1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Handmaid's Tale Season 3 (Hulu)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mattCR, Jun 5, 2019.

1. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt
    Season 3 of Handmaid's tale has been released on Hulu today

dpippel likes this.
  2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    No love for The Handmaid's Tale on HTF, I guess. I think it's a remarkable series, that they've kept interesting beyond the first season, which was basically the novel. It is difficult material, though. Not much of a reprieve from the grim subject matter.

3. GlennF

GlennF Second Unit
    Supporter

Glenn Frost
    I thought the first season was amazing! Season two I found some episodes dragged. Will definitely give Season 3 a shot. Starts tonight in Canada.

4. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    Gonna be starting Season 3 shortly, here — on an out-of-state trip right at the moment, but will be hitting “play” on these probably the very same day we get back.

5. JohnRice

John
    I think it's a spectacular show. I'm not new to the story, having read the novel 10-12 years ago. Maybe I'll revisit it. I think it's steadily gained steam with each season. Far from "dragging", I thought season 2 got down into the grimy dirt of the whole situation. It was outright brutal at times, also bringing in some topical issues that probably puts off some viewers. So far, season 3 has continued to crank it up, as far as I'm concerned. The character of Lawrence (Bradley Whitford) is especially intriguing to me. And, of course, Emily (Alexis Bledel) is the real surprise of the series.

joshEH likes this.
  6. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    Well I thought the third season was pretty uneven, until the last few episodes anyway. But the finale was great.

7. JohnRice

John
    I agree. Too much time spent with Elisabeth Moss glaring at the camera. They just dropped Emily the entire second half of the season, until the end of the final episode. But... the uneasy ambiguity of Commander Lawrence made for a good bit of enduring suspense. The turn of events for the Waterfords was a great idea, that I think might have been mishandled a bit. June's turns to the dark side were also good.

I know a lot of people seemed to dislike the second season, but I thought it was awesome. It really took off the gloves and got it's nasty on. I know it was probably too relentlessly grim for most people.

Greg.K likes this.