Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
So far, the recommended (mostly) over the counter medications have kept the worst side effects at bay. I did turn in early last night, as I was feeling extra tiredness, which seems to be common with the Moderna vaccine. This morning, I'm also noticing just a bit of soreness in my left deltoid muscle, but nothing severe.

Most importantly, the unofficial 2 week countdown to full vaccination protection has begun! I'm thinking since I got my 2nd dose at 11:53 AM yesterday, I'll round it up to High Noon on July 2nd as my (Again, unofficial!) "Vaccination Emancipation!"

CHEERS! :)
Of course, as our son was the last to receive his 2nd dose 2 days ago, the Bensley Family's unofficial full vaccination emancipation will be July 7th at 10 AM! :)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Had my 2nd dose (Moderna) a couple evenings ago. Knocked me out somewhat most of the day yesterday w/ a (very) low grade fever and some body aches, but not enough to stop me from going out for my daily walk (in ideal weather) and a bit of supermarket errand though... plus plenty of chicken noodle soup(!)... :cool:

My oldest, who had been dealing w/ depression and not stepping outside at all, finally also got her 1st dose last week, so our family will all be fully vax-ed before long...

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
To repeat from the other thread to make sure it's seen in both threads:

We need to stop with the fearmongering. These threads are meant to help and encourage people.

Otherwise, we'll just close the threads. They've been pushed way beyond the stated goals the past six months. They may have run their course.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
These threads have lasted longer than expected. And the past six months moderation has been much more hands off. But they’re again starting to get taken over by negativity and veering towards politics.

Please keep to the thread topic. Violations will can result in immediate thread bans or more.
(Copy from other thread, but same rules and intent have always applied.)
<Moderator Hat on>

I'm going to be more direct and more "inside baseball" than is typical for the moderation staff, in hopes that in this unique situation, I can keep threads that I and others personally appreciate open longer.

We've got three or so COVID-19 / coronavirus threads going. These, in my opinion, are great to have. I find them interesting and useful and provide good information in a largely positive and encouraging manner. I think I'm not alone in this.

But HTF has its no-politics rule, and for good reason. And people are starting to bring more politics more frequently to these threads. I get it. This is a pandemic. It's a national emergency. And politics are deeply entwined in our personal, local, state, and federal responses. Politics is very tangled up in the conversations and the information flow.

But not in HTF. Not if we want to keep these threads open.

And I've got a crazy work schedule right now due to the crisis so I'm not "pulling my weight" right now in keeping on eye on these threads.

So, please, keep the politics out of HTF threads. Find another space in your life to process that side of it.

If you can't, these threads will get shut down. And don't misunderstand this as a moderator schism: I will supporting shutting them down. And don't take this as a way to get a thread locked you don't like: bad actors are at risk of thread or even forum bans for making making life even more difficult during an already very difficult time.

Thanks you for your help in keeping some good threads and helpful conversations going!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Congrats, Tony. I'd say it's time for a celebratory outing.
Late this morning, I took a walk through Victoria Park for the first time in at least 16 months. I kept my mask on except for when I sipped out of my Apple Juice drink box to prevent a blood sugar low!

The 1st 2 photos were taken at High Noon! :)
IMG_20210702_120048150_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20210702_120054204_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
IMG_20210702_120421490.jpg

Unfortunately when I attempted a selfie with my mask semi removed it nearly blew away, so I had to abort that!

Kiev7385

Grip
Real Name
Stephen
I received the Moderna variant of the COVID-19 vaccination today. As a frontline worker it was offered almost immediately. It should be noted that I am generally not a fan of vaccinations. I've never even had a flu shot and I've also never had the flu. In this case however, I felt it was my societal obligation as even asymptomatic individuals can potentially transmit the virus to other individuals, some of whom may be high risk.

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss the merits of whether or not you should get the vaccine as that might possibly venture into forbidden territory. Instead, I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread where those of us who do opt for vaccination can discuss our individual experiences in hopes of educating others.

In my case I felt some very minor injection site soreness, which is still present [5 hours later] but hardly noticeable at this point, that's it. I was held for 15 minutes after receiving the injection for observation and then released. I will return in 30 days for the second and final injection. The Pfizer variant also requires two individual doses but I believe the waiting period between the two is only 3 weeks.
I have never gotten the Flu Shots over the Years (I am 71) but I did get fully Vaccinated (Moderna) as I felt it just the right thing to do...I limit my ventures outside..Grocery shop, I do avoid Crowd Scenes...I am just more careful than before Covid Hit ...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have never gotten the Flu Shots over the Years (I am 71) but I did get fully Vaccinated
Same as my father, also in his 70's, who has resisted the flu vaccine every year despite pleas from his doctor. But he wanted the COVID vaccine as soon as he was eligible, no questions asked.

His older sister, on the other hand, is the lone vaccine holdout in our family that I'm aware of.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks