What's new

The COVID Vaccination Thread (2 Viewers)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
At the moment, I'm frustrated AF that I can't get a 4th COVID Vaccine shot, as i don't meet the Health Ontario COVID Vaccine guidelines for their arbitrary 60+ (I'm 58) benchmark! We've both just past the 6 month mark since getting our first boosters, and I now face waning immunity! Also, my wife, who is qualified for a 2nd booster, won't get a 4th shot, either.

I'm feeling really helpless and hopeless, right now! :(

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sorry to hear it. My father passed up a 2nd booster a couple times this spring, but finally got it this past weekend. My mother got hers a week ago, and I got mine last month. My step-father's a holdout, and would probably fare the worst of us if he's infected, but what are ya gonna do?

There's nothing more stubborn than teenagers and senior citizens.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What about hopping across the border for a booster shot? I've not followed matters too closely, but believe the border is somewhat back to normal and I don't see why you'd have difficultly scheduling a booster somewhere over here.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What about hopping across the border for a booster shot? I've not followed matters too closely, but believe the border is somewhat back to normal and I don't see why you'd have difficultly scheduling a booster somewhere over here.
Can't afford to travel, especially with the high gas prices. Just have to wait it out, much as that sucks.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Can't afford to travel, especially with the high gas prices. Just have to wait it out, much as that sucks.
Plus, would I also have to pay a fee for a COVID booster shot in the U.S, as I'm not a citizen or resident?

My only other "option" would be to travel to Quebec where any age (Under 5s, notwithstanding!) can get 2nd boosters, but this is a good several hundred miles east of where I live! Not happening!

F*** Ontario and their stupid 60+ age requirement for 2nd boosters, UGH!!

CHEERS! :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Plus, would I also have to pay a fee for a COVID booster shot in the U.S, as I'm not a citizen or resident?

My only other "option" would be to travel to Quebec where any age (Under 5s, notwithstanding!) can get 2nd boosters, but this is a good several hundred miles east of where I live! Not happening!

F*** Ontario and their stupid 60+ age requirement for 2nd boosters, UGH!!

The requirements are pretty loosey-goosey down here. I've never really been asked for any ID or proof of anything when I've been getting my shots. I guess you usually do have to fill out a form with your address, so that might raise a flag if they actually looked at the form and saw the address in Canada. Not sure how that works, exactly.

Odd that different provinces would have such different rules on boosters.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The requirements are pretty loosey-goosey down here. I've never really been asked for any ID or proof of anything when I've been getting my shots. I guess you usually do have to fill out a form with your address, so that might raise a flag if they actually looked at the form and saw the address in Canada. Not sure how that works, exactly.

Odd that different provinces would have such different rules on boosters.
It's a pain in the neck, but probably not much different from your varied State by State laws, I'm guessing.

Ontario probably won't loosen the 2nd booster vaccine restrictions before fall, I've been told. Until then, it's a hard 60+ unless you meet other certain criteria, which was determined I do not, sadly.

At least with my vaccine cocktail, efficacy for my 3 shots of different types is considered roughly equivalent to 4, otherwise. In any case, this is what I am stuck with, for the time being.

Last edited:

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
My wife wanted to get her 2nd booster prior to going down to NYC next month, so I finally went and got my 2nd too (All Pfizer for my shots)

Oddly my first booster back in October was the one that I had the most reaction too (a little lethargic and mild fever for about a day, along with a pretty sore arm). My first two shots I was pretty sore but no other reaction.

With this one my arm is just a little sore but only right at the injection site, not nearly as bad.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The under 5s are now eligible too! Setting aside that it took them well over a year to decide how much less of the same vaccine to give to smaller humans (seems like it shouldn’t take that long), it’s nice to know that at least it’s now available.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The under 5s are now eligible too! Setting aside that it took them well over a year to decide how much less of the same vaccine to give to smaller humans (seems like it shouldn’t take that long), it’s nice to know that at least it’s now available.
Hopefully, Canada won't be too far behind in extending vaccine eligibility for the under 5s!

Meanwhile my son and I both got our 2nd COVID Vaccine Boosters just a bit before 2PM this afternoon. Pretty good considering we only became eligible late this morning! :)

This picture was taken just outside the Western Fairgrounds Agriplex where we had just got our 2nd boosters! We only had to wait 5 minutes after our jabs since we each had at least 2 previous mRNA vaccine doses without experiencing any severe side effects.
IMG_20220713_190413.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We only had to wait 5 minutes after our jabs since we each had at least 2 previous mRNA vaccine doses without experiencing any severe side effects.
Yeah, they got pretty blasé about the 15-minute waiting period here by the time boosters rolled around. With both boosters, they said I could wait if I wanted, but they were not requiring it if you'd had no issues with prior shots.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
When my wife and I dropped into our local pharm for our second boosters, we didn't have quite enough time (it was close to closing time) as we needed to stick around for 15-30 minutes to make sure we didn't have any bad reactions. When we went back a couple of days later, we got our boosters, and then left right away. I suppose that when she heard our reactions to our previous shots were pretty much non-existent, she figured we were good to go right away.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hopefully, Canada won't be too far behind in extending vaccine eligibility for the under 5s!

Meanwhile my son and I both got our 2nd COVID Vaccine Boosters just a bit before 2PM this afternoon. Pretty good considering we only became eligible late this morning! :)

This picture was taken just outside the Western Fairgrounds Agriplex where we had just got our 2nd boosters! We only had to wait 5 minutes after our jabs since we each had at least 2 previous mRNA vaccine doses without experiencing any severe side effects.
View attachment 144586

Today, I've been feeling very tired and have a bit of soreness around my injection site, but I'm OK otherwise. Our son was only able to work for part of his scheduled 1/2 day today, as he was experiencing lightheadedness and nearly got sick. His muscle aches that he sometimes experiences didn't help matters. Should be better tomorrow, hopefully!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
4th shot done.

Basically, spontaneously decided to get 2nd booster and did a walk-in at Target. They weren't booked and did it on the spot. With the prospect of Omicron (BA.1) boosters this Winter, I decided to stop waiting on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks