What's new

The Brady Bunch TV Show DVD???????? (1 Viewer)

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Since the studios are starting to get comfortable in releasing their TV shows on DVD, I was wondering if there are any plans on releasing The Brady Bunch in season boxed sets. It was a favorite show of mine when I was growing up and I would love to add it to my collection.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Isn't this likely impossible? Robert Reed had some kind of falling out with the show and to this day his estate won't license his likeness to be on merchandise. unless home video was written into the original contracts, wouldn't his estate have to agree to this? I'm not sure if they would.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Count me in for season sets of this series. With Gilligan's Island on the way can The Brady Bunch be far behind? (just remembered that different studios would be releasing these so, yes, it could be far behind:frowning: )

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Paramount hasn't hinted one way or the other about this. And I have no idea what affect - if any - that Robert Reed's estate may have on the situation.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Columbia House released this on VHS so I doubt Reed's estate would affect this release since it has been released on Home Video already.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
It's very possible that his picture could be left off of the boxes and not shown in commercials. Paramount owns the shows and Reed's estate can't really do anything about them being released on DVD should they choose to do so. I'm also surprised that they haven't scheduled this show for release. It seems to have a perpetual following amongst the young and the old.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Has their been any definitive explanation on why The Brady Bunch has not been released on DVD yet? I find it hard to beleive that its because of Robert Reed's estate, but then again, you never know.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
If Reed's estate had any say in the Brady Bunch on video or DVD, would we have the Brady Bunch Variety Hour on DVD? :eek:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
The potential box art alone could sell this set. I was sad to find out it wasn't in Paramount's trailer of coming attractions at the TV on DVD conference.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Matt.Koz said:
If Reed's estate had any say in the Brady Bunch on video or DVD, would we have the Brady Bunch Variety Hour on DVD?
I saw an episode of that variety show when it ran on Nick At Nite a few months ago. The only thing that went through my mind was: "What the hell were they thinking?" :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
And I have no idea what affect - if any - that Robert Reed's estate may have on the situation.
At a guess, it would be like the AC/DC and Metallica logos on Beavis and Butt-Heads' shirts: not to be included on the packaging or in commercials, but fine in the show itself. Perhaps Damin Toell would have some insight? He always has fascinating posts relating to copyright law.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
This is one show I'm definitely waiting for on DVD. I've seen 'em a million times and I'll watch 'em a million more. Bring it on and they will buy. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks