What's new

The Fox Five Star Collection- List? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I've found these Fox discs to be some of the better SE's (OK with the expection maybe of Sound of Music)-- and have decided that I'd like to own them all. Is there a list somewhere of which titles have gotten the 5 star treatment?

I think I have almost all of them (and the ones I don't have I have accounted for, and planned to purchase)--but wondered if this is a complete list:

Have:
The Sound of Music
The French Connection
Independence Day
The Abyss
Die Hard

Need:
M*A*S*H
Cleopatra
Speed

Are these 8 titles the only 5 star titles?

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Aren't some of these going out of print soon?
Sound of Music is,
don't know about the others.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Vince, I think you've listed 'em all, except I don't think The Abyss is part of the list. I think that one pre-dated the Five Star moniker (as evidenced by its non-anamorphic transfer).

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
Yeah, The Abyss is a 2-discer but it doesn't bear the 5-Star label. There really aren't too many of these things out there.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Gotcha. I guess maybe I was thrown off by the silver case (looks like Amazon.com was as well, they list it as a 5 star title).

-Vince

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
POTA will be a 5 star if rumors hold
Patton is not a 5star, but I wouldn't be suprised if the 2disc was reissued with some more extras as such at some point

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Unless it's in a silver chromium (rainbow reflective) covered box with a big honking "5-star Collection" at the top it's not a 5-star

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Paul, see what Jeff said. Moulin Rouge is not a 5-star. There is a certain criteria for a title to get the 5 Star treatment, huge box office success (Die Hard, Speed, ID4...etc) and or classic back catalogue (Sound of Music..etc).

Dan

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
Paul, see what Jeff said. Moulin Rouge is not a 5-star. There is a certain criteria for a title to get the 5 Star treatment.
I could have sworn I saw something about 5-Star on the packaging, or on one of the menus. Being a new title, I assumed that the aesthetic requirements would be forgone to make the disk a more viable commercial release. Or something like that. :D

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Like Jeff said, if it were 5 Star, it would be blatantly obvious. The banner, the style of the cover, the dual silver alpha case....etc.

Dan

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Patton is not a 5star, but I wouldn't be suprised if the 2disc was reissued with some more extras as such at some point
I would be. At least, I expect it would be missing the complete Jerry Goldsmith score the original 2-disc release had. Glad I picked up a copy after it went OOP without going broke.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I think the coming soon titles are:

Planet of the Apes
True Lies
Alien (or was it Aliens?)

Oddly, 2 out of the 3 were released in boxed sets already.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks