What's new

The Brady Bunch 50th Anniversary. Might we finally see a Brady Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
The “Brady-est” Brady Bunch collection arrived today. Awesome collection...terrible packaging
I remain curious... do any episodes of The Brady Brides keep the original Paramount Television "Blue Mountain" logos, or not? Since these were not previously available on DVD, I may hint at them being not remastered and thus the original logos stayed.

~Ben

cpalmer2k

Agent
Real Name
Chad
Is it the current CBS style which I have on The Streets of San Francisco and The Untouchables, among others?

Yep, it's the "one huge plastic case" that the Complete Series CBS/Wal-Mart are putting out now seem to be going to. Personally, I like them, but like many others I rip all of the episodes to network hard drives and then put the discs away for storage.

I should get my set today. Has anyone looked at it yet? I'm curious if they used the syndication version of the "Brady Brides" movie with it broken into three parts, or did they use the original movie version? How about the Bradys? Did they use the original versions or the edited into three movie versions?

I've seen one review on Amazon where the reviewer said they thought there was at least one edit to "Brady Brides"- a musical number being removed.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Yep, it's the "one huge plastic case" that the Complete Series CBS/Wal-Mart are putting out now seem to be going to. Personally, I like them, but like many others I rip all of the episodes to network hard drives and then put the discs away for storage.

I should get my set today. Has anyone looked at it yet? I'm curious if they used the syndication version of the "Brady Brides" movie with it broken into three parts, or did they use the original movie version? How about the Bradys? Did they use the original versions or the edited into three movie versions?

I've seen one review on Amazon where the reviewer said they thought there was at least one edit to "Brady Brides"- a musical number being removed.

Correct, it's just one really big book-style package. As soon as you open it, discs start falling out. It's really nice to have all of this in one collection, but it'll sure be a pain to navigate thru such a mess of a package.

I have not viewed anything from it yet. My schedule is pretty busy coming up, so not sure when I'll be able to get to it, but hopefully over the next few weeks I can start delving in.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I’m halfway thru the original series. While it’s an exact duplicate of the previous release, it’s fun revisiting these episodes after not seeing them since the initial release of the previous DVDs. Also, with all the interviews going around lately with “A Very Brady Renovation”, it’s fun to see the 6 middle age / senior Brady’s as kids again

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately they didn't do any remastering on "The Brady Brides". Looks like they might have used third generation dupes.

I thought the same while watching it. It is too bad we have to settle for "something, or nothing at all" because the chances this extremely rare series ever surfaces again on physical home media are non-existent.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Is the packaging bad for storage or just hard to get to specific DVD's?

It's just difficult to get to whatever DVD you want, because you have to remove the discs that surround the one you want, get the one you want, then replace the ones you just took out-- it'll take some getting used to.

crowe-t

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
It's just difficult to get to whatever DVD you want, because you have to remove the discs that surround the one you want, get the one you want, then replace the ones you just took out-- it'll take some getting used to.

The Bewitched Complete Series DVD set from Sony is like this too. It has 2 spindles that hold 33 discs.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
The Bewitched Complete Series DVD set from Sony is like this too. It has 2 spindles that hold 33 discs.

Here is how CBS has done it lately, from my copy of their all-in-one of The Streets of San Francisco:

streetsstackeddiscs1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks