What's new

The Downfall of HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really don't mean to sound like i'm coming from a bad place because lord knows the holacaust is nothing to joke about but that was damn funny!

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That was hilarious!

I think this just ruined one of the most powerful scenes in recent years for me -- I will never be able to get thru the movie without thinking about this aaaaargh :D

--
H

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I was gasping for air, I was laughing so hard.

Anyone know where I can download that? YouTube is just streaming video, right?

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Brilliant. I had no idea what I was getting into when I clicked the link in the first post. Thank goodness for the subtitles since I watched it as work. Funny stuff. Damn you Microsoft!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Seems to be a bit of a fad, re-working Downfall -- I've previously seen two different ones dealing with English football, one taking the piss out of Sheffield Utd, who got relegated but were whinging about West Ham fielding two players who had irregularities with their contracts and with their contributions barely avoided relegation, and another about Tottenham's continued failure to get the better of their North London neighbours Arsenal.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
It's okay - the section of the movie in question is purely about military matters; it is unconnected to the Holocaust.

Resubtitling, if not over-used, can be applied across many situations to comic effect. E.g. a few years ago the Brit comedian Victoria Wood did a hilarious re-subtitling of a piece of Italian opera in which the (rather plump) heroine is supposedly singing about how the local store had sold out of jeans in her size. Haven't seen the reworkings Yee-Ming is referring to, but will look out for them (not a big football fan, but a colleague is, and he'll probably find it amusing).

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator

lol no kidding, I rented it just because of YouTube clip. Never knew about it til then.

Great movie too, glad I did.

Ray

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks