What's new

The Fog (scream factory) Disc Rot? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Anyone else's stopped working I tried mine last night its only been watched twice bought new when it first came out & it no longer plays at all. It always stops before it even starts the warning logos.

I can play Prince Of Darkness, Halloween2, Halloween3 all Scream Factory editions but the Fog looks like its possibly rotted as the disc looks perfect I can view the contents but it refuses to play any longer. Tried 2 different BD players same result.

Please can someone check theirs to see if its the same issue or not.

For me it matters little as I live in UK I have to order another copy from amazon as its only sold in the US :rolleyes:

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Ok thanks for checking guys I have already ordered a replacement from the US the downside to not being able to order certain titles in the UK they will not replace faulty discs :( if the replacement rots however they will be getting both back from me !

This is the first bluray I have ever owned which stopped playing :(

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Just want to update this as I got my replacement from amazon (which I had to buy again as I live in UK not US). It refused to play as well so I did some more investigation.

Something on this Disc does not like the PC I was trying to play it on (despite it playing fine twice last year) so in the end I had to give up & not watch it on that PC despite it being set to Region A only it refused to play & stopped everytime in the same place with an error about Content protection. Yet PC #2 with the exact same BD drive model played just fine immediately. All software up to date etc etc HDCP enabled Displays with either HDMI or DisplayPort cable so all digital HDCP approved chain.

I can only conclude that its linked to the HDCP scheme but I can play the following Shout Factory Region A only BD's just fine everytime which makes this such a weird/obscure issue!

Halloween2
Halloween3
Prince Of Darkness
Night Of The Demons 1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks