What's new

The Good Wife - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It is all falling apart, but it's delicious how it is breaking apart at the seams, and now you understand how this is going to go.. the forced push out here tells us we are definitely heading into new territory, there is very little going back, especially not that the old firm is basically toast.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What a spectacular start to the season! I was blown away by episodes 2 & 3. The Bit Bucket, about the NSA, showed anew The Good Wife's uncanny ability to write about computers, technology, and current events. But not content merely with zeitgeist, they launch new season-reaching events, with the NSA doing a 3-hop investigation into the governors office. And the third: taking a story with potential to offend everyone, surrogacy and abortion, was played deftly. By leaving out the story's conclusion, it allowed me to sympathize more strongly with both sides. It also hinted at the fact that sometimes Alicia can coast on a trivial case ( representing the family rather than Surrogate, properly)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Great start to the season. Five years in and this show just seems to get better, It would be a shame if it got cancelled at the end of this year but I hope the creators are given enough notice whatever happens.

The show also happens to have some of the best written and compelling female roles going and Im surprised it doesn't get more attention for it!!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
I kind of want to skip ahead to Oct 27th now.
Boom! The end of tonight's episode looks to lead right into it. I don't know if I really wanted to see all those scenes from next week.

Meanwhile, Elspeth was great as always.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Simon-

I would agree. If ever there was a show that put women in power roles and gave them real purpose, this is it. Tonight's episode was fantastic; the cabal, Diane outing them.. just everything. The entire episode was sensational from beginning to end. Was Kalinda telling the truth in the depot? Who knows... and that small bit up "is it real or.." makes the show so much better.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Very strong episode. Kurt McVeigh is right up there with Ron Swanson among my favorite hard-right TV characters. Loved the understated way the marriage was handled.

And Carrie Prestion shows why she won the Emmy.

NolanJ

Second Unit
I'm thinking maybe the Governor withdraws his appointment of Diane as judge if he finds out he rated out Alicia.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Alicia should have stuck with her instincts and not tried to get the files using her partnership access.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A stupendous episode from beginning to end. Elspeth's presence is always a plus, and the drama about the new firm's formation just continued to build throughout the hour. And once Diane knew, would she tell?

The show is on fire this year. I wish the ratings were better. I fear this may be the last season.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What an episode!The 4th years should have left weeks ago. Waiting for bonuses was penny-wise, pound-foolish.And I don't think Diane leaves. She was okay until she Alicia attacking the Lockhart name. Now she's coming back to fight.I don't know what this does to Alicia.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Alicia is still the wife of the guv'nah, so she'll land on her feet, the other 4th years, who knows...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. That might have been the most breakneck hour of television I've seen in my entire life. A roller coaster from start to finish. Lots of plot threads seeded.

Judging by the Season Five trailer at the end of the episode, it looks like the show's going to dual-track between Lockhart/Gardner and Florrick/Agos.

Peter made a gut decision that he didn't want the woman who fired his wife to be his state supreme court nominee. In doing so, he just made his wife an enemy she really didn't need, and ensured continuity of leadership at the top of Lockhart/Gardner.

This promises to be one hell of a ride.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I felt like a ping pong ball being bounced back and forth across a table for an hour. What a whirlwind episode! Of course, it was over before it started, and I wanted to see the next three or four episodes right then!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, this ranks as one of the most enjoyable hours of TV I've seen in a long time. I had other shows I sometimes watch first, but this week it was The Good Wife live.. and I didn't regret it. Kept me on the edge of my scene and it was wild. I loved every moment of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks