What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
First trailer for this show, a TV series adaptation of Margaret Atwood's dystopian 1985 novel just dropped today:

Stars Elisabeth Moss (from Mad Men), Joseph Fiennes, Ann Dowd, Yvonne Strahovski, Samira Wiley, and Alexis Bledel.

The Handmaid's Tale was relevant social commentary when Atwood wrote it, and it's very relevant now. I hope this is good, but fuck, am I depressed about that basic fact of its existence.

The renewed attention for this title has to be a mixed blessing for Atwood. On the one hand, the material has returned as a powerfully-on-point critique of a horrifying resurgent trend in repressive conservatism. On the other hand, she has to be thinking, I warned you fuckers about this thirty goddamn years ago; what the fuck is wrong with you??

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I don't know if I can take another season of this despair!

It truly is a show you hate to watch, but it's just so well done in it's relentlessness. But remember that Atwood says there is nothing in her book that isn't or hasn't already been happening somewhere in the world. Shudder.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also just realized after I hit "post" that this was the original thread for this show, and not the subsequent thread from months later that went much, much longer (it's the first one that popped up on a Google-search, and I'd totally forgotten about it). :D

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I have watched the first 3 episodes of season 2 and they are up to the same standard as season one.Truly the very best of the best as far as TV series go. A flawless masterpiece.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Slayer
Recent bookmarks