What's new

The Flash - season 1 (1 Viewer)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
It was a slow burn until the last 15 minutes but it was a GRAND season finale.

I was a little disappointed when Eobard mention he was only 136 years from the future.

I was excepting him to say at least "436 years".

In the comics Eobard is from the 25th century.

I jump out of my chair when Jay Garrick's helmet flew out of the wormhole.

It would be cool if John Wesley Shipp would have a duo role as both Henry Allen and Jay Garrick from Earth-2.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That was an exciting and mostly satisfying episode. But two details confused me:

Why was Thawne released to return to the future? He's never shown himself to be trustworthy. Just the previous episode he was trying to kill Barry. If this time travel was a good solution, if he really had reversed his position...he would have suggested it rather than always attacking. And this was proven out when he tried, again, to kill Barry at then end. The solution seemed simple: kill Thawne in his chamber and be done with it. Then go back in time or not.

Why did Future Flash wave off current flash? The show has established that time is not a predestined loop. So Future Barry would not know what Present Barry is doing or its consequences.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Why did Future Flash wave off current flash? The show has established that time is not a predestined loop. So Future Barry would not know what Present Barry is doing or its consequences.

Perhaps Future Flash had seen an alternate timeline,where current Flash's saving his mother led to a tragic sequence of events, i.e. Flashpoint.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
I wonder if the shot of Barry in jail is a possible nod to "The Trial of the Flash" story from early 80's.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Richard V said:

Perhaps Future Flash had seen an alternate timeline,where current Flash's saving his mother led to a tragic sequence of events, i.e. Flashpoint.
Could be :)

Might even be he's run the loop twice: Saved the mom. Things were worse. Did it again and let her die to restore the timeline. And sees another younger Flash and waves him off knowing no good would come of his involvement.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
ponset said:
It was a slow burn until the last 15 minutes but it was a GRAND season finale.

I was a little disappointed when Eobard mention he was only 136 years from the future.

I was excepting him to say at least "436 years".

In the comics Eobard is from the 25th century.

I jump out of my chair when Jay Garrick's helmet flew out of the wormhole.

It would be cool if John Wesley Shipp would have a duo role as both Henry Allen and Jay Garrick from Earth-2.

I fully agree with you about the timeline and Eobard being just 136 years into the future. The writers TOTALLY messed that one up big time. Just standard logic indicates he is from at least the 25th century or about 400 years. His technology that was from the future was at least that far ahead and if they think a mere 136 years we could come close to that now in real life they are delusional and know nothing about our science in real life. To me, this was huge glaring hole in the script.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The Flash seems to be pulling out all the stops. What is next? Dr. Fate? Hawkman?

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
HAWKMAN is slated to appear on DC Legends of Tomorrow series.

He hasn't been cast.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The white circle is step in the right direction. I hope they continue to nudge it closer to the traditional look with the color being more red and less maroon.

Boy does that picture really emphasize that Grant Gustin needs to bulk up his chest a bit. I mean, come on, he's in his early to mid twenties and has the schedule and means of an actor. Bulk, man, bulk! ;)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Keiynan Lonsdale will play Wally West

The role will be a series regular for season two. Like the rest of the West family on the show, Wally has been reconceived as an African American. Presumably he'll be Joe's nephew and Iris's cousin, unless his introduction is part of the timeline hijinks that was at the center of the season finale.

Hopefully they bring back Malese Jow as Linda Park, since she's destined to be Wally's wife someday.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Pretty cool promotional photo of the new Jay Garrick Flash:

Flash_S02_001.png

With the exception of the gloves and the fact that the lightning bolt on his chest is an outline instead of a solid yellow, it's a remarkably faithful translation of the costume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks