet.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Tony My goodness, that is EXPENSIVE. But I am glad to hear that you are having success. I also neglected to mention that you have my admiration.
Sam, what I failed to mention is that my distributor is a good friend of mine that is just getting started with the system, he offered it to me at his cost if I would be his poster boy.

It was an offer I couldn't refuse plus my Doc okayed it for me.

And thank you for the comments, every boost from every direction helps.

Tony

Shawn C

Screenwriter
That's an aggressive diet, Shawn. Pls. keep us posted
Well, I added dinner last night which included:

Skinless Chicken w/BBQ sauce

Macaroni & Cheese

Baked Beans

French Bread

I had some air-popped popcorn with "I can't believe it's not butter SPRAY" during CSI.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Can't seem to do the morning workout. I still workout nights, though.
May 16
BreakfastSlim Fast
Lunch1 bowl Corn Chowder
Afternoon Munchie1 bowl Corn Chowder
Supper 0.5#s pasta with Vodka Pasta Sauce (From a jar), 2 cobs of corn.
Snacks4 oz. Gummy Bears, 1 stick beef jerky, some almonds (not sure how many).
Evening weight = 181#s

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast: 1 shake
Lunch: 1 grilled skinless chicken breast, 1 cup corn, 1 orange
Dinner: Vegetable/pasta salad (it was mostly vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, asparagus) and tuna with a little pasta and Italian dressing)
Snack: 8 oz fruit shake (fruit and juices with less than 1 scoop sherbet blended together), leftover pasta salad (1 small bowl)
My totals for the day:
Calories: 1960 kcal
Calories from Fat: 614 kcal
Carbohydrate: 206 g
Fat (total lipid): 68.5 g
Fiber, total dietary: 11.6 g
Protein: 133 g
Today I just did not want to get up and exercize. But I was able to pull myself out of bed and get to the gym anyway. I figured if I let myself sleep in "this once" then it wouldn't be the last time.
I weighed in at 238 this morning (down 2 lbs from last week). So unless the scale is slipping, or my body weight is just fluctuating it looks like things are beginning to move along in the right direction. :) It's nice to be able to see some improvement. It helps to keep me motivated.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Sam - If you really want to try the morning workout then I suggest skipping one evening workout and getting to bed early. It might make it easier to get up in the morning. It wasn't easy for me at first either (it's still not that easy). I'm a night owl and don't like mornings. I'm used to staying up late and having bad mornings. In fact I think I actually like that. :) But now I find myself being really tired much earlier at night than I used to and I'm able to fall asleep very fast. I could probably even hit the sack at 8:00pm if there wasn't so much good stuff to watch on TV. :D
I suggest not working out over the weekend at all. Try going to bed a little earlier Sunday night and hitting the gym early Monday morning. Try it for a few days and see how things go.
(Oh, and I'm looking forward to a nice B-B-Q'd Rib Eye stake this evening.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Today I just did not want to get up and exercize. But I was able to pull myself out of bed and get to the gym anyway. I figured if I let myself sleep in "this once" then it wouldn't be the last time.
Oh man, I know what you mean. My problem is, I haven't even woken up to make it to the gym, i.e., still asleep; I swear, I never hear the alarm, and for the last two days, I've had it right next to my head!

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Yesterday's meals:
Breadfast: 1 shake
Lunch: 1 grilled boneless chicken breast, 1.5 cups green beens, 1 orange
Dinner: .75 lbs Rib Eye steak (broiled over coals
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
), 1 medium green salad with Fat Free Italian dressing
Totals:
Calories: 1600 kcal
Calories from Fat: 545 kcal
Carbohydrate: 119 g
Fat (total lipid): 59.6 g
Fiber, total dietary: 15.4 g
Protein: 145 g
Gonna go see Star Wars today...DLP projection! Woohoo!! I'm hoping I can find some kind of healthy snack there for the movie...but I doubt it.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Weekly weigh in....

330# .... only a 3 pound loss this week but considering the fact that I had two different celebrations (cheats) this week I cannot complain....it's still a loss and any loss is a good loss.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Saturday's meals:
Breakfast: 5 pork sausages, 1 piece of french toast, 8 oz orange juice
Lunch: 7 slices of chicken lunchmeat, 1 apple, 1 slice of cheese
Snack: 1 orange
Dinner: Jack in the Box: Sourdough Jack combo meal (just a small fry, medium soda that I didn't finish, and a Sourdough Jack burger)
Snack: half of a medium chocolate banana milk shake
I didn't really intend for Saturday to be my "cheat" day. I went to go see Star Wars and was pretty strapped for time around dinner. I had to grab something fast and I had my son with me. So we made a quick stop in Jack in the Box. I just ordered what looked good instead of stewing over what would be healthiest. Then after the movie we went back and I got my son a medium chocolate banana milk shake. He didn't want to finish it so I drank about half of it. I know there's some other things I ate that day that I don't remember...just some fruit and stuff. I didn't count the calories for Saturday.
Sunday's meals:
Breakfast: 1 grapefruit, 3 eggs, 8 oz raspberry juice
Lunch: 1 apple, (I know there was more but I don't remember what it was)
Dinner: 1 trout, 1 cup corn, small garden salad with Fat Free Italian dressing
Snack: 1 slice watermelon
Again, no calorie counting for yesterday...but it couldn't have been too high. I didn't eat anything high in calories and didn't eat too much all day anyway.
I weighed in again this morning and came in at 235#. That's probably a little off because there's no way I lost 3 lbs over the weekend. I'll keep tracking it during the week and see if it keeps going down.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
great news, Tony! You definitely need to balance your reward days in there... keep up the good work.
Was very busy yesterday; most of what I ate came at the end of the day.
Breakfast - One banana. I have found these surprisingly filling.
Lunch/Dinner - Small bowl of pasta. ~0.75#s.
Snacks - Three Beef Jerkys. 8 Oz. gummy bears. One Danon yogurt with blueberries. 6oz. cottage cheese with pickled beets. This was eaten in one sitting ~ 9:30 pm!
Hanve't weighed in for a couple of days, but will at end of day today. Can't seem to get up in time for morning workouts. Ugh.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Sam-

We typically have one a week....even then it is not a blow out. Just so happened that friday night we hooked up with a friend we have not seen in two months and then the same thing happened yesterday.

So, what did you and Bill start at if you don't mind my asking?

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks