What's new

The Great Dictator box art very cool indeed (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Very nice.

The frame is authentic, too. It would be funny to see a frame of The Great Dictator on modern stock (complete with DTS and Dolby Digital tracks).

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Please tell me they aren't putting these in oddly-shaped packaging. I don't care for that at all.

EDIT: Oh wait, this isn't the standard release is it? This is one of those fancy collectable set thingies, right? Whew!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The normal 2-disc set is in the standard gatefold case WB is using for their 2-disc sets.

Knowing how the art is usually elaborate, we can expect some really fine designs...

One thing I'd like to see is have disc one have Chaplin as the Jewish Barber and disc two with Hynkle (mirroring the dual roles in the film)

The area behind the two plastic hub rectangles could have the great shot of Hynkle's office.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
This looks to be the French cover art (click for specs - in French):

To be released next month BTW.....

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
That looks cool indeed as well. Thanks Mark for the French version. je bent ook overal lol
:D

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
:D And the French version has Dutch subtitles too, Oscar.....
I'm not sure whether to upgade though. Does anybody know if the "The Tramp and the Dictator" documentary is any good?

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
It's excellent. Some of the interviews are a bit overdone (about half the people interviewed obviously view Charlie Chaplin as being slightly above God Himself) but that's to be expected. Gives a lot of background on both of them (i.e., Chaplin and Hitler) in a relatively short time. There's also some fascinating behind-the-scenes stuff shot in color by Sydney Chaplin (IIRC).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks