What's new

The Equalizer 3

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The movies have been OK, but what would be more exciting would be the original TV series on blu-ray.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think Denzel's gettin' too old for this ****.

He should be cast as Roger Murtaugh in a new Lethal Weapon movie. :D

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Synopsis

Since giving up his life as a government assassin, Robert McCall (Denzel Washington) has struggled to reconcile the horrific things he’s done in the past and finds a strange solace in serving justice on behalf of the oppressed. Finding himself surprisingly at home in Southern Italy, he discovers his new friends are under the control of local crime bosses. As events turn deadly, McCall knows what he has to do: become his friends’ protector by taking on the mafia.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I think Denzel's gettin' too old for this ****.
One of the interesting things about "The Equalizer" in all of its incarnations is that McCall is always a mature character. He (or she) lived an entire life as Felix Leiter essentially, and the work as the Equalizer serves as a sort of penance for that shadier aspects of that prior service.

I do wonder how many people will be willing to go to theaters for an Equalizer movie when they've got new Equalizer TV episodes every Sunday night now.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
FufdQsvWcAI1tiN

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I, for reasons even unknown to myself, absolutely love these movies. My guilty pleasure movies I guess.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
A throwback, the Italian mafia is back rather than the more popular Russian mafia of the last couple decades. Looks very much in line with John Wick.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
One of the interesting things about "The Equalizer" in all of its incarnations is that McCall is always a mature character. He (or she) lived an entire life as Felix Leiter essentially, and the work as the Equalizer serves as a sort of penance for that shadier aspects of that prior service.

In the UK, prior to appearing in The Equalizer, Edward Woodward appeared in the series Callan. He played the title character, an agent of the UK's Security Service, who was a right nasty son-of-a-bitch. I always liked to think that David Callan grew a conscience, changed his name to Robert McCall, and tried to make up for all the crap he'd done in his earlier life. "Penance" as you aptly put it.

The other thing that made The Equalizer (the original TV series) different was that McCall rarely resorted to violence. He tended to beat the assholes he went after by out-thinking them rather than out-fighting them.

I have both of the Denzel movies on the shelf, but have never gotten around to watching them. I should correct that. Fuqua's movies can be hit or miss.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The other thing that made The Equalizer (the original TV series) different was that McCall rarely resorted to violence. He tended to beat the assholes he went after by out-thinking them rather than out-fighting them.

I have both of the Denzel movies on the shelf, but have never gotten around to watching them. I should correct that. Fuqua's movies can be hit or miss.
That wouldn't fly with today's movie audiences.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks