What's new

The Good Place - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Michael's suit during the giraffe-attack deserves its own Emmy.

Also, Janet begging for her life. ("I got tickets to Hamilton next week! And they said Daveed Diggs may be coming back!!") And those puns were like an entire season’s worth of Bob’s Burgers opening-credits gags and "Burgers of the Day" condensed into a single, glorious episode.

Oh, and if there's not a band called "Busty Alexa" formed in the next week, we have failed as a species.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The chowder-fountain, a.k.a., "hot ocean milk with dead-animal croutons."
From Schmear to Eternity
You Do the Hokey Gnocci and You Get Yourself Some Food
Lasagne Come Out Tomorrow
Knisch From a Rose
Beignet and the Jets
And of course the all-time great, Hot Dog on a Stick...on a Stick.

My S.O. mentioned that they missed an opportunity to put "Low-Cal Calzone Zone" as one of the restaurants. Maybe that's in the real Good Place?

And as much as I personally would like to try it, a rousing round of Cones of Dunshire would probably be a pretty effective torture for this group.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was basically just five characters sitting in a room talking. And I loved it.

Tahani's death was the ultimate karmic justice. I've got to believe that Kamilah will end up in the Bad Place some day, too, though.

They need to make Tiya Sircar a series regular, already. Every scene of Vicky's needy attention-seeking is pure gold.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Even with their knowledge of what's going on, Tahani managed to be tormented by her unquenchable need to be the best. Jason is my favorite. I look forward to every bone-headed statement (which sometimes have more than a speck of wisdom in them).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm pleasantly surprised by the show at this moment. I had doubts about season 2 but at the moment the story is very original and could go beyond a simple comedy.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
upload_2017-10-20_19-18-18.png

3zvl61siqwsz.png

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I think even Michael's presents are tortures:

- Jason's Pikachu-balloon immediately popped;

- Eleanor's shrimp-dispenser has an awful mystery flavor she can't stop eating, which will make her fat (which is confirmed to be a thing in the afterlife, thanks to Michael's stress-eating) in an episode where she couldn't stop bragging about how hot she is;

- Tahani's diamond will amplify her worst character traits, especially her shallowness, and:

- Chidi's replica-notebook, even though we didn't get to see inside it, we know to contain some "strange" doodles. Most likely, looking inside the notebook would have given Chidi some unwarranted misgivings about the teachings of Kant.

I wrote a high school term-paper on Kierkegaard. When I visited Copenhagen, I sought out his statue.

I would totally pay real money to see Chidi's three-hour-long rap musical about Kierkegaard.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I laughed out loud several times during this week's episode. And the ratings have now eclipsed Superstore which wasn't the case last season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks