What's new

The Cardigans (1 Viewer)

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard the new Cardigans album? It's called Long Gone Before Daylight and in my opinion it's a pretty solid album. I especially like the track Live and Learn. Anyways I don't think it's available in the U.S., I bought an import version.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Nice, I think that it's probably my favorite album from them also. I've been a fan of theirs since about '95.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've only heard the first single (in Sweden) off the album, "You're the storm", and that is an EXCELLENT song. I haven't heard any of their albums before, only the singles, and this is the best song I've heard by them. Quirky, yet catchy and melodic.

Looking forward to buying the CD when it's released here.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
That's disappointing that they would release the album only in Europe. Is there a release date for the US.

I'll admit to being one of those fans that came on board after "Lovefool", but I've picked up every album since then and like all of them a great deal.

However, I don't feel like paying $25 for an import version.

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
So far I don't think there is a definite release date for the U.S. On the Cardigans official website forum, Nina said that it might be out before the end of the year.

Sathyan

Second Unit
All:

Is Nina's A Camp (2001) any good?

I have First Band on the Moon, Gran Turismo and Long Gone Before Daylight. LGBF is my fav. album. My favorite tracks are:
FBotM: Lovefool
GT: Paralyzed, Erase/Rewind
LGBD: Please Sister, Communication, You're the Storm, And Then You Kissed Me

I also have a single "Carnival" which I like a lot but don't know what album that came from.

Eric:
The Amazon.ca link I posted above works out to only about $16 American +p&p.

Sathyan

NP: Chely Wright Never Love You Enough

Neil J

Stunt Coordinator
Emil - Have you heard something about an SACD version?

Sathyan - "Carnival" was the first song I heard from them, in a music video. The song is from the album Life. Also, haven't really heard songs from A Camp.

Reggie - Yes she is.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
TowerRecords.com is having a sale on all imports (25%) off through 9/30, plus free standard shipping on orders over $20 "for a limited time only." Long Gone Before Daylight comes out to $16.49 after the 25% off, and you can probably find a cheap single or something to push your order over the $20 mark for free shipping.

I was planning on ordering the album tonight (haven't yet heard it, but have all The Cardigans' other albums), but if it's coming to SACD I might have to wait. Any details?

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Thanks for the heads-up, Emil. Now I just have to put together a big enough order on Amazon.de to justify the $15+ shipping charge.

Not that it'll make any difference in my decision to get the SACD, but do you have any idea whether or not it is multichannel? The Universal site doesn't indicate that it is, but I noticed several known multichannel albums that weren't listed as such, so I'm guessing their info (or lack thereof) can't be relied upon too heavily.

Sathyan

Second Unit
Pete_S:

This is where the info will appear when available.

http://sacdinfo.com/showtitle.php?title=1178

---

Hopefully this is the beginning of a trend so I can stop complaining about the lack of high-rez releases of my favourite new pop music.

Specifically I would like to see SACD/DVDA releases of:
Dido - No Angel & [new album]
Corrs - [back catalogue]
Natalie Merchant - Ophelia
Nightwish - [back catalogue]
Jewel - 0304
Lamya - Learning from falling
plus a bunch of non-English music, esp. Emma Shapplin's Carmine Meo

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is there an english-language site where I can order the SACD? Also, do SACD's have any sort of lame region coding like DVDs?

Thanks,
Dave

John Milton

Second Unit
Looks like Amazon Germany no longer carries the SACD. I had hoped to order this disc this evening as I missed this thread earlier. :frowning: Does anyone know of another etailer selling this SACD?

Gernot

Auditioning
It looks like they changed the release date. I ordered the Sacd on another german site, they canceled the order and told me that the avability date is unknown.
Also the universal site has the Sacd on the coming soon list with the release date 01.12.0019 ??? , probably the 1st December.
I also found two other site with english interface which sell the SACD:frowning:put a http and www before the url)
freerecordshop.com/pages/productview.asp?ProductID=384054
(here only an http)
oas2000.proxis.be/gate/jabba.coreii.g_p?bi=4&sp=DETAILS&mi=4492406&si=42954803
Preorder 21/10/2003
They list it as a DVD-Audio, but it has the same EAN number like some other german shops, so I think it is the SACD.
Hmm they list all their sacd as dvd audio and sacd in the title. The shipment charge to the US is also much cheaper than with amazon.de .

John Milton

Second Unit
Thanks Gernot! :)

I'll order from FRS when it's available as I was ripped off once on a DVD purchase from Proxis.

Gernot

Auditioning
Today I got my Cardigans Long before daylight SACD. It sounds pretty cool, but it is just 4.1, nothing comes out of the center. But all in all the multichannel version sounds better than the stereo version.
It was released on Oktober 20th. I ordered mine at buch.de( they didnt had and have it in stock ) it tooked 10 days for delivery within Germany(shipment charge to USA would be 15 euro). amazon.de and does not list it and at freerecordshop it is not avaiable. You could also look at cdzone.co.uk, they have it in their programm , but you have to wait probably very long, because they have almost nothing in stock. I ordered there 2 cds almost 2 weeks ago and till now, they are not shipped, but they have cheap shipment charge and a order status information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks