What's new

The HTF Weight Loss Support Group - - Part 2 (1 Viewer)

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Well, I did a search (up to the past 30 days) and couldn't find the former HTF weight loss support group thread. So, I thought I'd start another one for those of us that are in the midst of destroying that pesky little problem we affectionately call "fat."
I've cleaned up my diet considerably. I've eliminated all fast foods. I've cut out a lot of soda (down to one per day) and my main source of drink is water. Already, the changes are noticeable: Clearer skin complexion, my muscles are developing, and my face is slightly thinner. I've found that I don't even need a free day (at least not this week). I'm now more concerned with building a better body than I am with stuffing it with destructive materials (burgers, fries, and other crap).
I also wanted to mention that I have entered the Body For Life challenge (for those that don't know what that is, email me and I'll send you the link to the web site; or you can read the book "Body For Life" by Bill Phillips) and I've completed my first week. 11 more weeks to go.
I can't wait to finish up the next 11 weeks. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
-
I've found that lowering your carbs helps a lot. I'm not talking about a "No carb diet" but I’ve found that there are many places that are very easy to reduce. Like first of all, things like Kool-aid and regular sodas have way too much sugar... Instead I use substitutes such as Crystal-lite and Diet-Soda (I like Pepsi One personally, although Diet-SOBE drinks are awesome!). At first it kinda sucked, but now drinking anything with too much sugar doesn't even taste good. A nice side effect to this is that you don’t loose as much energy. Sugar tents to give you a lot of energy in a short period of time and then leave you tired for the rest of the day… yuck.
I know one thing is fast food… I read somewhere, although I cannot confirm it’s accuracy, that the average American gets half their fat from French fries. So when you go to a fast food place, instead of getting a burger and fries, get two burgers… this *usually* has less fat unless you unload an entire can of mayo on each burger or something.
Another thing is that I’ve found it’s really good to keep up with the vitamins. I like to drink a V8 in the morning, and have a vitamin with dinner. Eat a nice breakfast and you won’t be so hungry for lunch when it’s easy to eat too much.
Also, I know this is the hardest… but NEVER snack in front of the TV. You just loose track. There have been times when I’m watching TV and start out with a full bag of cheeto’s or something and then finish the whole bag… That’s not something I normally do, but it’s just too easy to over-eat snacks and crap when you are watching TV. I’d suggest a few things to help with this. One is you could eat snacks that are more healthy while watching TV like maybe a sliced-peach… or something that requires more effort like sunflower seeds, so you are not just popping them into your mouth without thinking.
But before you start anything, something that is really simply is to just look at the back label on foods before you eat them. You may be surprised to find that there are a lot of things you can easily cut back on without being too intrusive. The other day I was at a 7-11 and I was going to get a Skor-bar… but then I looked on the back and it said it had 20grams of fat. That’s insane. You should try and keep your daily intake at 30 or less grams, or at LEAST avoid stupid things like that skor-bar that are obviously going to put you over. I’ve been surprised on more than one occasion just how much fat some things contain. I used to eat a lot of Chile till I read it had like 600calories and 13grams of fat… and worse yet I think that was only for one serving and there were two servings in the can… I don’t know about you but I always eat the entire can.
The basic rule I’ve figured, is that if you make your “diet” a pain in the butt for yourself, you are going to stop doing it, so what’s the point. Don’t “go on a diet” but instead, just be aware of what you are eating. Doing simple things like drinking Diet-soda and not eating too many things that are totally loaded with fat or calories isn’t that hard. For me at least, I now like diet soda better, and I’ve found enough cool new food that It doesn’t hurt to avoid the occasional skor-bar or can of chile.
Last tip, Mustard doesn’t have any calories, and doesn’t have any fat. So if food tastes a little bland, don’t be afraid to slap some extra mustard on there. Try using more mustard and less mayo on things like hamburgers, and, well, I’ve found a whole lot of things that mustard tastes good with. ;) And on that note, try If you can to keep your potassium intake above your sodium intake. Excessive sodium intake can raise your blood pressure. Bananas are good.
What I’ve said above is what I follow on a daily basis, but I’m not going to lie and say that it’s a miracle diet. I’m rather “Big”, and I have to admit I sit on my ass pretty much all day. What this diet HAS done is kept me from gaining even more weight. If I can live the ultimate couch-potatoe lifestyle and not gain any more weight, then I’m sure someone who actually tries to do some exercise will find lots of success with this method. I try and walk a little when the weather is good, but I’d suggest not walking alone. When I do get around to walking, I always take the dog, seems to make things a little easier and less lonely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks